Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Degree Program Would You Choose???
(05-14-2024, 08:35 AM)allvia Wrote: The UMPI BAS requires a technical AOS (although they likely will allow you to add a non-technical in addition). And the BAS is not automatic or guaranteed with UMPI even with an AAS. Honestly, in your case it doesn't make any sense to go down this BAS path (based on what you've shared since your first post), unless your objective was to obtain a more technical (sounding) degree; something you don't need (you started with more interest in a more management based degree than tech).  Also, you'd have to wait to have the AAS conferred before pursing the BAS. IMO, you're starting to get derailed from your objective of obtaining a bachelor - just because there are many options/paths to getting one (as great as that is). Keep your eye on the prize and work towards your objective - a completed bachelor degree.

Thanks for that. I am definitely going back and forth a bit trying to decide the path I want to take. I was under the impression that as long as you had the AAS, it would be automatic for the BAS. As far as getting derailed, I'm definitely still on that track. The only question I'm debating is which bachelor.  Smile

This raises another question for me: If I do decide to start with the BOG AAS, I could still do a BLS or BABA at UMPI. I wouldn't lock myself out of that track by obtaining the AAS would I? I wouldn't think so, but just want to make sure.
(05-14-2024, 09:00 AM)colonelcamp Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 08:35 AM)allvia Wrote: The UMPI BAS requires a technical AOS (although they likely will allow you to add a non-technical in addition). And the BAS is not automatic or guaranteed with UMPI even with an AAS. Honestly, in your case it doesn't make any sense to go down this BAS path (based on what you've shared since your first post), unless your objective was to obtain a more technical (sounding) degree; something you don't need (you started with more interest in a more management based degree than tech).  Also, you'd have to wait to have the AAS conferred before pursing the BAS. IMO, you're starting to get derailed from your objective of obtaining a bachelor - just because there are many options/paths to getting one (as great as that is). Keep your eye on the prize and work towards your objective - a completed bachelor degree.

Thanks for that. I am definitely going back and forth a bit trying to decide the path I want to take. I was under the impression that as long as you had the AAS, it would be automatic for the BAS. As far as getting derailed, I'm definitely still on that track. The only question I'm debating is which bachelor.  Smile

This raises another question for me: If I do decide to start with the BOG AAS, I could still do a BLS or BABA at UMPI. I wouldn't lock myself out of that track by obtaining the AAS would I? I wouldn't think so, but just want to make sure.

Correct, obtaining the BOG AAS would not limit your options in choosing a bachelor (such as BLS, BA or BABA). The AAS just gives some the option of a BAS.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • colonelcamp
Yes, Actually, it really depends on your personal preferences for any and everything, be it the BAS or BLS, you'll have specific pathways to get there. For the BAS, the requirement is the AAS plus 40+ technical credits, the BLS doesn't have that particular requirement. Many people go for an additional UMPI AALS along with the BAS or BLS as it's a freebie add on where you complete the requirements when you've completed the Bachelors, you just add the program and 'forget it'. Decide on your goal and pathway...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • colonelcamp
(05-14-2024, 05:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, Actually, it really depends on your personal preferences for any and everything, be it the BAS or BLS, you'll have specific pathways to get there.  For the BAS, the requirement is the AAS plus 40+ technical credits, the BLS doesn't have that particular requirement.  Many people go for an additional UMPI AALS along with the BAS or BLS as it's a freebie add on where you complete the requirements when you've completed the Bachelors, you just add the program and 'forget it'.  Decide on your goal and pathway...

I must decide! I will...

40+ Technical credits... As far as I can tell, there are 19 technical credits available on Sophia; those are all the Comp Sci and IT related ones, including the 1 credit IT career readiness course. Does "technical" include science and math as well? If it doesn't, than I am far short of that requirement.
(05-14-2024, 05:26 PM)colonelcamp Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 05:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, Actually, it really depends on your personal preferences for any and everything, be it the BAS or BLS, you'll have specific pathways to get there.  For the BAS, the requirement is the AAS plus 40+ technical credits, the BLS doesn't have that particular requirement.  Many people go for an additional UMPI AALS along with the BAS or BLS as it's a freebie add on where you complete the requirements when you've completed the Bachelors, you just add the program and 'forget it'.  Decide on your goal and pathway...

I must decide! I will...

40+ Technical credits... As far as I can tell, there are 19 technical credits available on Sophia; those are all the Comp Sci and IT related ones, including the 1 credit IT career readiness course. Does "technical" include science and math as well? If it doesn't, than I am far short of that requirement.

You can get certs to meet the 40 credit requirement.
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • allvia, colonelcamp
In addition to that, here's the sticky thread for more reading... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...one-it-yet
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia, colonelcamp, LevelUP
I just completed the TEEX Network Assurance course for what appears to be .5 credits. It was incredible easy.

I got the certificate of completion, but it doesn't show up in Credly as a badge. What am I missing?
Once you have completed the courses, email careerservices@teex.tamu.edu StudentRecords@teex.tamu.edu and EducationOutreach@teex.tamu.edu to request the issuance of the Credly badges. It is best to bundle the request once you have finished up the courses. In your email, list out the overall header and the courses under them - example below:

Cyber Security for IT Professionals TEEX-0251 CYB201
Network Assurance AWR138 (TEEX-0280)
Digital Forensics Basics AWR139 (TEEX-0281)
Information Security Basics AWR173 (TEEX-0282)
Secure Software AWR178 (TEEX-0283)
Cybersecurity in the Workplace AWR-395
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • colonelcamp
(05-15-2024, 11:54 AM)jg_nuy Wrote: Once you have completed the courses, email careerservices@teex.tamu.edu StudentRecords@teex.tamu.edu and EducationOutreach@teex.tamu.edu to request the issuance of the Credly badges. It is best to bundle the request once you have finished up the courses. In your email, list out the overall header and the courses under them - example below:

Thx!
(05-15-2024, 11:54 AM)jg_nuy Wrote: Once you have completed the courses, email careerservices@teex.tamu.edu StudentRecords@teex.tamu.edu and EducationOutreach@teex.tamu.edu to request the issuance of the Credly badges. It is best to bundle the request once you have finished up the courses. In your email, list out the overall header and the courses under them - example below:

In looking at my completed technical credits from Sophia, I only have 10. They are:

Into to IT 3 
Intro to Networking 3
Intro to Web Dev 3
IT Career exploratrion 1

I'm done with Sohpia IT courses. I don't really like the other courses.

I read that you need 15 technical credits for the BOG AAS with the desired AoE. For the Information Systems AoE, can some of those 15 be from TEEX? There's no mention of TEEX on the BOG wiki, so I'm not sure. I would think they would if UMPI takes them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 348 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 125 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 283 Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 256 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 265 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 210 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 554 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 304 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 312 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 150 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM