Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree by Christmas?
rlw74 Wrote:It is absolutely doable - you just need to map out what you want to take and work any capstone course into your degree completion time. I wish I had signed up for the capstone and worked on it while I was taking the other 40 credits needed. Instead I pushed it off until the very last class and I'm soooo bored. I flew through 42 credits in 12 weeks. Now I have to spend 12 weeks on just 3 credits and I'm so eager to just be done. But many here have finished 40-60 credits in just three or four months. There is no reason you can't get 80 by end of the year.

No I haven't enrolled yet. I applied and they gave me a preliminary review.
videogamesrock Wrote:Did EC charge a fee to take the NA credits?

No I haven't enrolled yet. I applied and they gave me a preliminary review.
rlw74 Wrote:It is absolutely doable - you just need to map out what you want to take and work any capstone course into your degree completion time. I wish I had signed up for the capstone and worked on it while I was taking the other 40 credits needed. Instead I pushed it off until the very last class and I'm soooo bored. I flew through 42 credits in 12 weeks. Now I have to spend 12 weeks on just 3 credits and I'm so eager to just be done. But many here have finished 40-60 credits in just three or four months. There is no reason you can't get 80 by end of the year.

sorry I replied to the wrong message earlier! Yes this is so encouraging. I'll remember to fit in the capstone. They mentioned something about needing a certain amount of credits first?
Ideas Wrote:Law schools will probably not like that you used NA credits Sad

I was wondering something along this line as well. Will law schools accept undergrad degrees that have NA credits in them?
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
tesu-acct-student Wrote:I was wondering something along this line as well. Will law schools accept undergrad degrees that have NA credits in them?

Excelsior is regionally acc so I will be fine. My question really wasn't about getting accepted into law school, it was about steps to getting the BA in 8 months. The school I am applying to will accept it. Acceptance into law school is not based only on transcripts. Your LSAT score, GPA, letters of rec and personal statement also play a large factor.
Having an NA AAS I am also a bit intrigued by this. You just sent in a transcript and they automatically applied the credits to your evaluation? As far as I understood, at EC you had to go through a petition process and the number of credits was capped at something like 30.

Ok never mind what I wrote above, it's been a long time since I looked at Excelsior College » Transferring Credit From Non-Regionally Accredited Schools apparently they'll potentially accept any of my NA credits too from PFC since they are listed under the DOE. I might be changing my plans to go through them instead of COSC now for my BS...
BrandeX Wrote:Having an NA AAS I am also a bit intrigued by this. You just sent in a transcript and they automatically applied the credits to your evaluation? As far as I understood, at EC you had to go through a petition process and the number of credits was capped at something like 30.

Ok never mind what I wrote above, it's been a long time since I looked at Excelsior College » Transferring Credit From Non-Regionally Accredited Schools apparently they'll potentially accept any of my NA credits too from PFC since they are listed under the DOE. I might be changing my plans to go through them instead of COSC now for my BS...

They didn't accept all of them but they accepted enough to make it worth my while.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,506 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,159 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,723 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,938 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 5,368 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,990 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,595 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 2,163 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,567 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,943 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero