Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topping up OTHM Diploma into a BSc Degree? EU
Hi, I'm currently doing the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business (L5DAB-OT-V2.0) through distance learning, basically half-way through it. 

I am from Malta and here UK Diplomas and Degrees are well regarded. I was doing ACCA and I have done the Fundamentals (MA1,MA2, FA1, FA2) and I received 2 diplomas, RQF level 2 and 3. The problem is that where I want to apply for job post (with Maltese Government) they state qualification requirements along with the 'minimum ECTS/ECVET credits', not just the level of the qualification, and the ACCA Diplomas I received are both under the 60 ECTS Credits requirement for the job post.

the OTHM Diploma is 120 UK Credits (60 ECTS) and MQF Level 5, so I should be eligible for the job once I complete it. 

My question is, in order to top up an OTHM Level 5 Diploma into a BSc qualification (minimum of 180 ECTS), through distance learning from Malta, are there any recommended Online Universities / Distance Learning Top-Up UK Programmes that accept OTHM diplomas so that I can top-up into a Bachelors in 1 year instead of the usual 3 year duration? 
I believe Uk university will allow to accept for one year or 2 year. it depends the university policy. I also have other question about your othm program. I tried to send dm. It listed disable. Can you send me dm?

https://othm.org.uk/university-progression
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(09-08-2024, 01:54 PM)Branc93 Wrote: Hi, I'm currently doing the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Accounting and Business (L5DAB-OT-V2.0) through distance learning, basically half-way through it. 

I am from Malta and here UK Diplomas and Degrees are well regarded. I was doing ACCA and I have done the Fundamentals (MA1,MA2, FA1, FA2) and I received 2 diplomas, RQF level 2 and 3. The problem is that where I want to apply for job post (with Maltese Government) they state qualification requirements along with the 'minimum ECTS/ECVET credits', not just the level of the qualification, and the ACCA Diplomas I received are both under the 60 ECTS Credits requirement for the job post.

the OTHM Diploma is 120 UK Credits (60 ECTS) and MQF Level 5, so I should be eligible for the job once I complete it. 

My question is, in order to top up an OTHM Level 5 Diploma into a BSc qualification (minimum of 180 ECTS), through distance learning from Malta, are there any recommended Online Universities / Distance Learning Top-Up UK Programmes that accept OTHM diplomas so that I can top-up into a Bachelors in 1 year instead of the usual 3 year duration? 

Standard academic year has 60 ECTS therefore You need two years to earn additional 120 ECTS without acceleration
Welcome to the board, great intro post but you're missing the addendum and template.  We have some bits and pieces of information, but not enough to process and provide you a concrete answer.  You also placed this in the graduate section, I've moved this to the degree planning advice and you should update us with the info I mentioned: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Basically, I've mentioned this many times, review some posts, threads, and the WIKI for info.  I've written about the UK diploma options before, your best bet is to get a Level 4/5/6 to get you the credits enough to 'top-up' to a Bachelors as you don't have enough to cross over to the 'top-up' level.  Heck, I even tell people to go further by doing a Level 7 as well in case they want to 'top up' to a Masters!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 370 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 141 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 296 Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 259 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 267 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 212 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 557 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 308 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 314 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 150 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM