Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Transfer Evaluation
Attached is my transfer from my community college.  What should be my next step for a BSBA at WGU?  Would WGU be the best option?

My Treasurer/Clerk Certification requires a Bachelor's degree - no requirement on concentration or type.

Thank you!!

Attached Files
.pdf   Transcript_Evaluation_Results (2).pdf (Size: 37.07 KB / Downloads: 27)
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

For a BSBA, you might want to consider UMPI. It's become a favorite here with some students. It's certainly worth submitting an application to see what they say.

WGU says you're about 1/3rd of the way through. I know that with just Sophia, you can get almost 2/3rds of the way to a degree at UMPI. You'll possibly get better transfer equivalencies for your transcript at UMPI, too. I am not our resident expert on UMPI, though.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It really depends on whether you want a competency-based program or not. They are only inexpensive if you actually get through them quickly; otherwise, you will end up spending way too much.

I would suggest you sign up for Sophia and see how many courses you can do in maybe 2-3 months to get an idea of whether you want to hammer through something, or take more time. Then you can come back and let us know what you think.

And, BTW, Sophia will probably be easier than what you'd do with WGU or UMPI, but at least you'll have an idea of whether you can go through quickly or not.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-17-2020, 03:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For a BSBA, you might want to consider UMPI. It's become a favorite here with some students. It's certainly worth submitting an application to see what they say.

WGU says you're about 1/3rd of the way through. I know that with just Sophia, you can get almost 2/3rds of the way to a degree at UMPI. You'll possibly get better transfer equivalencies for your transcript at UMPI, too. I am not our resident expert on UMPI, though.

It does not have to be a BSBA - can be any degree as long as it is a Bachelor's. I am working towards a governmental certification that requires a Bachelor's.

(12-17-2020, 03:10 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It really depends on whether you want a competency-based program or not. They are only inexpensive if you actually get through them quickly; otherwise, you will end up spending way too much.

I would suggest you sign up for Sophia and see how many courses you can do in maybe 2-3 months to get an idea of whether you want to hammer through something, or take more time. Then you can come back and let us know what you think.

And, BTW, Sophia will probably be easier than what you'd do with WGU or UMPI, but at least you'll have an idea of whether you can go through quickly or not.

That's a good idea, yes. Luckily, right now Sophia is also $149 for an entire year (see relevant thread for details). They have a lot of courses that transfer to WGU and UMPI.

BSBRose, UMPI does have degrees besides BSBA but that's what I mentioned because it's your WGU evaluation. And if it turns out that you don't like the competency-based approach, many Sophia courses also transfer to COSC. That's another cheap bachelor's degree source.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
For Competency-based, there are several options.

For non-CB, your cheapest will probably be COSC.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-17-2020, 03:10 PM)dfrecore Wrote: It really depends on whether you want a competency-based program or not. They are only inexpensive if you actually get through them quickly; otherwise, you will end up spending way too much.

I would suggest you sign up for Sophia and see how many courses you can do in maybe 2-3 months to get an idea of whether you want to hammer through something, or take more time.  Then you can come back and let us know what you think.

I have completed all the Sophia ones earlier this year except for the ones with Touchstones. They are still not on my Acclaim account after requesting so WGU did the evaluation without it. 

1. Accounting
2. Ancient Greek Philosophers
3. Approaches to Studying Religions
4. Art History 1
5. Art History 2
6. College Algebra
7. Conflict Resolution
8. Environmental Science
9. Foundations of College Algebra
10. Human Biology
11. Intro to Business
12. Intro to Ethics
13. Intro to IT
14. Intro to Psychology
15. Intro to Sociology
16. Macroeconomics
17. Microeconomics
18. Project Mgmt
19. US History 1
20. US History 2
21. Visual Communications

It took about a month and a half to complete all of them.  I did have the old TEEX courses but now they won't transfer over with the new Acclaim account.

In that case, check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List to see which things will transfer where. You should have just the 30 UMPI residency credits to complete now. ss20ts and ashkir are both quite pleased with UMPI and ss20ts can explain better how things work with that school.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
WGU is a school that really isn't GE-friendly - generally, only about 25-30% of the degree is GE, so the rest is your major.

I would look at COSC and some other CB programs.
When I found this forum, I never imagined that I would be able to complete a competency based program. Then I took some free classes from Sophia when I found this forum. I discovered, I COULD move along quickly, hold myself accountable, and make a schedule which I stick to for school. I was attending CSU Global at the time. That place is $1,050 per class. Wicked expensive. I started looking for a faster way to get my degree and cheaper. I looked at WGU but I really didn't like the proctoring. UMPI doesn't currently have proctors because we complete papers/projects for most classes and the professor asks you questions to make sure you did the work. One term is $1,400 and there are no other fees. All of the course material is included in the course. No textbooks. No software. Nothing else is needed. Transferring to UMPI saved me over $8,000 and I am graduating months sooner. I also have 3 minors. I wouldn't have all of that if I stayed at CSU Global. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions about UMPI.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • GizmoJack, rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP!!!!!! Old Transfer Credits Kimbap 3 182 09-11-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Trying for Excelsior criminal justice with transfer credits and using Sophia mikefrank113 0 187 08-30-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: mikefrank113
  UoPeople to Walden Transfer Equivalencies Antegwyn1689 6 404 08-28-2024, 11:43 AM
  Assistance with Credit Transfer & Fast, Affordable & Efficient Degree Completion Plan PositiveSoul 9 727 06-24-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: PositiveSoul
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 6 693 06-15-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dhiness
  UMPI transcript evaluation advice dadof3 2 884 08-17-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  CS Student Wanting to Transfer, What School is Best for a Senior with Anxiety? SeriouslySylvia 24 2,570 03-10-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  Most Efficient Use of Transfer Credits sara.nicole 10 1,357 03-03-2023, 05:05 PM
  100% transfer, No Residency req'd Degree BigJohn1975 4 5,401 11-21-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Transfer Help Risa 8 936 11-18-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Risa