Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to sign-up to TESU?
Hi everyone, I've been working thru a plan to get the BSBA in Accounting from TESU and had a question about when to sign-up for the college itself.

I started my plan earlier this summer (thanks to all your help) which is:

1. Complete 90 credits with AP, CLEP, ACE.
2. Complete 9 credits @ UExcel.
3. Do 21 credits over 2 terms @ TESU.

So far things have been going well. I've already got 60 credits completed and am grinding thru 3 to 6 credits per week.

Towards the end of this year or more likely early next I'll have my 99 done so then I can focus on TESU.

I was getting a little worried about surprise catalog changes etc in December, so wondered is now a good time to do the placement test and enroll so I lock it in.

Can I even do that if I'm not taking TESU courses immediately bcoz I'm still working thru CLEPS etc?
Yep, you should definitely get enrolled at TESU. They are known to make changes at EOY sometimes. Just sign up for a TECEP to save your status until you're ready to start classes. Unless you need a specific credit, enroll for the medical terminology exam. It doesn't matter if you take or pass it.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • thecontrarian
(10-06-2021, 05:13 PM)jch Wrote: Yep, you should definitely get enrolled at TESU. They are known to make changes at EOY sometimes. Just sign up for a TECEP to save your status until you're ready to start classes. Unless you need a specific credit, enroll for the medical terminology exam. It doesn't matter if you take or pass it.

Thanks jch.

I definitely have to take one TECEP so I will sign up for that.
The great thing about full enrollment is you'll unlock unlimited evaluations. That way, you can send your credits to TESU once a month or so and see where they go as you take them. If something was miscalculated and TESU doesn't put a class where expected, you'll be able to see right away and take steps to correct it. This way, you're not surprised by the degree audit once you've gathered the majority of your classes - only to find out that half of your credits are in the wrong places and it'll take even more time and money to fix.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • thecontrarian
(10-06-2021, 11:54 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The great thing about full enrollment is you'll unlock unlimited evaluations. That way, you can send your credits to TESU once a month or so and see where they go as you take them. If something was miscalculated and TESU doesn't put a class where expected, you'll be able to see right away and take steps to correct it. This way, you're not surprised by the degree audit once you've gathered the majority of your classes - only to find out that half of your credits are in the wrong places and it'll take even more time and money to fix.

Thanks, Rachel, I didn't even think of that. That's another fear that's been lurking at the back of my mind in that what if I planned something wrong. Wouldn't be the first time for me!

I will enroll this week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thecontrarian's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
For most of the Big 3/UMPI/WGU, I've been advising people to apply after they've got 60-90 credits, some want it earlier, even at 30-45 credits, it won't really matter as long as you have decided on the degree/program. Before TESU made changes to their degree offerings/requirements, etc, I've been telling people 90 credits... nowadays, it's to apply before they change their catalog years. For the rest, I still tell them to get as much done as possible for transfer before applying...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-09-2021, 12:08 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For most of the Big 3/UMPI/WGU, I've been advising people to apply after they've got 60-90 credits, some want it earlier, even at 30-45 credits, it won't really matter as long as you have decided on the degree/program.  Before TESU made changes to their degree offerings/requirements, etc, I've been telling people 90 credits... nowadays, it's to apply before they change their catalog years.  For the rest, I still tell them to get as much done as possible for transfer before applying...

Thanks BJCheung.

I'm 101% dedicated to the BSBA Accounting program, so I will apply.

I did a chat session with a TESU advisor yesterday and asked him whether once I'm admitted the catalogue gets locked in even if I start the courses later.

He didn't seem to be sure though which was odd.
Not so odd. Most TESU advisors are useless at best, actively harmful on occasion. Seldom helpful.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Applicants are not locked into a catalog year, only enrolled students are locked... it won't matter as the 2021/2022 year already started, I would recommend taking as many alternative credits first and then take the TECEP, lastly - 16 credits afterwards the TECEP.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
While it's true that TESU's catalog isn't going to change (if at all) until next year, TESU could make more policy changes on January 1st. Being a fully-enrolled student won't make you completely immune to those, but at least it makes it less likely that you'll be affected.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BA PSY xBless 10 464 09-18-2024, 07:53 AM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 9 419 09-13-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Help - Math Credits for TESU Frederico.Sandoval 2 183 08-21-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Frederico.Sandoval
  Please advise on my next classes for a TESU BSc kt320 2 228 08-19-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: kt320
  Planning a BA in Communications from TESU NJgirl 13 1,400 08-14-2024, 05:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BA in Computer Science, help with planning and advice Whiskazo 8 858 07-16-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: davewill
  It's Time for My Son to Enroll at TESU. Is He on the Right Track? Rachel84in 8 631 06-28-2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: CharisandJon
  TESU BSBA OPM elective options promise22 4 356 06-26-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Associates TESU homeschoolmom1 0 228 05-21-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU BSBA CIS, law school, and GPA ssorj 35 6,767 05-19-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77