Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas Edison Computer Science Degree
TESU's Artificial Intelligence course and Software Engineering course are both reported to be easy-ish (for being UL classes). AI is marginally more difficult (IIRC) than SE, though.

If you want an UL Software Engineering course not at TESU, you must pass SAYLOR's SE exam, not SDC. You can use SDC to help study for the Saylor exam, though, and get both LL and UL credit for the same amount of work. Some people like doing that. Some would rather focus on the UL credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-28-2023, 05:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU's Artificial Intelligence course and Software Engineering course are both reported to be easy-ish (for being UL classes). AI is marginally more difficult (IIRC) than SE, though.

If you want an UL Software Engineering course not at TESU, you must pass SAYLOR's SE exam, not SDC. You can use SDC to help study for the Saylor exam, though, and get both LL and UL credit for the same amount of work. Some people like doing that. Some would rather focus on the UL credit.

I think doing SE via SDC and then Saylor's exam will also help due to Saylor not always having the best courses.  So for $5, you can see if the SDC course is enough to help you pass the UL exam, and if it's not, THEN you can do the Saylor course; but why spend the time on it if you don't have to, since Saylor courses are known to be rather long and boring.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • origamishuttle
@sarahmac; @rachel; @dfrecore; @bjcheung77; 

Thank you again for your speedy replies. You guys are amazing.

I'm still somewhat confused by something I saw, that the majority of my UL credits must be in before I take the flat term. If I'm taking 6 UL courses in total, and in the flat term I'm taking the capstone and AI courses, isn't that the maximum number of UL credits I can take for that term? Is it then not a problem to switch the python LL course for another UL course and take 3 UL courses a term? Or even 4 if I fail anything? I'm happy to take both AI and SE at Thomas Edison, I just wasn't sure if that was allowed.

If this isn't an issue, my updated route would be the following: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DlbYUcG...sp=sharing

If this isn't what you guys meant, I'm sorry. Being a bit slow here.

Final questions
1. I see both calculus and linear algebra can be taken at Coopersmiths. I was recommended not to take at Coopersmiths by someone earlier in this forum. Was this due to price, or any other reason? I can probably get them free there so just wondering.
2. Is there a statistics course I can transfer in, as this may help me in the long run (with masters etc)

@bjcheung77; 

Thanks for your replies. And I'll definitely check out your subforum, thanks.
You don't HAVE to take any UL credits at TESU during the flat-rate term. It's just usually easier for Comp Sci students to complete Software Engineering.

I think you may be confusing UMPI policies (most UL credit most be completed with UMPI) and TESU (flat rate term, must meet minimum requirements that can initially seem baffling).

Statistics: Sophia for LL and a Coursera cert for UL stats credit.
Alternately, for RA Statistics, ASU: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/online-statistics-stp-226/ At TESU, this will almost certainly overlap with Sophia stats. So don't take both. You can still take the Coursera cert, though, if you want. No overlap there.

Coopersmith has historically used ProctorU for proctoring. That service is... problematic. But you should be able to use a different proctor now. I forget which one, but it should be better for most students.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • avi_learning
For the time being, I would skip Coopersmith and work on the main providers for now, that's Sophia.org for your Calculus I, Statistics, Intro to Programming (Java), Intro to Python (get this pre-approved as per WIKI) Link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

You want to work on a provider at a time, so, complete all the Sophia.org, freebie TECEPs, Study.com, finally finish with the TESU courses.  As again, you'll want to make sure to transfer in over 100+ credits and the bulk of your courses before starting that 15 credit term, that's all it requires for the capstone/cornerstone, etc.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • avi_learning
Great, thanks all.

I think I've run out of questions to bother you with (at least for now...) and am ready to actually get cracking on my degree. If you guys could look over this final plan and tell me if I messed up, I would appreciate that. Thanks again for all your help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DlbYUcG...sp=sharing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 253 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 746 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU computer science and information systems are the same degree Chann 9 886 09-19-2024, 10:29 AM
  BA Computer Science Questions puga 18 1,411 08-16-2024, 11:23 PM
  TESU AAS Degree, Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies newdegree 2 347 08-13-2024, 06:53 PM
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science / AAS Applied Computer Studies newdegree 15 1,049 07-26-2024, 11:31 AM
  Comp sci Degree [UK] asthewindblows 10 747 07-21-2024, 05:39 PM
  Upper level Computer Science Credits TESU BA CS newdegree 6 701 07-18-2024, 06:24 PM
  How to register / sign up for a specific degree at TESU? CreativeLearner 8 485 07-17-2024, 03:04 PM
  Urgent Help Needed: Am I Missing Out on a Double Degree or Associate Degree at TESU? User7364 15 1,413 07-04-2024, 02:58 PM