Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation
Hi Everyone,

I've pretty much decided to go with UMPI when the time comes to transfer my sophia.org credits, but I'm still open to other options, specifically TESU. As I'm a NJ resident, I'd get the instate rate. My question is about when they evaluate credits you intend to transfer in. I recently reached out to UMPI and they told me they let you know what credits will transfer in before you actually enroll. They also said that I can transfer in credits even after I enroll. Does TESU operate the same way?

Thx!
TESU does up to two free evals. Once you enroll, limitless evals & you can transfer in credits post enrollment.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 2 users Like jg_nuy's post:
  • colonelcamp, jch
(04-24-2024, 09:47 AM)jg_nuy Wrote: TESU does up to two free evals. Once you enroll, limitless evals & you can transfer in credits post enrollment.

Awesome. I've heard from certain sources on YouTube that TESU doesn't play so nicely with sophia.org compared to UMPI that accepts nearly all sophia.org credits. Any truth to that?
Hmm, Here's a copy/paste from another thread, you should review the entire thread, it's got info with some additional updates: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid417619

"As mentioned... Most YouTubers get their info here... I would skip their options..." In addition, I've mentioned YouTubers are usually Out-of-date or incorrect with some of their info. If you're short on time, just read my posts in this thread linked.

Here's a copy/paste from your previous thread, with a minor change, switch UMPI with TESU: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid418333

Furthermore, if you're taking Sophia.org classes, and you've got energy, time to complete them, you can try to get more classes under your belt after you've completed the general education, electives, and any classes that go towards your major/minor of choice. You can transfer more than 90 credits for any institution, it's just that TESU will only accept 90 into a degree program.

Just like UMPI, TESU will only transfer in 90 ACE/NCCRS credits combined, you need 30 RA. UMPI requires 30 residency credits, TESU requires 15 residency, or you pay a residency waiver fee and take 6 credits from them. You can take TECEP's if you want everything to be from TESU to reach 30 credits, otherwise, you'll have to get some cheap credits at community colleges for example.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • colonelcamp
I'll just add that you should bring up any part of the transfer evaluation that seems off to you. I got TESU to accept credits they had rejected and shuffle around other credits to different requirements / course equivalencies.
(04-24-2024, 02:59 PM)PLEX Wrote: I'll just add that you should bring up any part of the transfer evaluation that seems off to you. I got TESU to accept credits they had rejected and shuffle around other credits to different requirements / course equivalencies.

Yep. I had several instances where TESU missed transfer credits, recorded them incorrectly, put them in non-optimal places, or did something else wrong. Always review your evaluations throughly and send in an appeal to the registrar if something seems off.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(04-24-2024, 03:49 PM)jch Wrote:
(04-24-2024, 02:59 PM)PLEX Wrote: I'll just add that you should bring up any part of the transfer evaluation that seems off to you. I got TESU to accept credits they had rejected and shuffle around other credits to different requirements / course equivalencies.

Yep. I had several instances where TESU missed transfer credits, recorded them incorrectly, put them in non-optimal places, or did something else wrong. Always review your evaluations throughly and send in an appeal to the registrar if something seems off.
Thx Guys!
That's where the screenshots and spreadsheets come in place, you already know where you want the classes to go, you're the one keeping track of where everything needs to be and the requirements, cross reference everything and complete classes accordingly, once your classes are complete, you verify yourself and apply for graduation.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 110 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 342 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 10 857 09-24-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  TESU BA Psych experimental psychology requirement wow 7 259 09-19-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU computer science and information systems are the same degree Chann 9 683 09-19-2024, 10:29 AM
  Does TESU take Saylor Software Engineering as UL or LL? Jwheels27 7 516 09-18-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Chann
  TESU Evaluation Chann 2 223 09-18-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Chann
  Pausing Enrollment at TESU bradonomics 6 272 09-18-2024, 01:09 AM
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 1 361 09-12-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Vin
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 9 1,103 09-11-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: LevelUP