Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Institutes/CPCU exams at TESC
Hi all. I recently took the free CPCU Ethics exam and passed it. While I was on their website I saw another course that interested me (definitely not free) that's ACE accredited at 3 UL BA/IT credits. Does anyone know, and I'm clutching at straws here, whether insurance exams, in particular General Insurance for IT, will be counted as Finance options under the TESC BSBA General Management degree plan. I'm really trying to avoid any of the Finance courses on the website exam plan and hoping this could be an answer.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University
Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
In Progress
MBA, Digital Transformation: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena 
Planned
PGDip, Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena
According to TESC's BSBA in Finance, these are the suggested areas (not all inclusive):

[TABLE="class: stripeMe table1"]
[TR]
[TD]III. Area of Study: Finance[/TD]
[TD] 18[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: sub_point"]
[TD]
  • Financial Institutions and Markets OR Money and Banking
  • International Finance
  • Advanced Financial Management/Corporation Finance
  • Advanced Security Analysis and Portfolio Management OR Investments II
  • Business Forecasting
  • Commercial Banking
  • Capital Budgeting Management
  • Capital Structure Management
  • Derivatives
  • Mathematical Analysis of Financial Decisions
  • Risk Management
  • Working Capital Management

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I don't see "Insurance", but I see "Risk Management", which is what insurance is when stripped down to it's basic premise. So contact your advisor armed with the course and the ACE recommendation and ask if they will apply it to your concentration area. Don't forget to let us know the result Smile

http://www.theinstitutes.org/doc/ace.pdf
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Also, here is an intersting degree plan I had found on the net, a bit dated, but it shows the treatment of credit by TESC from American College. Of interest is the placement of the course titles including insurance (which seem to be placed under bus electives).

http://www.tesc.edu/documents/American_C...bution.pdf

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Thanks, I didn't think of looking at the BSBA Finance to get further info. I'm gonna go for it and take the exam. Then I'll apply to TESC and COSC to compare what they'll offer me. Will definitely report back when I've got that far.
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert Computing: London Metropolitan University
Non-Credit Professional Certificates
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: The Open University (UK)***Leading in a Remote Environment: Harvard University***Leadership and Communication: Harvard University***Digital Transformation as a Business and Innovation Strategy: Tec de Monterrey***Prince2 Certified***Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
In Progress
MBA, Digital Transformation: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena 
Planned
PGDip, Public Administration: Marconi University (IT) via UniAthena
Leedeedee Wrote:Thanks, I didn't think of looking at the BSBA Finance to get further info. I'm gonna go for it and take the exam. Then I'll apply to TESC and COSC to compare what they'll offer me. Will definitely report back when I've got that far.

I assumed you were already under TESC. Just so you know the institutes has a partnership with COSC. See the link.

The Institutes (AICPCU/IIA) Partnership Program - Charter Oak State College

PrLoko-isms

Could this mean that they have got some kind of partnerships with the schools listed in the link - College & University Programs

I see Excelsior College, COSC, Colorado State University - Global Campus, etc on the list
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
That would be the assumption.

PrLoko-isms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,136 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,066 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 2,016 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,727 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 6,475 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU/ACE/Microsoft Exams AwardTour 10 3,355 07-13-2018, 11:48 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,856 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 9,834 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
  UExcel exams Llgdavis 4 2,108 03-14-2018, 05:02 PM
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,621 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd