Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia.org and TESU
Hi,

Do all Sophia.org courses transfer to TESU?

If So,
is this the best way to get fast credits?

THANX!!!!
A quick look into google answers the question with different pages. Maybe the most interesting is this one: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
hope it helps.

Answering to your question: Sophia is the best way to get LL for many people when they have none and start the process to get a degree. It allows to get many of the credits you are going to need at the start from home and at your pace. More content on the this subject in other post similar to yours, which have been discussed many times. Take a look around the forum.
If you already have credits you should post what you already have. This way people can give you a more clear and educated opinion. Is also important to know what you want to study since different studies require different credits. In the pinned comments is one explaining how to present yourself and expose what you want to study. Is an effective way to get feedback.
"The best way" of getting credits depends on each person and how you can learn more effectively. What is true is that many people like Sophia and they have an engaging system. That is probably why so many people like them. The price also plays an important role.

On a personal note. I like a lot Sophia and for me is a good way to get credits, specially if you already know the subject. If you studied before the subject and have knowledge about it you can go quite quick gaining credits. If you do not know it... you will need more time. For me is a recommended place for many of the courses they have.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kab's post:
  • jack125dc, midnite123
Thank You!!1
Most courses transfer. For some of them, we simply don't know the equivalent TESU courses. If you transfer one of these courses to TESU, please report back and let us know the result!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-20-2023, 05:05 AM)Kab Wrote: A quick look into google answers the question with different pages. Maybe the most interesting is this one: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
hope it helps.

Answering to your question: Sophia is the best way to get LL for many people when they have none and start the process to get a degree. It allows to get many of the credits you are going to need at the start from home and at your pace. More content on the this subject in other post similar to yours, which have been discussed many times. Take a look around the forum.
If you already have credits you should post what you already have. This way people can give you a more clear and educated opinion. Is also important to know what you want to study since different studies require different credits. In the pinned comments is one explaining how to present yourself and expose what you want to study. Is an effective way to get feedback.
"The best way" of getting credits depends on each person and how you can learn more effectively. What is true is that many people like Sophia and they have an engaging system. That is probably why so many people like them. The price also plays an important role.

On a personal note. I like a lot Sophia and for me is a good way to get credits, specially if you already know the subject. If you studied before the subject and have knowledge about it you can go quite quick gaining credits. If you do not know it... you will need more time. For me is a recommended place for many of the courses they have.

Thank you a lot, it helps me too!
Your mileage may vary but I don't think Sophia is particularly fast compared to other options like Study.com. It's certainly cheaper though
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIS-1010 / Western Civ. 1 at TESU picochily 8 142 Yesterday, 04:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 617 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 450 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  TESU---AA ??? midnite123 15 1,119 11-16-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SOPHIA----Opinions on courses??? midnite123 19 1,736 11-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  What if my Degree contains too many Transfered Credits from Sophia etc.? ecdw94 19 2,952 10-17-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  What's the fasted online college for someone who has 18 Sophia credits? StubbedMyToeWhileSleeping 6 893 08-20-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 1,040 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Univ of People partners with Sophia.org for degree pathway! bjcheung77 3 806 05-08-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Applying for internships / jobs while doing Sophia courses Schlafen 2 882 03-31-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Vle045