Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ugh- BUS 489 - Strategic Fundamentals and Environment with Milestones
The professor is very strict on that "AAA" and a lot of ppl overthink it. I think my wife re-did it three times, but she kept overthinking it. However all the othe rmilestones were confirmed on the first shot. Also she submitted her final with no draft and passed without anyproblems.
DBA Organization Leadership - South - Expected April 2024
BA Political Science and History - UMPI - 2022
MS Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - WGU - 2021
BS Computer Science - Park U - 2018
MBA Public Administration - CSU - 2016
BS Management - Park U - 2010
AAS Communications Technology - CCAF - 2008

CEH/CHFI/SEC+/NET+/Proj+/CISSP
(04-07-2022, 03:47 PM)Cole22 Wrote: Is anyone taking this course now with Professor Noah Winslow? We have gone back and forth about 8 times on an answer to a milestone and I feel like we are reading two different things regarding what the question is asking.  It's the milestone about Ghemawatt AAA strategy that he's asking for something different than the milestone, and when I answer his questions, he says that's not the milestone question.

He is the worst professor in the whole school. He has wasted a month of mine going back and forth on this stupid milestone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes awaters5080's post:
  • loops77
(04-07-2022, 03:47 PM)Cole22 Wrote: Is anyone taking this course now with Professor Noah Winslow? We have gone back and forth about 8 times on an answer to a milestone and I feel like we are reading two different things regarding what the question is asking.  It's the milestone about Ghemawatt AAA strategy that he's asking for something different than the milestone, and when I answer his questions, he says that's not the milestone question.

That professor was awful. I dropped his course and plan to finish my degree with non-business courses to avoid having him again. He would take days to provide pedantic, irrelevant feedback.  

The last straw with him came after three iterations on a milestone. Grammarly scored my milestone at 99%, yet he kept telling me that while the concepts were correct, the writing style was not up to par... I have received perfect marks in every other University of Maine at Presque Isle (UMPI) class, including English!  

It would be one thing if he were a great authority on business and was pushing us towards greatness by asking insightful questions. However, his LinkedIn profile reveals that his day job is as a low-level marketer. UMPI should hire stronger professors.
[-] The following 1 user Likes thestudyguy's post:
  • ashkir
(08-03-2023, 11:03 AM)thestudyguy Wrote:

That professor was awful. I dropped his course and plan to finish my degree with non-business courses to avoid having him again. He would take days to provide pedantic, irrelevant feedback.  

The last straw with him came after three iterations on a milestone. Grammarly scored my milestone at 99%, yet he kept telling me that while the concepts were correct, the writing style was not up to par... I have received perfect marks in every other University of Maine at Presque Isle (UMPI) class, including English!  

It would be one thing if he were a great authority on business and was pushing us towards greatness by asking insightful questions. However, his LinkedIn profile reveals that his day job is as a low-level marketer. UMPI should hire stronger professors.
This is literally the worst instructor at UMPI. No doubt about that. He is extremely picky with both milestones and final project. If you haven’t been stressed out about a course yet, this is the one!
Professor Winslow is a great professor. He expects satisfactory work, nothing less. I had no issues whatsoever in the two classes I took with him. Each milestone's requirements are written out, if he is kicking them back to you, it means you did not follow the directions outlined. As far as the final assessment for BUS489, submit a draft, and follow his feedback precisely and you will receive a 100%.
University of Maine at Presque Isle
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
3.84 GPA
magna cum laude
August 25th, 2023

Eastern University
Master of Business Administration
3.45 GPA
August 18th, 2024
(04-07-2022, 11:03 PM)Cole22 Wrote: Thanks @lidel! I did email him again this evening and said the milestone is asking for AAA strategy I would recommend, and I defined and gave examples of what I would recommend by using the financial statements that he asked me to use. I then asked him if I'm not understanding the milestone question correctly to please let me know. I never have issues understanding the milestones except with his courses, and I blame myself for not comprehending. I have a 3.94 gpa and this is my last course before graduation and wanted to do a good job on the course.

Congrats on your GPA!! Is 3.94 Summa Cum Laude?  How fast are you completing your courses, by the way?  I'm also looking to achieve a high GPA.
(03-02-2023, 10:17 AM)kidneysmasher Wrote: The professor is very strict on that "AAA" and a lot of ppl overthink it. I think my wife re-did it three times, but she kept overthinking it. However all the othe rmilestones were confirmed on the first shot. Also she submitted her final with no draft and passed without anyproblems.

What was her final grade for the Class with Professor Winslow?

Also if anyone else reads this and had Winslow, please post your final grade if you can, after all those revisions he had people doing.
(09-20-2023, 09:05 AM)DolceDolce Wrote:
(03-02-2023, 10:17 AM)kidneysmasher Wrote: The professor is very strict on that "AAA" and a lot of ppl overthink it. I think my wife re-did it three times, but she kept overthinking it. However all the othe rmilestones were confirmed on the first shot. Also she submitted her final with no draft and passed without anyproblems.

Also if anyone else reads this and had Winslow, please post your final grade if you can, after all those revisions he had people doing.

I never had to do a revision in the two courses I took with Professor Winslow and I received an A+ in both courses. He is not asking you to define rocket science, he merely wants you to show competency in the milestones, test and/or final paper. I have seen many people get frustrated with this particular professor for his "harsh" grading and expectations. I'd argue he is one of the better professors because he actually cares that you understand what he is teaching rather than just being another professor who just throw A's at every student because they're so backed up on grading and revisions.
University of Maine at Presque Isle
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
3.84 GPA
magna cum laude
August 25th, 2023

Eastern University
Master of Business Administration
3.45 GPA
August 18th, 2024
[-] The following 2 users Like klone's post:
  • Pikachu, ss20ts
(09-20-2023, 12:16 PM)klone Wrote:

I never had to do a revision in the two courses I took with Professor Winslow and I received an A+ in both courses. He is not asking you to define rocket science, he merely wants you to show competency in the milestones, test and/or final paper. I have seen many people get frustrated with this particular professor for his "harsh" grading and expectations. I'd argue he is one of the better professors because he actually cares that you understand what he is teaching rather than just being another professor who just throw A's at every student because they're so backed up on grading and revisions.
That’s your experience with him and I won’t argue with you on that. However, everyone’s experiences different things. One student might find a professor relatively easy and another might find it very difficult. That does not mean that we’re expecting him to “ just throw As” as you described it. I find it disrespectful trying to undermine other students experience.

(09-20-2023, 01:39 PM)Pancman237 Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 12:16 PM)klone Wrote:

That’s your experience with him and I won’t argue with you on that. However, everyone’s experiences different things. One student might find a professor relatively easy and another might find it very difficult. That does not mean that we’re expecting him to “ just throw As” as you described it. I find it disrespectful trying to undermine other students experience.
And there’s a reason why every university asks students to review the classes after each session. There’s a reason why “ Rate my professor “ exist. It’s not one size fits all

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Average Milestones per Undergraduate Class? klone 6 1,089 09-27-2023, 04:36 AM
Last Post: ishady
  How long to affirm Milestones? MikeyJeff 1 348 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Feedback requested: BUS 323 - Fundamentals of Supply Chain and Logistics Tswede 3 803 07-25-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: grogers14
  Milestones hasn't been affirmed. MikeHez 6 838 05-27-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Last day of classes question - milestones anthony3070 10 1,532 03-11-2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: harrit
  Testing without milestones affirmed anthony3070 4 769 03-02-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  Milestones upgrayedd 5 902 01-24-2023, 04:27 PM
Last Post: d48reu
  quizzes and milestones kimmyk 2 849 10-24-2022, 04:02 PM
  Question about Milestones "etiquette" elledee2020 5 1,481 04-10-2022, 10:08 PM
Last Post: CCCC
  Milestones jb0433 3 959 03-15-2022, 02:38 PM