Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students
(07-30-2024, 01:08 PM)3ichael7ambert Wrote:
(07-23-2024, 03:49 PM)slammX Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 10:55 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: At the earliest, you should be looking at late summer or early fall 2024, just finish everything and wait for the option to get a transcript...

So I've finished all 5 projects in the Advanced Program, what now? It says I can either apply the academic credit toward Thunderbird’s online Master of Leadership and Management program, or purchase a transcript and and retain the academic credits for transfer and further study. I'd like to do the latter, but nowhere does it say how to do this? 

Has anyone figured it out yet? I've dropped them an email so hopefully they'll respond soon.

Same but can’t figure it out either, I was debating on just applying to Thunderbird but that directs me to ASU to apply. I’m debating on applying and just going from there. I’m guessing we could do the logical thing and just call the school to figure it out lol

Lol, I suppose we could. I did send them an email 7 days ago. No response yet. 100mlsupport@thunderbird.asu.edu
It says elsewhere on the 100 million learner's site (I don't remember where) that they have not yet established the process for obtaining credit. My understanding that they were originally planning to launch the credit process this summer, but that it has moved to fall 2024 at the earliest.
In any case, you will not be able to get anything transcripted until your final projects have been graded. So I would not send any emails until you see that your final projects have been evaluated/graded, or if winter comes and you haven't heard anything and the website still says that they are planning to initiate the transcription process in fall 2024.
Remember, these classes are taught in something like 40 languages, so that means they potentially need to find graders for every single one of those languages if they haven't yet. Plus, going into this project, they didn't know how many people would be submitting final assignments. So I imagine that they are gauging that now in order to figure out the final details of the grading process and how long it will take before credit can be awarded and transcripts issued.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • 3ichael7ambert
Except we can't get them graded until we initiate the grading process, somewhat of a limbo.
(07-30-2024, 09:29 PM)3ichael7ambert Wrote: Except we can't get them graded until we initiate the grading process, somewhat of a limbo.

Huh. I thought submitting the assignment (final exam or project) was the same as submitting it for a grade.
  • Vle045
(07-30-2024, 10:14 PM)wow Wrote:
(07-30-2024, 09:29 PM)3ichael7ambert Wrote: Except we can't get them graded until we initiate the grading process, somewhat of a limbo.

Huh. I thought submitting the assignment (final exam or project) was the same as submitting it for a grade.
They won't grade your assignment until and unless you apply for credit, hence my email to them. 

I copied this from the Marketing course:

"Please note: Your file will not be graded or reviewed by Thunderbird experts until after Step 3 if you decide to pursue academic credit.

Step 3: Once you've completed all completed all five advanced courses, you'll need to apply to the university and submit your final projects for each of your five courses. Your work will then be evaluated by a Thunderbird content expert to validate your achievement, with opportunities to revise and resubmit if needed."
(07-31-2024, 02:28 AM)slammX Wrote:
(07-30-2024, 10:14 PM)wow Wrote:

They won't grade your assignment until and unless you apply for credit, hence my email to them. 

I copied this from the Marketing course:

"Please note: Your file will not be graded or reviewed by Thunderbird experts until after Step 3 if you decide to pursue academic credit.

Step 3: Once you've completed all completed all five advanced courses, you'll need to apply to the university and submit your final projects for each of your five courses. Your work will then be evaluated by a Thunderbird content expert to validate your achievement, with opportunities to revise and resubmit if needed."
I believe you, I just didn't realize that was the process. That said, from the point of view of us on the degree forum who are trying to accumulate credits for cheap and hack our degrees, it can seem like they are lagging. From other perspectives, this is a huge undertaking on the part of Thunderbird and they are offering it for free, so students shouldn't expect anything to be implemented at a pace that meets their needs, or necessarily even on the schedule that Thunderbird originally planned. I would expect that when they are ready to grade things, they will send out an email or at least announce it prominently on the website with complete instructions for pursuing credit. (And given that people have to request grading as you said, I imagine they want to figure out the price beforehand so that people don't apply for grading unless they are serious about paying for the credits or applying to Thunderbird School of Management. I also imagine there are going to be different pay scales for different countries, but who knows.) In any case, they aren't ready to grade things now. And given that my email for them about questions that they should already have answers to (about missing downloads in the course materials) have also gone unanswered for long periods of time, I would think that the ones that they don't have answers to would go unanswered for even longer.
If you are needing these credits to complete your degree or save on a master's, unfortunately, it looks like you will need to seek the credits elsewhere if it's an urgent thing, or just wait at least several months or longer if it's not urgent.
  • SophiaPrincess
I started a GroupMe for the graduate certificate courses. I thought it might be helpful to be a able to discuss courses… especially if anyone gets stuck or something. https://groupme.com/join_group/100981241/ZMaQNubW
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 3 users Like Vle045's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, lisarox, SophiaPrincess

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 58 11,396 Today, 09:12 AM
Last Post: wow
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,606 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 319 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  DEAC or DEAC Global - Which one is the legitimate one? slammX 4 282 08-28-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: slammX
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 291 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,313 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 616 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 746 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  A new program in Colorado recognizes students who didn’t complete their bachelor’s de davewill 4 688 07-06-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global Owes $128 Million to Kaplan sanantone 6 542 06-27-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts