Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anybody give some advice on Thomas Edison?
Good Evening,

I have applied to Thomas Edison and have received my evaluation and they are accepting my entire Associates Degree in Bus Admin from community college. I am still in community taking 3 extra accounting courses to get me up to 80 credits.

My question is does anyone have any advice on how to go about the rest of my education at Thomas Edison. I will enroll for January needing Intermediate Accounting II, Auditing, Intro to Finance, Business in Society and Management Communication. The rest of my courses will be mix of business and general electives. My degree will be the Bachelor's in Bus Admin/Acct.

For the last 2 years, I have taken 5 classes in the fall and spring semesters and 4 in summer; I am used to 14 classes a year.

I do need 14 classes from T.E. and was looking for opinions if it could be done in year's time. Does anyone recommend the comprehensive tuition for 12 classes in one year but taking 4 classes a semester for 3 of the semesters, then pay again for 2 in the last semester of the year to make 14? Or are some of the general electives that I can pick from easy enough to test out of in order to finish in one year?

I really appreciate any comments or advice from someone who has experience in dealing with a similar situation.
Hello Driver6198,

I know if you have future plans in becoming a CPA earning your accounting degree is a bit more strict in requiring graded credits. Yes, you can definitely finish up within a year. You can use comprehensive for four semesters and take two teceps towards the end. Business policy has a reputation of being quite doable as a tecep exam (check the specific feedback section for feedback) and take a look at the list to choose one other. Teceps are now $99/each so I would use the comprehensive units for courses and pay out of pocket for your teceps. Thomas Edison State College/ All TECEP&reg Tests

There have been quite a few here who have studied accounting at TESC. Just do a search to weed through the information. Keep in mind this forum leans more towards folks who are doing a lot of testing. I would advise you to also take advantage of TESCs discussion forum to converse with fellow TESC students. When you log on to myedison click the community tab and you will see the link for discussion forum on the top right.

Good luck!!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,163 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU My Edison log-in trouble JanuarySunshine 4 2,780 08-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: JanuarySunshine
  THOMAS EDISON ANALYZING AND INTERPRETING LIT Giantzebra 4 1,995 08-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: nashpond
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,615 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU Degree plan - advice needed please Tripletmom 9 2,485 06-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Tripletmom
  Help requested with Thomas Edison degree plan. BSOL kodiak61 8 2,478 06-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help! Advice needed! TESU enrollment expiring. Lewis.Yim 15 4,834 05-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Last Post: sheptr
  Looking for advice about finishing my degree needdegree123 20 3,660 05-12-2018, 09:38 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie seeking advice please AJ127 4 1,842 05-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Last Post: AJ127
  TESU did not give me a waiver of the Cornerstone course sarahrahul 4 1,979 04-30-2018, 06:57 PM
Last Post: jsh1138