Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Therapist here... questions about further education
That's an excellent point, I'm not sure why I didn't catch that. Here's the email they sent me:

Course Selection Advice

For your first semester, I recommend a maximum of 2 or 3 courses (6-9 credit hours) for the Fall semester. You can view all the DHA courses offered in the registration portal online through http://my.okstate.edu.
The faculty committee approved 18 transfer hours from your previous graduate coursework. For DHA completion, you are required to complete:
DHA Core Courses: 33 hours (11 classes)
Electives: 12 hours
HCA 5033: Legal Issues in Healthcare Administration
HCA 5093: Leadership Methods and Styles in Healthcare Administration
HCA 5083: The Financial Structure of Health Care Organizations
HCA 5013: Survey of Health Care Administration
Courses may be taken in any order, but I recommend pairing regular core courses or electives with graduate seminar courses, as the graduate seminars will require more writing.
You might want to make sure they'll take your transfers in and then decide on what classes to take from the remaining 'core' and electives. Did you get an evaluation already with your remaining requirements? If so, post what you need left and see if any more can be transferred in if you've not maxed that yet.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-24-2024, 02:26 AM)IHateEducation Wrote: That's an excellent point, I'm not sure why I didn't catch that. Here's the email they sent me:

Course Selection Advice

For your first semester, I recommend a maximum of 2 or 3 courses (6-9 credit hours) for the Fall semester. You can view all the DHA courses offered in the registration portal online through http://my.okstate.edu.
The faculty committee approved 18 transfer hours from your previous graduate coursework. For DHA completion, you are required to complete:
DHA Core Courses: 33 hours (11 classes)
Electives: 12 hours
HCA 5033: Legal Issues in Healthcare Administration
HCA 5093: Leadership Methods and Styles in Healthcare Administration
HCA 5083: The Financial Structure of Health Care Organizations
HCA 5013: Survey of Health Care Administration
Courses may be taken in any order, but I recommend pairing regular core courses or electives with graduate seminar courses, as the graduate seminars will require more writing.

So, you have 45 credits left, and you have no choice in courses. The entire core is required, and they selected the elective courses based on deficits from your previous degrees. Your transfer credits are filling in the rest of the electives. 

In my opinion, they should have just made this a 63-credit program instead of a 62-credit program. They only have one two-credit elective that most students probably won't take because of their transfer credits.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(08-24-2024, 12:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You might want to make sure they'll take your transfers in and then decide on what classes to take from the remaining 'core' and electives.  Did you get an evaluation already with your remaining requirements? If so, post what you need left and see if any more can be transferred in if you've not maxed that yet.

They said 18 units is the most they would take. I told them about the multiple CEUs and courses I've taken since graduating and they didn't want to count anything else.
(08-24-2024, 09:41 PM)IHateEducation Wrote:
(08-24-2024, 12:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You might want to make sure they'll take your transfers in and then decide on what classes to take from the remaining 'core' and electives.  Did you get an evaluation already with your remaining requirements? If so, post what you need left and see if any more can be transferred in if you've not maxed that yet.

They said 18 units is the most they would take. I told them about the multiple CEUs and courses I've taken since graduating and they didn't want to count anything else.

CEUs are usually not college credits. OSU, and most graduate schools, are only going to give credit for college credits. I think Bjcheung might mean that you can take additional classes that might be cheaper and transfer those in. For example, your tuition assistance could pay for a 6-month term at WGU, which has an MHA program. 

I don't have an MHA or similar degree, but I was curious to see if OSU would grant me any transfer credits for my medical science degree. They gave me 27 transfer credits.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
IHateEducation, have you looked at the CBE DMin or EdD from South College?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "PHARMACY EDUCATION WITH A FREE FIRST STEP" Stonybeach 0 242 08-18-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Choosing the Right PhD Program Education / Hospitality (online) Frost87b3 5 564 04-24-2024, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Frost87b3
  Nebrija University (Spain) - Doctorate Education & Cognitive Processes bjcheung77 1 1,047 10-18-2022, 04:04 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Bradley University Doctorate in Education - Higher Education Administration newdegree 2 1,318 03-01-2022, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  South Eastern Doctor of Education - 2 concentrations, 54 Credits, $27K bjcheung77 0 1,031 01-27-2022, 08:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77