Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing Centers
How do i find out where the closest place for me to take the test is?
If you go to CLEP's or DSST's web sites, you'll locate testing centers. The sites are CLEP Test Center Search
DSST - GetCollegeCredit.com

Other important things to consider are the fees that these institutions charge in addition to the testing fee, and the hours that tests are offered. If you have the time, swing by the testing facility before taking a test. I've taken tests in labs, and tests at the second computer on a college employee's desk.

Good luck.
i need to pay the institution that i take the test in? is there a way to take them online? and do i need to "order" a test in advance?
THANKS SO MUCH!
It's called a "sitting fee" Most testing centers do charge for it, since you are using their computers, and using their staff to make sure you are testing properly. My local University of Phoenix has a single room for testing, and appointments are hard to come by. The admin doesn't actually stay in this room though, they have a camera to watch to make sure all procedures are proper.

However, i did learn that locally DeVry does free proctoring for CLEP and DSST, so it may be a nation-wide thing.

CLEP and DSST are online or through special testing software, however you need to go through the special proctoring site, passwords and all. It is all built in, so whichever test you want to take will be loaded at that time. Some centers request which test you will take ahead of time, some don't.

TECEPs you need to order in advance, I don't have experience with ECE's yet, but you make an appointement at a Prometric center after paying, and they have everything already there I believe.

Just remember this. College tuition is up by a lot, and each course can cost thousands of dollars. A test for $77 and a sitting fee for $25 - $35 is quite a discount when you're getting the same benefits.
---Graduatedt Excelsior - BS - General Business - Conferred August 2012---

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
thanks so much!
i dont really mind paying- like you said its much cheaper than college! but i do want to be able to take the tests whenever im ready and im still not sure exactly how to go about doing that.
also, can i only take one test at a time or can i take a few at once?
You can take a few at a time. Most make you pay one sitting fee for all the exams but I heard of some that charge sitting fees for each exam.
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
I would use the link on the first reply to find your nearest testing centers, then either call or drop by in advance.

I called my nearest testing center last week and they just need a couple of days notice before I come in to test.
thank you so much!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daemen & Total Testing Alpha 6 1,122 02-16-2022, 11:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith Testing Question tls7291 5 1,343 07-10-2021, 01:38 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,429 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Online Testing Options during COVID19 closures vetvso 5 1,446 04-19-2020, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Denied Acceptance for Master's Programs with Testing Out degree? JWells247 6 2,380 12-27-2019, 11:47 PM
Last Post: JWells247
  Finding testing locations for clep res0uuga 6 1,709 02-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  GRE Testing (old-school-style) cookderosa 4 1,676 12-17-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Centers for CLEP Exams in Los Angeles area? rab889 1 1,153 03-11-2018, 02:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU :: Psychology Testing Resource Guidance HAYDENTREE77 13 3,825 01-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: HAYDENTREE77
  3-Month Testing Window? Jos18 2 1,487 08-16-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jos18