Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your opinion on Straighterline
Did you buy all the books for SL classes? I am about to start classes and need books.
KPGREEN Wrote:Did you buy all the books for SL classes? I am about to start classes and need books.

You can get the physical books pretty cheaply on Amazon or Ebay. SL also offers ebooks which make open-book finals easier.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
KPGREEN Wrote:Did you buy all the books for SL classes? I am about to start classes and need books.

I bought nothing XD.
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
I started my SL subscription less than 3 weeks ago and am already done with 6 classes. Thank you [B]gingerbeefE [/B]for your help and advice! I had been putting these courses off until last because I wasn't sure what to expect. I only needed to take 3 courses but I liked it so much I took 3 more. I probably won't need the last 3 but I wanted to take advantage of my time left. Plus you can't do much better than 6 classes for $300 (thanks to the ASH100 promo code). I highly recommend Straighterline!
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
jmeitrem Wrote:I only needed to take 3 courses but I liked it so much I took 3 more. I probably won't need the last 3 but I wanted to take advantage of my time left. Plus you can't do much better than 6 classes for $300 (thanks to the ASH100 promo code). I highly recommend Straighterline!

I was the same way, taking classes because I found them to be fun. Although, since I bought my first several books from SL, it ended up averaging close to $120/course. I am working on the SL Bus Comm right now, and am not doing as well as I would like (and since it's not as interesting to me I am struggling to complete the course). I have been very tempted to spice things up a bit with a subject I think I'd like, such as Intro Philosophy, even though I have been emphatically told that I do not need any more LL credits. :coolgleam:
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
that's my question for jmeitrem. why did you finish so many credits??!! totally impressed, but just curious why?
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:that's my question for jmeitrem. why did you finish so many credits??!! totally impressed, but just curious why?

I had a lot of free time in the Air Force due to the nature of my job. After taking a few tests cold I found this site and took off from there. It gave me something to do at work and it was a fun challenge
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your opinion on The Open University UK? nomaduser 12 2,372 11-08-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: alfiooo
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 989 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 895 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,262 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 1,004 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 4,054 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,427 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,566 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Straighterline Business Statistics Tips Bunii 3 2,941 07-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Bunii
  In your opinion, who should not earn a degree from the Big Three? theclepexam 17 3,529 05-12-2019, 11:17 PM
Last Post: natshar