Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com final project mess up
Thumbs Down 
I worked on the final project for Database Management today and it was pretty bad. Not difficult in terms of the material but instructions not clear in places, no images where they said there should be, data entry that didn't make sense for later prompts. I did the best I could with it and submitted it then went back and looked at it right after submitting it and it had changed! The images were there and the data that was supposed to be entered was different. I know I didn't miss something, I looked at it carefully since I ran into a problem of the last 2 prompts not making sense based on the data entry for that previous prompt. They must have changed it while I had it open and worked on it, what else could it be? So most of my project is going to be wrong. The scholarships ends July 4 and I have one more class with a project I want to do. I'm worried I won't have time now because I'll have to wait for them to grade it and send it back to me plus hope this doesn't happen on the other class project. Very disappointed with this. I have a lot to do in my life besides this school stuff and don't have time for things like this.   Sad Angry Exclamation
I'm sorry! This kind of quality and grading type stuff is so frustrating. We should be able to focus on just doing the work and not have to be constantly babysitting the course providers.

Is there a way to submit a comment? If so, I'd submit a comment ASAP explaining what happened. And either way, I think I'd submit a ticket to Study.com letting them know it happened.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
If you run out of time because of their problem, they would probably give you extra time to complete your other course, if you tell them about it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • fork
(05-29-2018, 05:09 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: I'm sorry!  This kind of quality and grading type stuff is so frustrating.  We should be able to focus on just doing the work and not have to be constantly babysitting the course providers.

Is there a way to submit a comment?  If so, I'd submit a comment ASAP explaining what happened.  And either way, I think I'd submit a ticket to Study.com letting them know it happened.

I did submit a ticket to them, but my past tickets have not really been answered with anything very substantial. They tend to just copy/paste stuff out of the syllabus and type a few polite words. :/
I took the systems analysis and design final at study.com a couple of days ago cold and scored a 58. There were many errors and unclear questions in the final. I will need a 78 on the assignment as a result. Study.com is so funny because they rush these classes out as quickly as they can and then revise them on the fly. I know that it is annoying to people, but I have to laugh because study.com is just like college students, doing things at the last second and turning in halfway done assignments.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • dfrecore
I would be embarrassed if I turned in work like the class I've been working on. I'd give it about a C- if I were the instructor, and that's being generous. Well, you get what you pay for I guess.
Granted, it's been a year since I took a study.com course but I never ran into anything like this. I took something like 9 courses in a row and had only minor problems and excellent customer service. I wonder if all the changes at TESU and rush to get things upgraded was too much all at once. I may have missed it, but study.com used to actively participate in this forum too. Maybe someone will see this and get the feedback to the right people.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
(05-31-2018, 06:11 PM)rlw74 Wrote: Granted, it's been a year since I took a study.com course but I never ran into anything like this. I took something like 9 courses in a row and had only minor problems and excellent customer service. I wonder if all the changes at TESU and rush to get things upgraded was too much all at once. I may have missed it, but study.com used to actively participate in this forum too. Maybe someone will see this and get the feedback to the right people.

They did send me a private message here on this forum. They were able to find my project. I'm guessing I'm the only one who submitted one recently. I had also made a note on it that the last two prompts didn't make sense so they were able to see my note and said it won't be counted against me because they were aware of the problem in the prompts and were working to fix it. 

I must have had the page open with the old project just before they uploaded the new project so I just went on working on the old one not knowing there was a problem until I got to the end. Not sure why the images weren't showing, though. And I'm still not sure I did this project right since I thought the directions were a bit unclear. It just said to screen cap the new screen that showed after submitting the commands - well the new screen wasn't much. It didn't show the table, just showed the SQL that I'd submitted to it. Maybe that's all they wanted, but it didn't seem like much. Or maybe they wanted to see the table too since they wanted it in a couple of the early prompts. I don't know. I guess I'll find out. 

Anyway, I think the biggest issue here is they were trying to put up some new classes but didn't really have this one polished before it went live and maybe they didn't expect someone to go through it that fast. Not sure, but it definitely did not seem to be a finished course. Most of the lessons didn't have a video and many had a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes - like way more than the study.com usual. 

Overall I think it worked out well for me, though, since I probably wouldn't have taken if they'd waited to put it up. I'm searching for upper level CIS classes and they're hard to find outside of taking a more traditional class that wouldn't be self paced, so I'm sure I would have moved on if study.com didn't have anything to offer in that area.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 89 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 138 8 hours ago
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 170 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 496,425 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  SDC: Pausing Account before Final Grade legenwait4itdary 9 373 09-12-2024, 06:59 PM
  Limited Time 68% Off College Saver at Study.com portals 37 6,949 09-08-2024, 10:43 AM
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 582 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 224 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,184 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 382 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM