Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to give up...
Others have provided a lot of good advice. Test out of as much as you can; I knocked out at least 78 credits (that I can count) just through CLEP/DSST, Straighterline, etc.

Please don't give up. I barely graduated high school because I had no motivation... waited years before starting my bachelors, and graduated and now I'm getting ready to start working on my MBA. This is something I never could have imagined. I'm also a father, and work full time so I can absolutely understand the time issue. Bite off small pieces and always progress. A year from now when you've graduated (or less if you have extra time), you'll be glad you started now and didn't wait.
Don't give up!
We are very similar in regards to our opinions about degrees and time in current jobs.

TECEPS were not bad at all. I've taken English Comp, Techical Writing and Mangement ones. Passed all of them with exception of "Comparituve Politics" which I absolutely hated with a passion. I did not study enough to get 1%.
Comparative Politics Score: 69%.

I did not argue or debate the score but 70% is minimum to pass. This was by far the most difficult out of the 4 TECEPS. I figured out that American Government CLEP would satisfy same requirement so went that route and passed.

I've completed approx. 18 CLEP/DSST examinations over the past year. They were a lot of fun and addicting. If you get into a rythem (Pass the first exam) it gives you a Ton of confidence for the others.

I'm done with my degree now 120/120 and I'm still taking the CLEP/DSST because it's fun to learn and a challenge. I highly recommend this route for an adult learner. It's very feasible and so are the TECEPS.

TECEPS were not that different from some of the DSST/CLEPS. Took me the same amount of study. I received a 94% on the Techinal Writing TECEP = No Study , English Comp = 76% = No Study, Management = 84% = 30 hours

In some cases the TECEPS were even easier all depending on which one and how much you know. Technical Writing = Format an email, Write a Procedure, Write a letter. Piece of cake.

(1). DSST Priciples Of Supervision. I don't know of anyone that has ever failed this. 92% pass rate. Should count as general elective at TESU or fit into degree plan. Check first.

(2). ALEKS: Beware of "Statistics". I quit college all together because of ALEKS Satistics for about 1 year. Came back with full head of steam and got it done. The other math courses worth ACE were easy and I knocked out 3 of them in 1 week. (Separate threads in this forum about this.)

(3). Saylor.org Free. I've passed a few of these. Self paced. TESU takes a lot of them. Pay Proctor U fee. All the study material is part of the course. Time consuming to go thru all the material. I recommend to print it all and make a binder and study like that. After printing the material it took me about 1-2 weeks study. BENEFIT: You can challenge the exam at any time you feel ready.

My two cents
I just want to drop a note to you not to give up. I've been in a similar situation and I'm glad you came here to ask some really great questions. The folks around here are so helpful. Support is all around you.

Way back in 2002 when I graduated HS I took a couple years of CC majoring in Music. I transfered into a 4 year university but was quickly overwhelmed and took on too much debt. Honestly, I got burned out and started hating the thing I wanted to do with my life. It took a toll on me though to this day. So a couple years ago I decided to finish my degree. Unfortunately, there are very very few online options to complete a music degree. I had to do tonnes of research but then I found TESU. Even here though I was perplexed because TESU doesn't offer most of the Music classes that they require to confer the degree.... Sad

Enter the Forum and help from the vast knowledge I found here. Now, I'm on the Guardian Scholarship with Study.com, just finished my first class, and halfway through my second. I also took advantage of some FREE (yes, FREE) courses online. More over I was able to connect to some others here who helped verify some of my research to get the rest of my degree planned.

All that to say this. I'm now only 19 Credits away from my BA in Music and as I get closer I'm getting even more excited.

Push through, every credit is getting you closer to your goals. The old saying 'Where there's a will there's a way.' = totally true.

Keep asking questions and go for it.

-Niv
BA Music at TESU  120/120  All transfer credit - Graduation September 2018

The Institutes - Ethics and CPCU Code - 2017
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams - 2017
Study.com - Personal Finance, American Gov 102, World Religions, Geology 101 - 2017
UTPB - Jazz, Rock, Pop II, History of Film Music, Jazz History - 2017
TESU - Capstone - 2018
I think you might be surprised - even with limited time - there are so many course options that really don't take that long. Since you already have so many of your AOS courses you are really just talking about some additional AOS and a lot of Gen Eds. I personally found the Gen Ed classes to be really, really easy. Take something you are already familiar with like Government or World Religions or whatever looks like it would be pretty easy to pass. Get through a few of those courses every month and you'll be in a great position. You might be surprised at how much faster these are when you self-study vs. sitting in a classroom for 16 weeks. Just finishing a class or two gave me the motivation to keep going. I would recommend one of the free courses. #1 because they are free. #2 because they don't take terribly long and its minimum commitment. You aren't putting a whole lot of money on the line. If you get two or three of those completed you might be surprised at how motivating that is.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU did not give me a waiver of the Cornerstone course sarahrahul 4 1,978 04-30-2018, 06:57 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Statistics, think TESU will give me credit for this class? StoicJ 5 1,924 01-23-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Does TESU refuse to give ANY third BA? Pelican 14 2,914 12-27-2017, 12:18 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Can somebody give me a good plan for a business degree through one of the big three? Jwheels27 4 1,535 07-05-2017, 12:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Charter Oak give grades for Straighterline or just Pass/Fail? larryp 7 1,509 10-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Last Post: CoachJohn
  Does Excelsior College give Letter Grades for ALEKS, Straighter Line, or Saylor? Toastmaster 4 1,000 03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Does Excelsior College give letter marks for clep exams or they give a pass/fail? rklein 2 779 03-08-2015, 11:49 PM
Last Post: SuZQ2
  TESC didn't give me a clear answer...Will TESC accept these? Do you see any problems? Can219 4 808 06-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Last Post: armyb77
  Can someone give me TESC course equivalency for AP European History? WannaBNurseJ 2 822 02-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Can anybody give some advice on Thomas Edison? driver6198 1 562 10-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Last Post: bricabrac