Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU grants, scholarships award
Hello. I am new here and would like to ask for some advice regarding the following issue. I got admitted to TESU and received a go-Tesu award. At the same time I received the Pell grant $11,000 which is streched to 3 semesters. Which one is better to choose? What are the prons and cons of going with one of the choices or both of them?
The amount of the GO-TESU award that you'll be eligible for is determined by your student aid index and the number of credits you register for. You can find more info about it here: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/go-tesu
@Umm Abdullah, Great initial post to get the ball rolling and starting the process of your educational journey. Please provide as short and simple yet complete and concise answers to the addendum and template, this is to provide us an overall picture of your scenario. The more we know about your situation and what you're looking for as an end goal, the more we can help you with determining your degree plan. My suggestion so far is to use both of them to max your credits... Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Okay, thank you for the help offered. I applied for a bachelor of arts in math and what I am aiming for is to complete the whole degree in two semesters through some previous foreigncredits I have, ACE credits and TESU credits. It shows that Pell grant covers the 3 following semesters and I also qualify for go-Tesu for this semester(but I don't know exactly how much). I also got two free TECEP exams.TESU recognized 32 of my foreign credits. I would like to know what would be best for me, to get in this semester  12 credits or less than that. I think I can manage the load but just don't know exactly how these awards would be affected by this. I would also like to know if there is any possibility of getting a double degree or major. The following courses were accepted by TESU and recognized as:ECO-1000Basic Economics; 2-Phy-1110,  3-MAT-1999 Special topics in math 4-College Algebra 5-Technical mathematics- 6-MAT-2999 Special topics in math 7-ELT-1030 Intro to Electricity  8-OFC-1999 Special topics Oth Foreign Lng. If there is any thing I am not aware of, please let me know.

t it
Great update, but as again, that's not enough info, you're providing bits and pieces of the puzzle and not giving the entire thing. Thus, anyone reading this would not be able to assist you further until you tell us the entire contents of what was transferred and what's remaining, etc. Furthermore, you need to fill in the entire addendum plus template as I mentioned earlier, I would like the entire picture, not a part of it to properly provide you a 'better' and more concrete answer. If you want a simple sentence answer, then... You're out of luck...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-26-2024, 01:00 PM)Umm Abdullah Wrote: Hello. I am new here and would like to ask for some advice regarding the following issue. I got admitted to TESU and received a go-Tesu award. At the same time I received the Pell grant $11,000 which is streched to 3 semesters. Which one is better to choose? What are the prons and cons of going with one of the choices or both of them?

The max Pell Grant per year is $7395. 

They are both free, so you choose which pays the most.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SDC and TESU American Gov't bigrivergroup 31 4,642 Yesterday, 02:45 PM
Last Post: drp16
  Does TESU take Saylor Software Engineering as UL or LL? Jwheels27 6 295 09-01-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: azmusic
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 7 937 08-30-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Kab
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 0 223 08-28-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: charfife
  Do WGU Credits Count as RA at TESU? latearrival 3 281 08-26-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Public Speaking for TESU Oral Communication Gen Ed wow 2 220 08-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: wow
  Find out how RA credit transfers to TESU natshar 40 44,063 08-20-2024, 11:35 AM
  Classes at TESU tcompy 1 218 08-19-2024, 03:06 PM
Lightbulb TESU BA in International Studies? Experiences? SCYankee 19 803 08-18-2024, 01:55 AM
  TESU AAS Degree, Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies newdegree 2 276 08-13-2024, 06:53 PM