Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would all the TESC/ECE Lawyers please comment I'm VENTING!
OK, I have been lurking in the darkest realms of this forums for quite some time, and I would first like to say that this forum is a fountain of useful knowledge.

Now, I am working to attain my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and despite my lack of a signature line I have CLEP'd what most academic scholars refer to as "a shitload of credits" but I digress I am trying to navigate a few pitfalls I have fallen into.

Problem A) I enrolled in an individual course study at Penn Foster College (Terrorism) and after waiting 3 weeks for my course materials to arrive I decided I would take the modules without the materials average 70's. I then get my proctored exam and take it, and when my results finally return my overall course grade is 70, sounds good right? OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH we're sorry we at Penn Foster only recommend credit for our ACE approved course with a 75% or above....... After a little colorful language I decide to search threads and find this lovely thing of BEAUTY and I decided to appeal to ACE to get credit for that particular course since PF would rather I reapply and drop another $300 to retake the course. I will post my findings and fingers crossed ACE will side with me.

Problem B) I decided to take an Excelsior College Exam Research Methods in Psychology after a descent amount of prepwork IC flashcards, and practice exam. I got the lovely pleasure of driving through the backwoods Virginia 2 1/2 hours away to the testing facility after working a mid-shift. Long and short of the story I received a D on the exam. So for the sake of expediency beings as though these are my last two courses required to graduate I have appealed to TESC because I know their policy regarding acceptance of transfer D's and I'm hoping they will accept a grade of D on and ECE to satisfy my Research methods in Social Sciences course requirement.

Now I'd like to get some of you kind individuals opinion on these 2 scenarios and how you think they will play out, keepinig fully in mind that I'm in the military and our school of thought is that you can ask for anything and the worse that can happen is they will say NO. It never hurts till you try right?
ACE may or may not work out, depends on how hard you push it. Geezer obviously pushed very hard. As far as TESC, good luck getting that D transferred over.
Since TESC only gives a pass fail for any CLEP,DSST,TECEP, ECE I would think they would have to give you credit for your D. Since a D is still a pass I would think they have no choice. I got an A on my only ECE exam but all TESC ever shows is a pass.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Perhaps, rather than go through ACE, you order the transcript sent from Penn Foster to TESC. Although I do not have experience doing so, I believe that some on this site have successfully had credit added going this route.
ACE cannot force PF to report successful completion; however,even if if PF does not see a "D" as successful, there is a chance, as Lindagerr stated, that TESC will accept it.

If you still want to fight the ACE reporting, Virginia Calcerano (tel# 570-961-4183) is the ACE administrator for PF.
jt003806 Wrote:Perhaps, rather than go through ACE, you order the transcript sent from Penn Foster to TESC. Although I do not have experience doing so, I believe that some on this site have successfully had credit added going this route.
ACE cannot force PF to report successful completion; however,even if if PF does not see a "D" as successful, there is a chance, as Lindagerr stated, that TESC will accept it.

If you still want to fight the ACE reporting, Virginia Calcerano (tel# 570-961-4183) is the ACE administrator for PF.

TESC will not accept a transcript directly from Penn Foster or any NA school, that is why ACE is required.
I thought I remembered reading that some have been successful bypassing ACE given the familiarity w/ PF's classes. Perhaps I was thinking of EC.
I'm wondering, why did you take the course if you didn't have the materials? Did PF fail to deliver the materials required to successfully complete the course, or did you order the materials yourself from another source?
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
The study materials didn't arrive for 3 weeks.
jt003806 Wrote:I thought I remembered reading that some have been successful bypassing ACE given the familiarity w/ PF's classes. Perhaps I was thinking of EC.

You would think that but that was never my experience with TESC. EC is known for more people willing to help in those situations.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Which Penn Foster class = TESC Strategic management? Can219 18 4,725 03-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Bsba tesc Collegelady2 20 3,986 05-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Collegelady2
  Advice for degree plan TESC BA in Liberal Studies Vol 4 1,785 03-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Understanding the Physical & Natural World TESC requirement - Science course options? gremlinbrawler 21 3,607 03-27-2017, 05:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Software Idea from TESC grad doghouse42 2 1,133 12-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Last Post: doghouse42
  Grad credit in undergrad degree @ TESC cookderosa 7 1,549 10-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  How are the 3 NFA (FREE) courses (ACE recommended) transcribed by TESC/COSC/EC? Life Long Learning 8 1,922 09-24-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESC Organizational theory / Organizational development and change requirement Can219 9 1,647 05-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Last Post: JLS81
  TESC - Oral Communications and Ethics Publius 4 1,024 05-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Publius