Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Course Options for COSC
I am looking for the fastest and easiest way to get my Upper Level Courses, cheapest is least on the list, for BSBA general at COSC.

I have the following as part of my business requirements, other than that, I am open to any and all suggestions!

DSST Business Ethics
Uexcel Organizational Behavior
Uexcel Labor Relations
Uexcel Human Resource Management
COST Capstone

Need 5 more UL courses.

Is any other source of UL credit available to transfer to COSC, such as Straighterline, Saylor, Sophia....etc? Or is it just the major tests?

TIA
[COLOR="#0000CD"]Jody Thatcher
[/COLOR]

DIYcollegeDegree Website:
http://diycollegedegree.weebly.com/

42 credits transferred from Western Illinois University (1993-1994) - 2.133 GPA

Charter Oak State College - BSBA Individualized 96/120 - 2.68 GPA
Applied 04-17-2015
Enrolled 06-03-2015

In Progress:
UExcel Organizational Behavior

Completed in 2016:
DSST - Management Information Systems 443, Business Ethics & Society 414, Substance Abuse 423
Straighterline - American Government 87%, Intro to Business 86%, Personal Finance 89%, Business Communication

Completed in 2015:
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Aleks - Business Statistics 71%
Penn Foster - Financial Management 97%
Straighterline - Macroeconomics 92%, Microeconomics 91%, Financial Accounting 83%, Managerial Accounting 80%, Business Law 81%, Principles of Management 89%, Intro to Religion 84%
Saylor - Principles of Marketing 78%
UExcel - Operations Management, Business Ethics

TECEP - 11 UL exams at $111 each

Sophia Project Management - $329 but they have coupons regularly
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just took the UEXEL Social Psychology and studied with study.com videos. It took me 3 days and is UL at COSC.
The Civil War DSST and the Substance Abuse DSST are both UL at COSC as well.
I'm taking the Sales Management, Portfolio Management, and Federal Taxation TECEP's in the coming weeks. All UL at COSC
I was under the impression that the UL courses had to be business courses (TESC only requires the UL courses to be in your area of study). So, if you can take ANY UL courses, there are more options. UExcel and TECEP's are obvious choices, some DSST exams are UL, SL has some UL courses, and TorCollegeCredits.com has UL courses.

Double check with COSC before you take anything though - I have no idea what their policies are regarding UL courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This list has many UL choices (DSST, UExcel, TECEP): http://www.charteroak.edu/exams/exams-master-list.pdf

In addition to what you have the Civil War DSST and Substance Abuse DSST are good choices.

I could be wrong, but I don't know of any Straighterline courses that qualify for UL at COSC. I am not sure of any Saylor courses which qualify.

Project Management at Sophia is a good (but somewhat expensive) choice. There are several Penn Foster courses that ACE approves as upper level, but be sure to verify with COSC before taking.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
Decius73 Wrote:The Civil War DSST and the Substance Abuse DSST are both UL at COSC as well.

topdog98 Wrote:In addition to what you have the Civil War DSST and Substance Abuse DSST are good choices.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ + 1
BA, Liberal Studies - Charter Oak State College, 2018
AAS, Police Administration - Nashville State Community College, 2016
AAS, Board of Governors, West Virginia University at Parkersburg, 2015

dfrecore Wrote:Double check with COSC before you take anything though - I have no idea what their policies are regarding UL courses.

COSC usually has UL courses required in the concentration/major and then an overall UL requirement which can be met with courses outside of the major.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
Thanks everyone! I have DSST Management Information Systems to take....then on to complete my 10 UL courses!
[COLOR="#0000CD"]Jody Thatcher
[/COLOR]

DIYcollegeDegree Website:
http://diycollegedegree.weebly.com/

42 credits transferred from Western Illinois University (1993-1994) - 2.133 GPA

Charter Oak State College - BSBA Individualized 96/120 - 2.68 GPA
Applied 04-17-2015
Enrolled 06-03-2015

In Progress:
UExcel Organizational Behavior

Completed in 2016:
DSST - Management Information Systems 443, Business Ethics & Society 414, Substance Abuse 423
Straighterline - American Government 87%, Intro to Business 86%, Personal Finance 89%, Business Communication

Completed in 2015:
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Aleks - Business Statistics 71%
Penn Foster - Financial Management 97%
Straighterline - Macroeconomics 92%, Microeconomics 91%, Financial Accounting 83%, Managerial Accounting 80%, Business Law 81%, Principles of Management 89%, Intro to Religion 84%
Saylor - Principles of Marketing 78%
Jody,

Study.com has a for credit Human Resources Management course that might be an alternative to Uexcel or at least a study guide for it. Also, PennFoster's Human Resources Management is approved for UL at TESC and is reported to be proctor free.
ajps2 Wrote:Jody,

Study.com has a for credit Human Resources Management course that might be an alternative to Uexcel or at least a study guide for it. Also, PennFoster's Human Resources Management is approved for UL at TESC and is reported to be proctor free.

Unfortunately, COSC probably would not accept the Study.com or Penn Foster Human Resource Management courses as UL since ACE reviews them as LL.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,763 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,011 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 528 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 677 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 479 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tuition Payment Options lidel 0 308 11-09-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lidel
  Do extended level 6 diploma's from the UK get evaluated as Bachelor degrees in the US Pinko64 3 602 11-02-2023, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Pinko64
  Level 5 from UK, what have been your experiences? elcastor21 3 475 09-19-2023, 09:42 AM
  2023-2024 Pell Grant Max: $7395 (Options to use this) bjcheung77 8 1,482 07-31-2023, 10:53 AM
  Upper level Art credits? Insert Name 9 1,069 03-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Ideas