Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU questions (and medical physics)
Did 10 years (ET), got out and I’ve been working in the medical field for a few years now (specifically in fixing imaging machines like X-rays, PET scanners etc). Since I work with a lot of physicists and found out they make a lot of money, I decided to give this a shot.

Here’s how it works: it’s a master’s degree with a 2 year residency and then you complete certification etc. Considering the master’s is what is important, I figured what’s best to just knock the NEET because it’s the fastest available option. However, you don’t meet all requirements for most programs (extra math and physics courses).

Three questions:

Does the TESU NEET degree have calculus based physics? I know you have to take 2 physics classes but if they’re not Calc based, they don’t really count (no big deal, I’ll just take calculus based physics at the local community college instead).

Has anyone ever started at TESU just to transfer to a real college towards the end? If you did, did the new college accept all the TESU credits?

Has anyone jumped into med physics using the TESU degree?
You can take electives...which could be physics as you desire...
I can’t imagine that the Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology program is actually the fastest available option, unless you’ve left out details about previous coursework you’ve already completed in the subject. You aren’t necessarily strengthening your resume by taking a major that doesn’t relate to your intended career path. The interdisciplinary Technical Studies major could work if you wanted to marry NEET coursework with a shift toward medical physics.

Physics at TESU does appear to be algebra-based, you can find the syllabus on their website. TESU is a “real college.” The problem with most brick and mortar schools is that you usually need 30 credits from them and their majors can sometimes have very specific course requirements that aren’t easily matched by coursework from elsewhere. If you have a target school, you might be better off looking at their requirements and working backwards.
@lisasomerville, Welcome to the board, great intro post, but it's missing the addendum and template. By filling in the required details, we will have a better and bigger overview of your current classes and picture of your scenario. In order for anyone to help you more, I highly suggest you fill those in, even if it's a quick compact and concise, short & simple set of answers... Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Having said that, my recommendation is to get the BALS with all the science requirements completed (yes, all the required prerequisites to your Masters degree). Make sure to check a few Masters programs and see what they need, complete them all on route to the BALS. Another option is the UMPI BLS, if you're going to transfer in all those credits anyway, this would hit the spot as well...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC and TESU American Gov't bigrivergroup 31 4,642 Yesterday, 02:45 PM
Last Post: drp16
  Does TESU take Saylor Software Engineering as UL or LL? Jwheels27 6 295 09-01-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: azmusic
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 7 937 08-30-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 0 223 08-28-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: charfife
  Do WGU Credits Count as RA at TESU? latearrival 3 281 08-26-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Public Speaking for TESU Oral Communication Gen Ed wow 2 220 08-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: wow
  Find out how RA credit transfers to TESU natshar 40 44,063 08-20-2024, 11:35 AM
  Classes at TESU tcompy 1 218 08-19-2024, 03:06 PM
Lightbulb TESU BA in International Studies? Experiences? SCYankee 19 803 08-18-2024, 01:55 AM
  BA Computer Science Questions puga 18 1,039 08-16-2024, 11:23 PM