Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help on BSBA Computer Information Systems Plan
Hello,

I have just begun my journey of getting my degree from TESU. I have chosen MIS and I have a plan on what classes I will take. However, it would be great if I can get some feedback on my plan to see if I cover all the requirements correctly, and to see if there are any easier classes/tests I can take. I refered to Sanantone's General Education Options and his plan on the Computer Information Systems degree. I put the class requirements on the left and what class I plan on taking next to it, and the credits that they are worth. I am missing 12 credits in my plan, 6 of the are out of the elective portion of General Education, and I don't know where the other 6 went. I have completed AP Statistics, AP Calculus AB(3), AP Physics(3), CLEP College Math(6), CLEP Information Systems(3), ALEKS Precalc(3), and ALEKS College Algebra(3) for a total of 24/120 credits. I appreciate your time, and thank you!

I. General Education Requirements(60)

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills(15)

Written Communication (6) SL English composition 1 and 2 6

Oral Communication(3) DSST public speaking 3

Quantitative Literacy(3) AP stats 3

Information Literacy(3) SL Intro to religions 3

B. Civic and Global Learning 9

Diversity(3) CLEP intro to sociology 3

Ethics(3) DSST ethics in america 3

Civic Engagement(3) CLEP american govn't 3

C. Knowledge of Human Cultures(3) CLEP interpreting lit 6 DSST art of the west world 3

D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World(4-7) CLEP college math 6

E. Mathematics(3) ALEKS college algebra 3

F. General Education Electives(17-20) AP physics 3, ALEKS precalc 3, AP calc 3

II. Professional Business Requirements(36)

Financial Accounting(3) SL accounting 1 3

Managerial Accounting(3) SL accounting 2 3

Business Law(3) CLEP/SL 3

Principles of Management(3) CLEP principles of management 3

Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS(3) CLEP information systems 3

Introduction to Marketing(3) CLEP principles of marketing 3

Principles of Finance(3) DSST principles of finance 3

Business in Society or International Management(3) TECEP course(TBD) 3

Macroeconomics(3) CLEP microeconomics 3

Microeconomics(3) CLEP macroeconomics 3

Business/Managerial Communications(3) SL Business Communications 3

Strategic Management(3) TECEP course 3

III. Area of Study: Computer Information Systems(18)

Required Subjects Programming Language Systems Analysis and Design(6) SL intro to c++ 3 CSU GLOBAL systems analysis and design 3

Electives(12) DSST management information systems 3, DSST fundementals to cyber security 3, TECEP network technology 3, TEEX everyone, IT, Business 6

IV. Electives 6

Total 120 108
For AOS Electives, I don't think you can use both DSST Cyber Security and TEEX and some of the TEEX go into general electives.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

They won't allow any of the TEEX courses into the aos. I've asked.
I have a spreadsheet for the BSBA in CIS. You're welcome to use it.

SL's programming course expired last year and hasn't been added back, so take that off your list.

CSU-Global has Basic Programming (Java) that may work, as well as some additional courses that should work for the AOS.

I would get anything in the AOS that we aren't certain of here on this forum pre-approved before taking them (we know the CSU-G Info Sys Analysis & Design will work, as well as the MIS and Cybersecurity DSST's, and the Networking TECEP).

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESU 2016 BSBA CIS.xlsx (Size: 50.22 KB / Downloads: 13)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oral Communication(3) DSST public speaking 3: Use Straighterline Intro to Communication COM-108 instead

Ethics(3) DSST ethics in america 3: Use the free The Institutes' Insurance Ethics course (2 credits, 1 waived) or SL Business Ethics

Information Literacy(3) SL Intro to religions 3: Use the CLEP Analyzing Lit for 6 hours

Knowledge of Human Cultures(3) CLEP interpreting lit 6 DSST art of the west world 3: Use Shmoop Modern European History 3, American History 1 and 2 6, and Shakespeare's Plays or another lit 3

Understanding the Physical and Natural World(4-7) CLEP college math 6 does not fulfill this requirement, it must be a science. Use AP physics 3 and TEEX Business Cybersecurity CIS-344 for 2 free credits

Fill in any remaining elective credits with Shmoop math or literature credits.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
dfrecore Wrote:SL's programming course expired last year and hasn't been added back, so take that off your list.

Just an update, SL's C++ course was renewed until 2019 recently so you can still use that.
Nixi Wrote:Just an update, SL's C++ course was renewed until 2019 recently so you can still use that.

Thanks! I just passed my c++ class today. Do you think you can post the link of where you found this information, because I cannot find it.
mofutofu Wrote:Thanks! I just passed my c++ class today. Do you think you can post the link of where you found this information, because I cannot find it.

It's on the ACE website. You go to the list of SL courses, and it's listed on there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 405 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,146 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 642 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 563 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 2,003 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,573 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 971 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 2,110 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,687 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 5,096 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM