Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated CLEP tests
Does anyone know where I can find when the CLEP tests were last updated? In particular Macro/Microeconomics? I wanted to make sure my study materials were not too old Smile
I know DSST just recently updated theirs.

Thanks!
studyandpass5 Wrote:Does anyone know where I can find when the CLEP tests were last updated? In particular Macro/Microeconomics? I wanted to make sure my study materials were not too old Smile
I know DSST just recently updated theirs.

Thanks!

I'm not sure where to locate this information either. I would suggest contacting CLEP and ask them. I wouldn't worry about Macro/Micro test. The information in these type of exam don't change often and if they do its usually minor. I plan on taking the Macroeconomics CLEP on 12/3. I took Micro in school was to worried about testing out of it.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
easy peasy. Go to the ACE website, every exam date is listed. A good rule of thumb, you can use content/curriculum from any date - macro is macro is macro. So, an old textbook is no problem. For test prep though, you want that to be current from the last date of refreshment. Macro was last updated 10/1/2012, so choose test prep materials that were published after that date.

The American Council on Education
cookderosa Wrote:easy peasy. Go to the ACE website, every exam date is listed. A good rule of thumb, you can use content/curriculum from any date - macro is macro is macro. So, an old textbook is no problem. For test prep though, you want that to be current from the last date of refreshment. Macro was last updated 10/1/2012, so choose test prep materials that were published after that date.

The American Council on Education

Are you sure Dates Offered means the last time the actual test was updated. I find it hard to believe that some of the exams they are giving out are from 2001. A 15 year old exam would be terrible.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Are you sure Dates Offered means the last time the actual test was updated. I find it hard to believe that some of the exams they are giving out are from 2001. A 15 year old exam would be terrible.

Synicaal, I have been asked by you multiple times if I am sure. I wouldn't have replied to the poster if I weren't sure. You are, however, welcome to look it up yourself.
Jennifer, thank you! I attempted to look this up with the link you provided to ACE, but I could not find the list of exams anywhere. Could you point me in the right direction, or possibly provide another link?

Thanks!
I have not developed CLEP exams. I have helped develop other exams and am subject to nondisclosure agreements. A common technique in standardized testing is to put some ungraded questions on a standardized exam. How you do on the ungraded questions doesn't have any effect on you passing the exam. Once enough people have attempted the ungraded questions, they are subjected to rigorous statistical analysis. Questions that perform well according to psychometric standards are officially added as graded questions for future test takers. Over a period of time, new questions rotate in and old questions rotate out. When this approach is used, the exam publisher might never refer to the exam as new or revised.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
studyandpass5 Wrote:Jennifer, thank you! I attempted to look this up with the link you provided to ACE, but I could not find the list of exams anywhere. Could you point me in the right direction, or possibly provide another link?

Thanks!

home page --> higher ed topics --> credit --> programs evaluated for credit --> (catalog) search College Board CLEP --> Macro / Micro

from the exam content page, you can view each date range for every exam revision. We are in the current edition that was last updated on 10/1/2012. It will expire on 11/30/2018.
For those who would like to learn more about the ACE credit review process. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Here's the ACE CLEP link from the National Guide.
ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,830 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 676 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,197 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 1,049 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 1,173 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,824 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Looking for EQ & IQ Tests online: Anyone? bjcheung77 6 1,158 10-12-2021, 05:40 PM
Last Post: sanantone
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,452 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,390 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,638 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty