Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would TESU be the best place to get BSBA in HR Management?
(03-22-2021, 09:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 08:59 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: So far, I've completed Business 313 Organizational Communication and Sociology 305: Sociology of Work at SDC. I'm currently working on Business 323: Organizational Theory. If UMPI's writing requirements in anything like SDC, it takes me roughly 1.5-2 weeks to do 1 UL class. I'm not sure how tough those courses are, I might be able to do 4 or 5 in one term. but If I want to keep it at only 2 terms I'd have to make sure that I definitely do 5 courses. I'll have to explore UMPI some more. I'm guessing it's better to save the easy courses for UMPI to be able to pump out the courses?

At UMPI, you need to complete most of your UL courses at UMPI. UMPI courses are much LESS work than Study and take way less time. I'd recommend a bunch of Sophia courses, a few from InstantCert and then apply to UMPI. The courses at UMPI are more like Sophia, but with a Final Assessment at the end. The classes that do have exams, you don't need to schedule. You open the exam and take it whenever it works for you.
Awww man, that means that the two UL courses that I’ve already completed would not transfer? Hmmm... I’m gonna have to think about that. I already signed up for the 1 year at SDC with the plan that I’d take all my ULs there and some LLs not at Sophia.
(03-22-2021, 08:59 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: Aww really? I thought for sure the Business 313: Organizational Communication (SDC - UL) = COM-391 Organizational Communication and Sociology 305: Sociology of Work (SDC - UL) = SOC-362 Sociology of Work would satisfy:
H - III - Area of Study: Elective - Organizational Communication OR Managerial Communications
H - III - Area of Study: Elective - Sociology of Work Organizations 

The 30 UL plus the RA credit requirement is what was deterring me from COSC. It's like, Excelsior and TESU requirements combined. I'll have to see how much I'd be saving financially. Thanks for the breakdown, that'll be enough for me to generate a map for COSC too!

Yes, COSC's UL requirement is a pain - but you already have 2 courses completed (those count), all of the UL courses in the concentration and BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior will count.  So you're already partway there.  It's not terrible, I know many people who have done it.

Here's the breakdown in pricing for finishing at either TESU or COSC:

COSC (for 6cr tuition & fees): $3,181

TESU (for 6cr tuition & fees): $6,654

The reason I didn't suggest UMPI is because they don't have the concentration you want.  I personally think the HR concentration is useful (I have it) and if you want to work in HR, that's the way to go.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • carebear_007
(03-22-2021, 09:29 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 09:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
At UMPI, you need to complete most of your UL courses at UMPI. UMPI courses are much LESS work than Study and take way less time. I'd recommend a bunch of Sophia courses, a few from InstantCert and then apply to UMPI. The courses at UMPI are more like Sophia, but with a Final Assessment at the end. The classes that do have exams, you don't need to schedule. You open the exam and take it whenever it works for you.
Awww man, that means that the two UL courses that I’ve already completed would not transfer? Hmmm... I’m gonna have to think about that. I already signed up for the 1 year at SDC with the plan that I’d take all my ULs there and some LLs not at Sophia.

Not what I said. I said that most of the UL courses have to be completed at UMPI. Not all. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • carebear_007
If you're interested in a competency-based program, WGU offers a BSBA in HRM.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • Vle045
(03-23-2021, 10:34 AM)dbinghamjr Wrote: If you're interested in a competency-based program, WGU offers a BSBA in HRM.

They have prescheduled proctored exams which is a concern for the OP.
(03-22-2021, 06:58 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: That pre-scheduled live proctored exams is what I was afraid of. I figured I could try dropping off my kid and dog and grandma's house on a Saturday and do it then.

I looked at this thread for ONU https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ght=olivet This might be a good option for in between SDC courses. But I'm confused because it says that it's "your way" but at the same time the website also says that you "...must read, study and engage with faculty and peers to complete the learning objectives and pass the course." How could that be based on your own time? Is ONU live proctored or is it something that I can schedule in my own time?

The engagement is done via a discussion board. It's not unlike posting here. The rubrics I looked at said that, for the highest score, you need to reply to 2 other students + every comment made by faculty on your post. There are no zoom meetings or anything like that. It's 100% on your own time. If you choose to continue with TESU instead of UMPI, ONU would almost certainly be the way to go.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BA PSY xBless 10 462 09-18-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: allvia
  EU Bachelor of Professional Studies in Technology Management tonyend2001 2 151 09-16-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: tonyend2001
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 9 416 09-13-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  UMPI BA Project Management Billyjoe2308 5 299 09-02-2024, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Billyjoe2308
  Help - Math Credits for TESU Frederico.Sandoval 2 182 08-21-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Frederico.Sandoval
  List of Lingering Questions (BSBA Journey) SlowReader 4 388 08-21-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: artidiotic
  Please advise on my next classes for a TESU BSc kt320 2 228 08-19-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: kt320
  Planning a BA in Communications from TESU NJgirl 13 1,399 08-14-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BA in Computer Science, help with planning and advice Whiskazo 8 857 07-16-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Degree Plan UMPI Bachelor of liberal studies-management minor Elchavo 9 722 07-03-2024, 02:48 AM
Last Post: B_Faust42