Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you tarnish your reputation for the sake of getting a PhD?
There were threads on PhD's and Quantum Physics or Therapy, etc and I came across this by email... somewhat well known in the NBA/sports world is this person who holds a valid master's and undergrad degrees, but they went "overboard" with their education going for Quantum University's Natural Medicine Doctorate & PhD. I mean, he's "solid" in terms of his experience and university education but just for a PhD he went the "non-accredited" route.

Would you or wouldn't you go for this? I would NOT, there are similarly priced Nationally Accredited programs at about 25k-30k USD for the entire Doctorate! Again, NA by DEAC...

[Image: xwRScDD.jpg]
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have more respect for this guy knowing he chose a diiferent path. Not that he would give two shits.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
I don't think he wanted just any PhD; he wanted that PhD. There are plenty of diploma mill PhD programs that are in more conventional subjects. In my opinion, there are far too many accredited options related to naturopathic medicine, including ones that lead to licensure, to justify spending money at Quantum University.

Why do they call it a doctorate and PhD? A PhD is a doctorate, and doctor of philosophy isn't even in the degree title.

ETA: Their doctoral courses consist of watching lectures or reading a textbook and passing a course exam for a certificate of completion. It's a diploma mill.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 3 users Like sanantone's post:
  • Johann, jsd, ss20ts
I think there are corners of the world where a degree from Quantum isn't a bad thing at all.  Now don't get me wrong, I know what this school is and what it isn't.  I also know that there are a lot of people who buy into all sorts of things.  Various forms of alternative medicine find their ways into many lives.  After all, recent studies indicate that taking multivitamins has no significant positive effects but millions of people take them every day.  Also, there are perfectly legitimate, accredited schools offering degrees in Integrative Medicine, etc. and it may be too much to expect the average person to tell the difference.  It's been around for 20 years so it's got some legs, a fairly consistent student population.  Someone is paying the money.  I don't think I'd be in for it but clearly someone is buying.
It shouldn't be this easy to sucker the rich out of a few dollars, but here we are.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Nature Medicine? Where's a grammar checker? The list of healthcare fields he's supposedly able to combine together seems bogus. In my state he wouldn't be able to be licensed to do all of them. He would have needed a Doctor of Chiropractic to practice. Many of his disciplines requiring degrees and licensing in my state. I can see why. What on Earth is a Doctorate and PhD? A PhD IS a doctorate! He completed a master's and a doctorate in 14 months? No way. Not legit degrees in medicine. This place sounds totally bogus. Another sketchy school from Hawaii. Big shocker. Their website doesn't appear to be functioning at the moment.

This guy sounds bogus as well. From his website he states that he treats Kanye West amongst others. He also hasn't a clue what degrees he holds.

Dr. Navin holds a Ph.D. and a Doctorate in Natural Medicine.
I'm still disappointed that this isn't a university (real or sham) offering degrees in computing technologies.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-16-2022, 09:05 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Their website doesn't appear to be functioning at the moment.

I had no trouble pulling up the website yesterday and today.

https://quantumuniversity.com/

(10-16-2022, 11:46 AM)MichaelGates Wrote:
(10-16-2022, 09:05 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Their website doesn't appear to be functioning at the moment.

I had no trouble pulling up the website yesterday and today.

https://quantumuniversity.com/

Their link on their LinkedIn page doesn't work. 

This link you provided doesn't work for me either. A school with a .com is a bad sign. 

This site can’t provide a secure connection
quantumuniversity.com sent an invalid response.
[color=var(--error-code-color)]ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR[/color]
(10-16-2022, 09:05 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Nature Medicine? Where's a grammar checker? The list of healthcare fields he's supposedly able to combine together seems bogus. In my state he wouldn't be able to be licensed to do all of them. He would have needed a Doctor of Chiropractic to practice. Many of his disciplines requiring degrees and licensing in my state. I can see why. What on Earth is a Doctorate and PhD? A PhD IS a doctorate! He completed a master's and a doctorate in 14 months? No way. Not legit degrees in medicine. This place sounds totally bogus. Another sketchy school from Hawaii. Big shocker. Their website doesn't appear to be functioning at the moment.

This guy sounds bogus as well. From his website he states that he treats Kanye West amongst others. He also hasn't a clue what degrees he holds.

Dr. Navin holds a Ph.D. and a Doctorate in Natural Medicine.

While I agree with all of this I also need to point out that he doesn't need a state practitioner's license to act as a "consultant" to any number of high rollers like Kanye.  This guy is working outside of the mainstream and so mainstream credentials are unnecessary.  I'd guess that he has a charismatic presentation and knows more than a little bit about marketing and sales.  There are always people like this around and in some ways it reminds me of some of the better known televangelists.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which college would be your choice - balancing reputation/perception - cost - time esh 6 839 08-08-2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Top 50 Universities by Reputation sanantone 1 873 08-07-2021, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Online graphic arts bachelor's with a solid industry reputation? passit1 8 2,043 04-13-2016, 11:01 AM
Last Post: AJ_Atlanta