Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You can now take CLEP at home!
Just happened to be looking to see the nearest testing center today and saw this on their website today. Considering the nearest testing site has never been any closer than an hour away from me, this is amazing news.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Swoneus's post:
  • Novo
(04-23-2021, 07:11 PM)rbat2021 Wrote: Hmmm just came back from a super quick CLEP overview and I saw some of their exams can be passed with a score of 50?!?! What? So I can literally get an F and on these exams and still get credit for them? Every other third credit course provider I've seen elsewhere seems to require a minimum of 70% overall grade including all coursework. I wonder if WGU will accept CLEP credits even if I barely pass with a 50 on these exams.

50 does not mean F. It’s a scaled score and 50 is roughly equivalent to a C letter grade.

The scores range from 20 to 80.

https://clep.collegeboard.org/about-clep...are-scored

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I would have taken more CLEP's if this had been an option. Going to the University of Utah, which is my closest center, finding parking, walking the campus, etc., was fun at first. It made me feel like I was actually attending Uni (I was enrolled at TESU) but after a few times it became a pain and required scheduling a lot more time than a RPNow or other home proctor for an ACE exam.
"PC only, no Macs." LOL, it's 2021. What kind of two-bit company is this? I'd never trust such dated, limited technology.
[-] The following 1 user Likes monchevy's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-03-2021, 03:19 PM)monchevy Wrote: "PC only, no Macs." LOL, it's 2021. What kind of two-bit company is this? I'd never trust such dated, limited technology.

maybe you should use a real computer
[-] The following 2 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • FutureAD, NC Coach
(05-03-2021, 03:19 PM)monchevy Wrote: "PC only, no Macs." LOL, it's 2021. What kind of two-bit company is this? I'd never trust such dated, limited technology.

It amazes me how many companies are anti-Mac. I've been a Mac user exclusively for 11 years and have zero desire to ever use a PC again. Sadly, I'll be forced to when I enter my new industry.
I did a test run of this earlier today.

Make sure to do due diligence on it. I somehow neglected to download Proctortrack's application before my test. You'll also need to have the application for the test itself, which is on CLEP's website. Even if you download neither, proctortrack gives you ample time even after your timeslot to install and open any applications you may need to. Time slots are very specific, 9AM, 12PM, 3PM, 6PM, 9PM, and midnight, available generally any day.

Communication with the proctor is done only by text chat, and you never see them. I did my test at 9:00AM, and it seemed that my proctor had their hands full. They were very professional and helpful, but if you're more of a night time test taker, you might have better service speed at a later time in the night.

All this to say, I've done zero proctored tests before this, so I don't know how this lines up to other programs like Straighterline or schools like WGU. However, if you're strong at CLEPs, I definitely recommend it. I passed American Government with a 57.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Swoneus's post:
  • carebear_007
Nice! Text chat is certainly better than trying to communicate with the ProctorU proctors audibly when they sound like they're in a busy call center sitting by an open window with lots of traffic passing by outside.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Does anyone know if Modern States refund exam costs for non-US people? Also, does anyone know why CLEP at home has to be based in the US? Testing centers are at least a couple hundreds of kilometers away from me. Couldn't I use a US P.O. box as an address or do they require SSN? I don't understand this business of making it so damn hard for non-US people to work on their degree. I don't expect any financial aid, I just don't understand why taking a test at home has to be based in the US.
I don't know if you need an SSN but, if you were to use a US PO Box, I expect they wouldn't be able to tell the difference as to whether you are in the US or not. I also think it's silly how difficult it is for people abroad to get a degree.

I expect that some of it has to do with internet latency. But that's silly because being in the US doesn't guarantee a lack of lag/latency.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • aleksa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What CLEP Courses? mpathy 4 185 Yesterday, 06:06 AM
Last Post: P226mem
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 4 998 09-05-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: lahuman1212
  French CLEP Exam Resources bonesmite 2 707 09-05-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: lahuman1212
  CLEP Economics marinereef 8 1,387 08-09-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Dr. Doom
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 7 1,216 04-19-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 543 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 557 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 890 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 1,751 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 1,186 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP