Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best way to prepare for this test
What is the best way to prepare for this test if I need to blow it out of the water?

My school requires a 70 for credit, so the fact that this is a relatively easy, straightforward test doesn't really help because they apparently realize that and have set the bar ridiculously high.

UGAChemDawg Wrote:What is the best way to prepare for this test if I need to blow it out of the water?

My school requires a 70 for credit, so the fact that this is a relatively easy, straightforward test doesn't really help because they apparently realize that and have set the bar ridiculously high.
I wouldn't necessarily say it is an easy test it can also be one of the hardest. It can be easy if you're recently out of high school literature, or otherwise good with reading and understanding poetry and classical literature (and know your literary devices fairly well.) The further away from that you are the harder it gets, and it is just as easy to fail as any other CLEP if not taken seriously.

If you're a strong literature & poetry reader (or just good with critical reading), then you may just need to bone up on your literary device terms and you should be good to go. There a few good links earlier in the thread that take you to sites with well organized lit term definitions. You might want to take one of the peterson's practice tests to see how you score to be safe. If you can get over a 60, you'll probably pass the test (it is supposedly a tad bit easier than the actual CLEP test) but I'd probably want to shoot for the upper 70s to be safe, especially if you have to hit 70+ on the actual test.

If you need more than that, there is no IC flashcard set, but the REA "CLEP Analyzing & Interpreting Literature" book is the most highly recommended, and it also comes with 3 tests which can help you figure out how close you are to being ready. I also found some helpful sites by googling "interpreting poetry" and "interpreting literature" as well.

Good luck!
[COLOR="Red"]
MOVED FROM SPECIFIC FEEDBACK[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resources to prepare for ECE World Population leefleming 2 312 07-25-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: leefleming
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 201 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 464 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 413 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 754 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 6,980 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,267 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 1,060 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 909 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Med School Tutors now part of Blueprint Test Prep! bjcheung77 0 555 11-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77