Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP test deadline midnight?
On proctorU they were out of test slots. The only slot available is one that will run past midnight through the test. Does anyone know if this is acceptable or does it need to be done by midnight. I have preemptively sent and email to testing about this and about not time slots but this is all they have.

I did think take it now meant I could take it whenever I wanted as long as I was willing to pay. I know, guillble.
ProctorU periodically does maintenance on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. This appears to be one of those situations - they've blocked out a six hour period tonight. Your best chance is to just try and see what happens.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(03-26-2023, 07:29 PM)jch Wrote: ProctorU periodically does maintenance on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. This appears to be one of those situations - they've blocked out a six hour period tonight. Your best chance is to just try and see what happens.

Alright did all 5 tests over the last 30 hours. Thanks for the input. I already sent an email early in the day to testing to let them know I couldn't get a test. I got one and finished the test at 2:30 am NJ time so we will see. I am not confidant I passed the final writing class enc-102. 50/50 right now. I definitely passed everything else.
[-] The following 2 users Like CanICode's post:
  • davewill, origamishuttle
(03-27-2023, 02:24 AM)CanICode Wrote:
(03-26-2023, 07:29 PM)jch Wrote: ProctorU periodically does maintenance on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. This appears to be one of those situations - they've blocked out a six hour period tonight. Your best chance is to just try and see what happens.

Alright did all 5 tests over the last 30 hours. Thanks for the input. I already sent an email early in the day to testing to let them know I couldn't get a test. I got one and finished the test at 2:30 am NJ time so we will see. I am not confidant I passed the final writing class enc-102. 50/50 right now. I definitely passed everything else.

TESU's TECEPs aren't easy, but there is some low-hanging fruit. About how long did you study for each one?  I'm guessing you used the suggested books?

I never have the patience to wait to set up a time with ProctorU, so I pay the $10 extra so I can schedule right away within 2 hours.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-27-2023, 04:57 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

TESU's TECEPs aren't easy, but there is some low-hanging fruit. About how long did you study for each one?  I'm guessing you used the suggested books?

I never have the patience to wait to set up a time with ProctorU, so I pay the $10 extra so I can schedule right away within 2 hours.

Ha, I am the same. Infact, I waited until the last day, paid to book the day of, then paid to move the time up. I think 3 tests on the final day cost me $60 in the end.

MAT-105 / 4 hours. Reviewed study.com tecep prep. Just had to remember how to remove things from different sides of equations, and symbols for converting and or statements to pictorials. Also venn diagram terms would be helpful. The test is harder than the tecep prep on study.com. Passed. I test way better than average though. My process of elimination is really strong. I remember taking a practice test on SDC for data structures and getting a 60% before I had ever done any math or computer science classes all by process of elimination and intuition. I just test well. Passed 80/100

CIS-107 / 0 hours. I think this is passable by anyone who is tech savvy but to be honest, I would not be surprised if they have updated the test to add more network technology questions. I definitely think the wrong combo of questions could make a random person fail. It was surprisingly network technology heavy. I had been studying for the network technology TECEP and there were at least 10 crossover questions. I would study for the network technology tecep if you are going to take this because you will double dip and get some crossover help. Passed 80/100

ENG-201 Tech writing / 0 hours. If you can't pass this cold, I don't think you can pass any TECEPs cold. It is the easiest of all TECEPs. You have three hours to type a few paragraphs. Passed. Not graded yet though but no way I failed that.

ENG-101 Writing for Success / 0 hours. I don't recall needing to source anything in this outside of maybe in text citations but the test was easy. Passed. Only like 10% chance I failed this.

ENG-102 English Composition II / 2 hours. I think I could have failed this one because I didn't study citations well and had a print off on different types and didn't realize until I got into the test that it was garbage. 25 points of the test are citations. So that doesn't leave me much room unless they give me partial credit on citations. I'll try to remember to come back and update this on if I passed this class. Unsure if passed.
[-] The following 2 users Like CanICode's post:
  • LevelUP, origamishuttle
(04-01-2023, 08:07 AM)CanICode Wrote:
(03-27-2023, 04:57 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Ha, I am the same. Infact, I waited until the last day, paid to book the day of, then paid to move the time up. I think 3 tests on the final day cost me $60 in the end.

MAT-105 / 4 hours. Reviewed study.com tecep prep. Just had to remember how to remove things from different sides of equations, and symbols for converting and or statements to pictorials. Also venn diagram terms would be helpful. The test is harder than the tecep prep on study.com. Passed. I test way better than average though. My process of elimination is really strong. I remember taking a practice test on SDC for data structures and getting a 60% before I had ever done any math or computer science classes all by process of elimination and intuition. I just test well. Passed 80/100

CIS-107 / 0 hours. I think this is passable by anyone who is tech savvy but to be honest, I would not be surprised if they have updated the test to add more network technology questions. I definitely think the wrong combo of questions could make a random person fail. It was surprisingly network technology heavy. I had been studying for the network technology TECEP and there were at least 10 crossover questions. I would study for the network technology tecep if you are going to take this because you will double dip and get some crossover help. Passed 80/100

ENG-201 Tech writing / 0 hours. If you can't pass this cold, I don't think you can pass any TECEPs cold. It is the easiest of all TECEPs. You have three hours to type a few paragraphs. Passed. Not graded yet though but no way I failed that.

ENG-101 Writing for Success / 0 hours. I don't recall needing to source anything in this outside of maybe in text citations but the test was easy. Passed. Only like 10% chance I failed this.

ENG-102 English Composition II / 2 hours. I think I could have failed this one because I didn't study citations well and had a print off on different types and didn't realize until I got into the test that it was garbage. 25 points of the test are citations. So that doesn't leave me much room unless they give me partial credit on citations. I'll try to remember to come back and update this on if I passed this class. Unsure if passed.

Yup, failed ENG-102 because I didn't know citations well I'm sure.

Tech writing I passed but in the 70s. I am really surprised by that and am not sure how that is possible and have egg on my face after saying if you can't pass it cold yada yada. I still do not know how I came so close to failing that class.
(04-03-2023, 10:29 PM)CanICode Wrote: Yup, failed ENG-102 because I didn't know citations well I'm sure.

Tech writing I passed but in the 70s. I am really surprised by that and am not sure how that is possible and have egg on my face after saying if you can't pass it cold yada yada. I still do not know how I came so close to failing that class.

I almost failed the CLEP English Comp because I didn't know citations well. I was surprised there were around 5 questions on the test on citations.

If you need another TECEP, check out the PHI-130-TE Introduction To Critical Reasoning
https://www2.tesu.edu/tecep.php?CourseCode=PHI-130

It's a short open-source course that's free to look. 
https://sites.google.com/a/courses.tesc....reasoning/

Glossary Terms
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=s...U5OWVjMzM0

I took the full Introduction To Critical Reasoning course and got through it in about 20 hours with an A.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • CanICode, origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technical Writing TECEP - My Experience PreLawCoastie 2 609 03-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  What's the best free practice test for US History II Cookseykids 6 464 03-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Public Speaking TECEP PreLawCoastie 0 161 02-27-2024, 07:23 AM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  TECEP FIN-3210 Security Analysis & Portfolio Management fmsoa 2 431 01-18-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: CFPhopeful
  TECEP Admissions/Rate my sanity PreLawCoastie 10 919 01-11-2024, 06:05 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Abnormal Psychology TECEP is now available on InstantCert! sgloer 0 265 01-04-2024, 12:27 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Managerial Comm TECEP saraholson 7 1,585 12-15-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Dosada
  TECEP Federal Income Taxation Kones 9 865 12-13-2023, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Kones
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 337 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  Learning in the Digital Age TECEP Avidreader 0 217 11-22-2023, 11:53 AM
Last Post: Avidreader