Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Principles of Supervision - for General Electives??
I am not sure if I ever inquired about this on the forum but what are the chances of using Principles of Supervision in general elective category? right now it lies in my other credits area of evaluation.
TESU - BSBA General Management (Completed !!)

WGU MBA - Journey Started for 2016 -2017 .
C200 Managing Organizations and Leading People (Complete 11/7/16)
C202 Managing Human Capital
C211 Global Economics for Managers
Al2010x Wrote:I am not sure if I ever inquired about this on the forum but what are the chances of using Principles of Supervision in general elective category? right now it lies in my other credits area of evaluation.

Have you emailed or contacted advising to see what can be done?
You may have to move it into the free electives and move your courses around.

Even though some business courses are in this list, they are general education.
Thomas Edison State University | General Education - 2016 or After

I don't think your Supervison course will go into Gen Ed.
If you're going for the BSBA, there's a note 2 indicating it can't be in AOS.
BSBA in General Management Degree Program
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Principles of Supervision can be used as a free elective or business elective. If you're in the current catalog, there is no room for business electives. Principles of Supervision cannot be used as a general education elective.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Al2010x Wrote:I am not sure if I ever inquired about this on the forum but what are the chances of using Principles of Supervision in general elective category? right now it lies in my other credits area of evaluation.

What's sitting in your business electives section? Unfortunately, prin of supervision can only be used in business electives or free electives.
My first thought in looking at your signature is you could use (COM-210) Public Relations Thought & Practice in General Education and then (MAN-201) Principles of Supervision would move to Business Electives.

If you need COM-210 elsewhere, an alternate would be to ask them to pre-approve the TECEP (CIS-107) Computer Concepts & Applications. The exam is considered natural science so would work in general education. There was some talk at one time that it could be considered a duplicate for COS-101, but it never hurts to ask. During my time at TESC we were able to use both.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thank you guys. TECEP Public Relations is already in general electives and so is Uexcel Organizational Behavior. I was just exploring as I need 3 credits in general electives. May be I will go ahead and complete NFA credits Q118, Q137, Q318 as it was mentioned somewhere recently that these can be applied in general electives area. That's all I need to complete that section. I am close to finishing BSBA General Management.

You are saying general electives, but I think you mean General Education Electives (vs. Free Electives).

The NFA courses won't come in as GE Electives either, they are Free Electives. And Fire Service Supervision comes in as HRM-331, which duplicates Human Resources Management so you wouldn't be able to use it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You are saying general electives, but I think you mean General Education Electives (vs. Free Electives).

The NFA courses won't come in as GE Electives either, they are Free Electives. And Fire Service Supervision comes in as HRM-331, which duplicates Human Resources Management so you wouldn't be able to use it.

You are right, I was saying General Education Electives - 20sh are needed, I am at 17 so I was looking for fast and easy way to complete it. Well, I guess not so I will just take US History I, may be CLEP.

Al2010x Wrote:You are right, I was saying General Education Electives - 20sh are needed, I am at 17 so I was looking for fast and easy way to complete it. Well, I guess not so I will just take US History I, may be CLEP.

I was just curious, move the courses around. What do you have as your free electives right now?
If those free electives can move up to general education electives, you can take the 3 NFA courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:I was just curious, move the courses around. What do you have as your free electives right now?
If those free electives can move up to general education electives, you can take the 3 NFA courses.

I have Personal Finance and Intro to Business as free electives

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 606 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 445 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,112 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 433 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 2,005 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,121 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,995 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Cheap general science courses? Preferably online. Drakemoore 8 1,387 12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,348 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Allied Health General Science Courses? threecats 7 1,012 07-08-2022, 11:58 PM