Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ugh- BUS 489 - Strategic Fundamentals and Environment with Milestones
Is anyone taking this course now with Professor Noah Winslow? We have gone back and forth about 8 times on an answer to a milestone and I feel like we are reading two different things regarding what the question is asking.  It's the milestone about Ghemawatt AAA strategy that he's asking for something different than the milestone, and when I answer his questions, he says that's not the milestone question.
Which course is this? I didn't have any with this name.
(04-07-2022, 03:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Which course is this? I didn't have any with this name.

Strategic Fundamentals and Environment with Milestones

It's part of the BA with management program
What is the BUS name? I completed every course except for the Supply Chain Management and Accounting courses,.. I don't recognize this Strut name. I am wondering if they changed a course from when I completed my degree.
Sorry, it's BUS 489 Business Policy and Strategy
Oh that's the 1 class I didn't take! UGH! I have heard that he's tough with the Milestones. Have you tried emailing him for clarification on what he's looking for?
(04-07-2022, 04:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Oh that's the 1 class I didn't take! UGH! I have heard that he's tough with the Milestones. Have you tried emailing him for clarification on what he's looking for?

Oh yes! Many times. The other milestones I received answers like "Great" or "That's a great answer" but this one milestone I keep going back and forth and he never really answers the questions.
Well that is frustrating! Have you sent him an email outside of Strut? Maybe ask for some help since you keep not giving him what he's looking for. Some of the new instructors are difficult with the Milestones. I've heard he's challenging with them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Cole22
(04-07-2022, 03:47 PM)Cole22 Wrote: Is anyone taking this course now with Professor Noah Winslow? We have gone back and forth about 8 times on an answer to a milestone and I feel like we are reading two different things regarding what the question is asking.  It's the milestone about Ghemawatt AAA strategy that he's asking for something different than the milestone, and when I answer his questions, he says that's not the milestone question.

Same experience here too, and with that specific Milestone even. This was through direct e-mails as well. I often found his answers would make my brain hurt and leave me squinting at the screen trying to understand what he meant. I felt genuinely stupid. Not to spoil it, but when I finally found the answer he was looking for I realized that I had way overcomplicated that particular milestone. In hindsight, I believe he genuinely tries to coax the correct answer out of you, but it can be a frustrating process getting there.

S
[-] The following 1 user Likes lidel's post:
  • Cole22
Thanks @lidel! I did email him again this evening and said the milestone is asking for AAA strategy I would recommend, and I defined and gave examples of what I would recommend by using the financial statements that he asked me to use. I then asked him if I'm not understanding the milestone question correctly to please let me know. I never have issues understanding the milestones except with his courses, and I blame myself for not comprehending. I have a 3.94 gpa and this is my last course before graduation and wanted to do a good job on the course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cole22's post:
  • Johndmabryjr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Average Milestones per Undergraduate Class? klone 6 1,089 09-27-2023, 04:36 AM
Last Post: ishady
  How long to affirm Milestones? MikeyJeff 1 348 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Feedback requested: BUS 323 - Fundamentals of Supply Chain and Logistics Tswede 3 803 07-25-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: grogers14
  Milestones hasn't been affirmed. MikeHez 6 838 05-27-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Last day of classes question - milestones anthony3070 10 1,531 03-11-2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: harrit
  Testing without milestones affirmed anthony3070 4 769 03-02-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  Milestones upgrayedd 5 902 01-24-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: d48reu
  quizzes and milestones kimmyk 2 849 10-24-2022, 04:02 PM
  Question about Milestones "etiquette" elledee2020 5 1,481 04-10-2022, 10:08 PM
Last Post: CCCC
  Milestones jb0433 3 959 03-15-2022, 02:38 PM