Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU degree requirements help based on current catalog
Hello -

I am new to this forum.
Can someone help me with finding courses (based on recent/current catalog) I need to complete my degree(s)?
My main focus is TESU BACS degree. 

I have attached 
.xlsx   Credit Evaluation.xlsx (Size: 15.67 KB / Downloads: 42)  which includes courses I need for degree(s) completion per current evaluations.
Worksheets also include courses that were not considered for a degree.

Any insight or advice where to complete the remaining courses in a cost and time effective way will be greatly helpful.
Evaluations are for:
1. BACS
2. BS.CIS
3. BA.MATH

I have an appointment with an advisor tomorrow.

I am trying to avoid TESU Network Technology UL course and seeking an alternative.  [Image: smile.png]
I have not taken Network Technology UL yet but I heard there are better alternatives available to meet 15 UL CS requirement.

Note: All my current courses/credits are US RA.

Thank you!
Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and also https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-29-2023, 03:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and also https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

This is awesome information. I will certainly use alternative options such as SDC and Sophia to complete majority of my remaining work. 
I currently hold over 82 TESU accepted US RA credits. I am not sure why they didn’t accept my Operating Systems course towards BACS degree requirement.

Thank you  Smile
(06-29-2023, 03:24 PM)evenFair23 Wrote: I am trying to avoid TESU Network Technology UL course and seeking an alternative.  [Image: smile.png]
I have not taken Network Technology UL yet but I heard there are better alternatives available to meet 15 UL CS requirement.

Thank you!

Why would you want to avoid CMP-3540 network technology? I will be taking this TECEP on August just for fun. Looking at the syllabus the recommended textbook is not a bad read and the sample questions provided seem to be fair not tricky at all.
Unfortunately, this TECEP has a reputation for being extremely difficult to pass. It doesn't necessarily follow the textbook that well. It's bad enough that there is a wiki page with study materials to assist students who want to take the exam: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ne...MP-354-TE)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-29-2023, 04:08 PM)fmsoa Wrote:
(06-29-2023, 03:24 PM)evenFair23 Wrote: I am trying to avoid TESU Network Technology UL course and seeking an alternative.  [Image: smile.png]

Thank you!

Why would you want to avoid CMP-3540 network technology? I will be taking this TECEP on August just for fun. Looking at the syllabus the recommended textbook is not a bad read and the sample questions provided seem to be fair not tricky at all.
Are you referring to TestOut Network Pro as source textbook or do they have another textbook listed somewhere else?

I am looking here: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1...obilebasic

My reason for finding an alternative is lack of known source textbook for this course. Some threads have mentioned irrelevant study material in alternative preparation materials including SDC.

(06-29-2023, 04:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Unfortunately, this TECEP has a reputation for being extremely difficult to pass. It doesn't necessarily follow the textbook that well. It's bad enough that there is a wiki page with study materials to assist students who want to take the exam: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ne...MP-354-TE)
Thank you, Yes, this was exactly what created a bad taste for me about this TECEP course.

Why take a chance when other options are available. And that is what I am trying to find out to meet 15 UL requirement.
"Are you referring to TestOut Network Pro as source textbook or do they have another textbook listed somewhere else?"

No. Networking Basics 2nd Ed by Ciccarelli. This is the TECEP textbook for this course like forever
OP, keep in mind that TESU's website is now terrible at telling you what to take - they used to show categories of courses you needed, and listed lots of options, and now they just list a single course that they offer for each "requirement." (for the GE, they don't even tell you that your 15cr in the Knowledge of Human Cultures area must include 1 History course, 1 SocSci course, and 1 Humanities course, and then 2 more from any of those 3 areas). Or they just say "see an academic advisor" which is not in the least bit helpful. If you look on the wayback machine, you'll see a whole list of courses they'll accept for the AoS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
@OP, Just for your own reference, this is a 'double post' to what you've entered in here, you may want to review any relevant advice or added info: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ECEP-twice
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
My 100 level Intro to Operating Systems course was not taken as AOS by TESU, because according to advisor I spoke with I have reached my CS AOS 100 level course limit. Is there a such thing as course limit I have stated above? I think I am going to have to take a 300 level Operating Systems course at SDC to meet that AOS requirement. 
Any experience similar to mine? What would you do if were in my shoes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post, TESU BACS questions tcompy 13 511 05-14-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: tcompy
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 22 1,416 05-12-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  New Ed.D at TESU sanantone 1 153 05-09-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 22 3,099 05-06-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 5 377 04-29-2024, 10:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 5,593 04-26-2024, 09:25 AM
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 399 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Where should I get my accounting degree? mt_1994 10 423 04-25-2024, 10:10 AM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 789 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 752 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM