Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US History II (includes helpful timeline attachment)
In going through the flash cards, there are a multitude of "acts" listed in the questions. How many of them are actually on the test? Do I need to memorize each and every one of them?
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]MINNIE SCOTT
BSN, EXCELSIOR COLLEGE[/COLOR][/SIZE]
It is important to know about major acts during a presidency. Presidencies are key (atleast for me it was): I found it easier to retain information by ordering it by presidency and wars as opposed to years and dates (I ordered wars by presidency). Get a general idea of FDR's acts (nail the amendments). I have a time line that I'll email to you. Maybe it will help you out.

Also, this is sort of lacking in IC: the women's movement is important, as well as more detailed information on individual unions and their founders.

Overall, IC is a great resource. I used only it, and the timeline I created from it and Wikipedia.

Good luck.
scoppage Wrote:Overall, IC is a great resource. I used only it, and the timeline I created from it and Wikipedia.

If you're interested, you can post that timeline up on the forum. Just create a new thread, and click the "Manage Attachments" button at the bottom. Smile
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Thanks for the advise. I have the time line. You sent it to me a while back and I plan on putting it to good use. I was scheduled to take this test on Wednesday, but I am going to postpone for another week so that I can better prepare. I have never been afraid to take a test before, but I guess apprehension comes with age.
I postponed this one too. I was glad that I did. I was able to go into test having more confidence after I studied more.
LuBee
I finshed all of my credits for a BA in Art from TESC
CLEP Credits:
[SIZE="1"]6 Biology (67)
3 US Hist 1 (67)
6 SS & Hist (68)
3 US Hist 2 (66)
3 Amer Gov (67)
6 Amer Lit (73)
6 Hum (73)
3 Ed Psy (71)
3 H G & D (70)
3 Intro Psy (74)
3 Intro to Soc (75)
6 College Math (68)
6 A & I Lit (72)
[/SIZE]DSST:
[SIZE="1"]3 Intro Computing (65)
3 Here's to Your Health (64)[/SIZE]
Other Credits:
[SIZE="1"]3 PLA Painting 1
3 TECEP Psy of Women (78/100)
3 TECEP Art Hist 2 (81/100)
3 Dept Exam English 1
45 Traditional[/SIZE]
I took US 2 last week. I found several questions about the Acts related to labor relations - Taft-Hartley and the Wagner Act. I also recall some questions about the anti-trust Acts. The timeline is very helpful with the history exams - usefull for both US 1 &2. Knowing the succession of the Presidents is important. I've taken both the US 1 and US 2 tests and found 2covered more information, but was an easier test. I used only Instantcert as my guide and ended up scoring with a 73, which is far better then I expected. If you study this material, you should do fine. Good luck!
Thanks for the encouragement. I feel much better now.
Perhaps I didn't deserve my Computer Applications credits: I was unable to upload the file; it's an Excel document.

sgloer Wrote:If you're interested, you can post that timeline up on the forum. Just create a new thread, and click the "Manage Attachments" button at the bottom. Smile

Attached Files
.xls   Less than 1 minute ago">US History Time Line.xls (Size: 24 KB / Downloads: 60)
Never mind. There is is.
In my opinion, if you use Scoppage' timeline to study in conjunction with Instant cert, you will be able to pass this test. I listened to some teaching company lectures during my daily commute, watched the series "Biography of America" on learner.org and ran through the IC flashcards once. I took the test today and scored a 58. I did not take any notes and took my sweet time in studying. I crammed using the timeline Monday and Tuesday. After the test, I wish I would have just buckled down and studied using the timeline. Would have saved me a lot of time. If nothing else, this is an excellent tool. Props again to Ben! Thanks a bunch!

~Rich
Better be wise by the misfortunes of others than by your own.
~Aesop

Pursuing B.S. Nuclear Technologies, Excelsior College

Tests Remaining: 0 (0SH)

Tests Taken: 11 (36SH)

CLEP
U.S. Hist I(57), U.S. Hist II(58), Intro Soc(67), A&I Lit(78), American Gov.(61)
DSST
Intro to IS(73), MIS(65), Ethics In America(68), Intro World Rel.(71), General Anthropology(65), Astronomy(69)
Chopping Block
None and DONE!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2U, the OPM That Includes edX, Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Jonathan Whatley 11 897 07-31-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 503 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,129 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,263 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 620 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 644 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 567 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has anyone taken the ONU Your Way HIS 379 Latin American History and Politics course Insert Name 10 1,625 03-13-2022, 08:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 2,122 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Looking For UPPER LEVEL History Courses tls7291 7 1,412 05-04-2021, 11:41 PM
Last Post: tls7291