Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TADA Tier List of Certificates
Photo 
TADA Tier List on, which certs will help you land jobs.

[Image: cert-tier-list3.png]
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • fromthedepths, origamishuttle
For me, when you work on the trifecta (certs, degree, experience), you'll get your rhythm and understand what subjects/topics or sub fields you'll be interested in. Take the time to get some Coursera/TADA certs and see if these courses interest you, from Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Project Management, UX Design, etc.

Basically, I recommend grouping the certs in a specific order to ladder the knowledge from one to the other, such as this...
Essentially, when you get the certs, you're adding 'some experience' to hit the trifecta I mentioned earlier: certs, degree, experience.

1. Cybersecurity/IT related - Start with Coursera/TADA, IT Support Pro Cert, ladder that up to IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Pro Cert.
- You can do some freebies such as the TEEX Cybersecurity courses along with this or as prep for this track.

2. Coding/Development - Start with Coursera/TADA, UX Design Cert, ladder that up to IBM Full Stack Software Developer Pro Cert.
- You can take the Meta Front-End and Back-End developer certs (I think these are also free from TADA) for the Coding part.

3. Project Management - Start with Coursera/TADA, META Social Media Marketing, ladder up to Google Project Management Pro.
- Take Sophia.org Project Management and their other business/communication counterpart courses to get an idea of Business/Management.

4. Data Analytics - Again, Start with Coursera/TADA, Google Data Analytics and ladder up to all the IBM Data options combined...
Consider again taking as many cheapie/freebie options along with the Google offering, plus the various IBM Data Analytics/Science options.

TLDR: You can take one or more routes, decide what your passion lies, then you can see if taking a degree (another Bachelors or a Masters) would do.
There are several Masters of Applied Computer Science or Data Science, etc offerings that do not require a prior Bachelors for entry all around 10-15K.

Coursera/TADA offerings Wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera
TEEX & other Free Sources of Credit: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • housecat, NotJoeBiden, origamishuttle, Pikachu
*Certificates
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 5 users Like sanantone's post:
  • allvia, housecat, LevelUP, NotJoeBiden, rachel83az
Interested in the criteria for this. Why is the Meta certificate above the cybersecurity ones, for instance? I wouldn't expect the Meta one to be all that useful on its own.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • housecat
I don’t understand this chart at all.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 4 users Like Vle045's post:
  • NotJoeBiden, rachel83az, ss20ts, TwinMom
Maybe I'm too lazy to search hard enough, but did they give their rationale behind this chart?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • rachel83az
Yes, I looked at the graph as well, not too sure how they decided which goes where and why...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
According to who? If one works in cybersecurity, that certificate is going to go a lot further than one from Meta on social media marketing which is completely irrelevant. If I work in project management, the only time a social media marketing certificate would be of use is if I worked on social media projects. This chart doesn't make much sense at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
I got on the Tier List bandwagon and made the Tier List graphic myself.  Yes, I know it's beautiful.  Smile

It was strongly based on several review videos of these certs and adjusted for only TADA certs.

So basically:

• IT support is where a lot of people get started in tech, which is why Google's IT support would be #1.
  • Google's Data Analyst has better reviews than IBM's Data Analyst though both are good.
  • Cybersecurity isn't entry-level, so doing these certs won't lead to getting a job by itself. 
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • housecat
I've heard a lot of people say that it's hard getting a data analyst position with just that certificate. Data is different from several other fields in tech. They often want knowledge of statistics and a strong knowledge of the type of data that's being analyzed. For example, they'd prefer someone with a biology or healthcare background to analyze health data. If they can't get that, then they'd prefer someone with a quantitative degree.

It's yet to be seen how employers will view Google's cybersecurity certificate, but cybersecurity heavily relies upon industry standard certifications, and certificates are not certifications. At least with data and software engineering, certifications are not important.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • Ideas, Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 482 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
Thumbs Up IBM certificates now part of Coursera Plus Pikachu 4 478 06-05-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 15 2,939 05-08-2024, 07:32 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 17 1,872 05-02-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 10,251 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  The official guide to Coursera certificates & specializations rachel83az 14 14,665 11-20-2023, 09:05 PM
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 2,564 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Question about Coursera certificates & specializations Pikachu 7 3,934 08-24-2022, 04:51 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Coursera certificates rachel83az 31 6,444 05-20-2022, 12:44 AM
Last Post: Blckbuster
  What are the easiest & fastest Sophia courses out of this list? cdickerson0601 9 5,658 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM
Last Post: gams007