Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tippy the Turtle - Art Instruction Schools
Does anyone else remember those art ads for Tippy the Turtle or the Pirate- found in magazines and on match book covers ....

Well I was looking over the programs listed in ACE's national guide and I was surprised to learn that Art Instruction Schools was on the list. It seems people in their art program can earn up to 24 credits.

Am I the only one amazed by this bit of information ?

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)
peace123 Wrote:Does anyone else remember those art ads for Tippy the Turtle or the Pirate- found in magazines and on match book covers ....

Well I was looking over the programs listed in ACE's national guide and I was surprised to learn that Art Instruction Schools was on the list. It seems people in their art program can earn up to 24 credits.

Am I the only one amazed by this bit of information ?

Peace123
>>

LOL!! Oh yes, I remember those! Didn't someone once blow the lid on that school? How ever do you recall the name of the turtle!?!? :confused:
Well, the thing to remember, is that those are not regionally accredited credits- so can't be used at the big 3 or most public colleges/universities.
cookderosa Wrote:>>

LOL!! Oh yes, I remember those! Didn't someone once blow the lid on that school? How ever do you recall the name of the turtle!?!? :confused:
Well, the thing to remember, is that those are not regionally accredited credits- so can't be used at the big 3 or most public colleges/universities.

Ah now I am confused, I thought if they were reviewed by ACE they could be transferred to colleges that accepted ACE transcripts. Much like the Penn Foster course that are ACE reviewed.

Peace123
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Exams Passed: DSST : Civil War & Reconstruction : score 59 (A), DSST-Ethics in America (463 - pass), ECE-Ethics:Theory & Practice (A) , ECE: Literacy Instruction in the Elem. School (A), UExcel Poli Sci (B),ECE: PA&A (A) -->Exams taken after BSLS degree : [B][B]DSST : Intro to World Religions (466) DSST: Lisfespan Dev. Psych.(62) Foundations of Educ. (74) , Art of the Western World (69)[/B][/B]

[COLOR="Red"]completed[/COLOR] BS Liberal Studies w/Focus in Administrative/Management Studies & Depth in Psychology (cum. GPA 3.23/ Excelsior GPA 3.88) [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][/SIZE][SIZE="1"][/SIZE] BS degree conferred 2/19/10 : Grad courses completed : 2 Educ. Grad. courses via Vesi- Morningside College 1 course 3 credits (grade A-) and a 2nd course 2 credits (B+)
peace123 Wrote:Ah now I am confused, I thought if they were reviewed by ACE they could be transferred to colleges that accepted ACE transcripts. Much like the Penn Foster course that are ACE reviewed.

Peace123

>>

So sorry, I didn't read your first post well enough- I thought the school gave 24 credits. If they go through ACE, they should work as long as they fit into the degree plan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schools in America Now Becoming More Insane Than North Korea LevelUP 20 2,907 09-26-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Employment Opportunities in Online Schools BSBRose21 4 707 09-26-2023, 06:19 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Faced with a desperate skills shortage, tech leaders plead for CS reform in schools MNomadic 5 909 07-19-2022, 06:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Southern China new hotspot for British schools bjcheung77 3 1,185 04-09-2021, 09:42 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Globeducate acquires three schools in Europe bjcheung77 1 941 03-30-2021, 05:51 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  New Free Medical Schools sanantone 12 5,183 10-18-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  I decided to pull my child out of public schools - need help picking an online curric soliloquy 19 6,177 12-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Last Post: soliloquy
  $70K/Year no degree, I wish all schools had this sort of commitment... rebel100 4 1,709 06-16-2015, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Nigerian Teen gets accepted into all IVY League Schools soliloquy 32 4,061 04-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Idea for topic -- traditional schools that take CLE CLEP_enthusiast 7 1,711 09-11-2013, 09:11 AM
Last Post: cookderosa