Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strategizing Best Degree for FAST Completion?
Hmm, you can work on deciding the degree/institution of choice, reviewing the WIKI plans (if any), and then creating a degree plan to complete the degree of choice. Guild has many options, Outlier.org, Sophia, Study.com, and other institutions, you can also get your Associates from Guild as well since you've got just 9 credits and starting your journey, I would ladder from that towards a Bachelors from anything listed on their website here... Link: https://schools.guildeducation.com/
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
BTW, sometimes Guild/your employer will cover degrees not listed as part of their "preferred" schools. Does your employer do that? If so, the absolute fastest degrees that you could get would be a UMPI. They have a BA Accounting and a BABA Accounting that might be of interest to you. If your employer will cover "up to" a certain amount of non-preferred degrees per year, you can probably still get a UMPI degree for (almost) free. You'd need 2-3 months of Sophia.org ($100 per month) to really be able to speed through a UMPI degree. Sometimes Guild covers this, sometimes not, IIRC.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
:-) Wrote:My employer goes through Guild! I have a couple of other programs available, but these are the ones that are fully covered for me.

I work in finance and want a bachelor's degree in order to obtain certifications/licensure that requires it. My employer is completely onboard in helping me advance in my career, so I just need to do my part.

Guild's great, depending on your 'other' options, your alternative credit from the 3 I mentioned earlier, Outlier.org, Sophia.org, Study.com, even Penn Foster ACE classes would be paid for. In addition to that, you can get the Associates from the GGU/Outlier.org free on route to your Bachelors. Within the link I have above, it'll show other institutions than the ones you mentioned, if you 'resourcefully' use your $5K/year or whatever your limit is, you'll get the degree 100% paid for, you're not just limited the the four you mentioned!

(11-19-2023, 12:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
:-) Wrote:My employer goes through Guild! I have a couple of other programs available, but these are the ones that are fully covered for me.

I work in finance and want a bachelor's degree in order to obtain certifications/licensure that requires it. My employer is completely onboard in helping me advance in my career, so I just need to do my part.

Guild's great, depending on your 'other' options, your alternative credit from the 3 I mentioned earlier, Outlier.org, Sophia.org, Study.com, even Penn Foster ACE classes would be paid for.  In addition to that, you can get the Associates from the GGU/Outlier.org free on route to your Bachelors.  Within the link I have above, it'll show other institutions than the ones you mentioned, if you 'resourcefully' use your $5K/year or whatever your limit is, you'll get the degree 100% paid for, you're not just limited the the four you mentioned!

Looking at Outlier.org and it says it would be a program that could take a minimum of 20 months... Why would it be a good option to do an associates instead of doing ACE credits and applying for a bachelor's program? It seems like the associate's would take longer or am I wrong?
Basically, If you read their page here, you can transfer in 45 credits out of the 60: https://www.outlier.org/collections/degree-ggu
It's under the heading 'Think you can’t afford college? Think again.' It even mentions, transfer up to 45 credits, $0 cost to you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 344 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 125 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 283 Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 256 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 264 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 210 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 554 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 304 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 311 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 150 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM