Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USAJOBS and TESU Transcript Issue
I need to start applying for positions within the government. My aim is to go for a pathways recent grad program since I believe I will be finished with TESU by December.

The problem I currently have is "how do I get an unofficial transcript from TESU if all my credits are all over the place?"

I wanted to wait to hit the 104 threshold before enrolling into TESU. I am bordering that now, and plan to send my ACE transcript evaluations after knocking out 1 or 2 more courses hopefully, by the end of this week.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
yb1 Wrote:The problem I currently have is "how do I get an unofficial transcript from TESU if all my credits are all over the place?"

Are you currently not even a member? Have you applied and been accepted? This is different from, and comes before, actual enrollment.

If so, login to myedison and go to the academic profile under online student services, and you can get an unofficial transcript right there. Of course this is only going to show the credits that TESU knows about. It will include any on your ACE transcript, but only if you've sent them one.

Quote:I wanted to wait to hit the 104 threshold before enrolling into TESU.

No such threshold and no reason to wait other than money or uncertainty about actually attending TESU.

Quote:I am bordering that now, and plan to send my ACE transcript evaluations after knocking out 1 or 2 more courses hopefully, by the end of this week.

Yeah. Just apply now, pay the $70, and send the transcript. Go ahead and wait if you're going to finish those courses that soon, but if not, don't wait unless the cost of sending a transcript is really that prohibitive.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:Are you currently not even a member? Have you applied and been accepted? This is different from, and comes before, actual enrollment.

If so, login to myedison and go to the academic profile under online student services, and you can get an unofficial transcript right there. Of course this is only going to show the credits that TESU knows about. It will include any on your ACE transcript, but only if you've sent them one.

No such threshold and no reason to wait other than money or uncertainty about actually attending TESU.

Yeah. Just apply now, pay the $70, and send the transcript. Go ahead and wait if you're going to finish those courses that soon, but if not, don't wait unless the cost of sending a transcript is really that prohibitive.

I was under the impression that I can dodge the 300$ cornerstone if I have 104 credits.

I have applied and they have my CC credits but I told them to wait until I get my SL and ACE credits over to them.

I'd like to save myself time and money from avoiding the cornerstone if I can.
I would send them everything when you're ready. They'll take at least 25 days for them to get everything evaluated.
You can send them what you have now, it won't really matter.
Since you've already informed them you have a few more courses to transfer over...
...they'll most likely wait until you have everything sent in before doing the evaluation.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
yb1 Wrote:I was under the impression that I can dodge the 300$ cornerstone if I have 104 credits.

You should contact TESU directly and ask; someone here was going to do that but never did, or never returned with the result. I find it hard (but not impossible) to imagine that they would be so arbitrary about it.

Quote:I have applied and they have my CC credits but I told them to wait until I get my SL and ACE credits over to them.

In this case there is no reason to wait. The specific wording on the credit requirement for a cornerstone waiver said "104 or more credits at application" not "at enrollment", so if they are strict about it, it's already too late.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
yb1 Wrote:I need to start applying for positions within the government. My aim is to go for a pathways recent grad program since I believe I will be finished with TESU by December.

The problem I currently have is "how do I get an unofficial transcript from TESU if all my credits are all over the place?"

I wanted to wait to hit the 104 threshold before enrolling into TESU. I am bordering that now, and plan to send my ACE transcript evaluations after knocking out 1 or 2 more courses hopefully, by the end of this week.

You can only apply for a Pathways position if you are an actual recent grad. The federal government is going to want you to actually be enrolled and graduated, . So applying without these in anticipation of graduating won't work and they'll just not certify you and reject your application when they review it.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
For what it's worth, there have been a handful of times I've filled out online applications and had to identify an actual start date / end date for a degree. Down the the DATE. It's idiotic of course, but mine was exactly 1 year- and I always wondered if that raised eyebrows. Anyway, my opinion is to apply and enroll now. If you enroll and graduate in the same semester, that's REALLY going to require an explanation.
cookderosa Wrote:For what it's worth, there have been a handful of times I've filled out online applications and had to identify an actual start date / end date for a degree. Down the the DATE. It's idiotic of course, but mine was exactly 1 year- and I always wondered if that raised eyebrows. Anyway, my opinion is to apply and enroll now. If you enroll and graduate in the same semester, that's REALLY going to require an explanation.
Well, it's either that or specifying 1980-2016. hilarious
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Prloko Wrote:You can only apply for a Pathways position if you are an actual recent grad. The federal government is going to want you to actually be enrolled and graduated, . So applying without these in anticipation of graduating won't work and they'll just not certify you and reject your application when they review it.

I went to an OPM sponsored "recruiters training" back in August at the Mark Center, in Virginia. I was told that you can apply for Pathways recent graduate prior to actually graduating and that graduating is defined as completing all requirements set by the school, and not actually walking across the stage or getting the paper.

I also talked to my own agency's HR department and they said that they would be releasing the PATHWAYS by October and you would need to have finished all requirements by February.

That being said I probably need to be enrolled and actually look like I am close to graduation. Can I say that it is super exciting being so close to the finish line. I have no idea what I will do with all this extra free time. Probably go and try and apply for masters programs / pad my resume

I am going to call TESU to ask a few questions in about an hour and I will post clarifying info once told.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/450795800/ if you look at this USA job posting

Even though the job posting itself ends today it states

BASIC REQUIREMENT:

Degree: Successful completion (or completion no later than December 2016) of a bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution and at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (The 24 semester hour requirement can be obtained within the bachelor's degree OR in addition to the degree.)

TESU said that the evaluations do not need to come in all at once but once you hit the 104 mark that it will be waived.

Now maybe I should get that in writing.
Good luck with the Pathway! I'm currently in one right now. I know that there's different criteria for the pathway and it will state it on the job description. Some might want you to be graduated by the time the job closes out. It all depends!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AI Intro to TESU vs UMPI bjcheung77 5 363 10-14-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU (and, probably others) Transcript High_Order1 3 1,284 05-13-2018, 12:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  I sure hope TESU advising is having a good break, because they are going to freak... eriehiker 15 3,983 01-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  TESU Haiku High_Order1 2 1,422 01-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  TESU Mobile App Now Available for Students mvk 0 1,350 11-28-2017, 10:37 AM
Last Post: mvk
  Transcript Question Regards 4 1,958 11-24-2017, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  HomeSchool HighSchool Transcript Template bjcheung77 7 2,498 06-15-2017, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Why does TESU charge a residency waiver fee? yb1 15 4,750 12-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Last Post: alzee
  one of us in Summer 2016 TESU Invention mag cookderosa 24 3,973 07-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Can someone PLEASE help me with this computer specs issue?! soliloquy 10 2,151 01-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Last Post: homebrilliance