Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Venting - Textbook costs
I like this website for comparing book costs. Sometimes hardcover are less expensive than paperback. It would be interesting to know how textbook prices compare among the stores.

Best Web Buys price comparison shopping
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
I am taking 6 classes this semester; the total costs for my books on campus = $867.78 for USED BOOKS!!! I went on amazon and abebooks.com and bought them for less... My total cost out of pocket = $309 .... all brand new books
hilarious
Abebooks, amazon, and half.com are my best sources for textbooks. I also like campusbooks.com because you can find the lowest prices on the net for textbooks, they gather all the sites and have all the prices + shipping laid out on 1 page.
Passed So Far Big Grin
A& I Literature (74) US History II (71) American Lit (68) English Lit (63) Intro to Business Law (57) Into to World Religions (451) Ethics in America (423) Information Systems CLEP (66) Social Sciences & History (71) Principles of Management (68) General Anthropology (59) Here's To Your Health (476)
barcotta Wrote:I found a post recommending AbeBooks Official Site - New & Used Books, New & Used Textbooks, Rare & Out of Print Books AFTER I purchased the books I used--but I did take a look and I found that all of the books I had purchased, after painstakingly trying to find the best price, were available through abebooks for less.

I didn't know about abebooks before I bought my books. I wish I had -- one that I paid $54 (plus $6 expedited shipping) was $1 on abe (they also had the same book for more, but I could have gotten the $1 version.) :mad:

I need to go through my books and sell some of them. My husband's in college too, so I've been trying to save some of the books for classes that he might use, but he's decided that he's not taking government courses, so all of those can go....maybe I can recoup some of my money.
Smile Cleps:
Introduction Business Law 65
Principles of Management 70
Principles of Marketing 71
A&I Literature 68
American Lit 59
Educational Psychology 68
Social sciences & history 65
Western Civilization I 64

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
I use this site to find the current prices (new and used): Best Web Buys price comparison shopping
It would always give me great pleasure whenever I was able to get the course textbooks for a fraction of the price. My last semester at a B&M I got 3 of my textbooks online and earlier editions for $25.00 total, actual retail price at the College Bookstore was $369.00. Cheaptextbooks.com and half.com are our friends. College textbooks are one of the biggest rip offs out there. Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math textbook author made $26 million cardiacclep 10 1,700 02-23-2023, 05:09 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Program to educate incarcerated people costs 40K per graduate?! studyingfortests 25 2,286 05-11-2022, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  College costs increasing due to too many new administrative positions ryoder 0 758 02-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Last Post: ryoder
  IT Textbook Source Needed marianne202 9 2,173 08-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Last Post: scorched
  Textbook Prices Nodean 2 2,130 04-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Last Post: beckysharp