Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straightlerline Business Communications
On my official eval I was given credit for business communication Com-300 on a CC class I did not think would count for that. I am 14/19 done with the course on SL currently. Will TESU give me credit for MAN-373 Corporate Communications/Managerial Communications? I know this has been asked before and I searched but couldn't find a 100% answer and just wondered if anyone knew. Thanks!
Ouch - No. That course comes in as COM 300 as well, so you'll be getting duplicate credit for your Business Comm.
Your cheapest options for MAN-373 are Saylor Corporate Communications and Davar Managerial Communications
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm going to clarify that you took a Com course at CC, and though it fulfilled the Business/Managerial Comm slot, it didn't actually get the COM-300 designation? Because it should not have - CC courses don't come in as UL. So, if it came in as something else (Maybe COM-200), then it should not duplicate the COM-300 course, and you can get credit for both (and COM-300 will then come in as an AOS course in the MAN area).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:I'm going to clarify that you took a Com course at CC, and though it fulfilled the Business/Managerial Comm slot, it didn't actually get the COM-300 designation? Because it should not have - CC courses don't come in as UL. So, if it came in as something else (Maybe COM-200), then it should not duplicate the COM-300 course, and you can get credit for both (and COM-300 will then come in as an AOS course in the MAN area).

It came in as
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
1 COM338 Communications in Business 12/01/11 B+ 3.00 COM-300 *TE
testchamp Wrote:It came in as
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
1 COM338 Communications in Business 12/01/11 B+ 3.00 COM-300 *TE

Wow that is interesting, If only they make the same mistake and bring in my Tax course as UL that would be great.

Side Note: Are you sure you took that at a CC, it have a COM338 code, I have never saw a code over the 200's used at a CC before.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Wow that is interesting, If only they make the same mistake and bring in my Tax course as UL that would be great.

Side Note: Are you sure you took that at a CC, it have a COM338 code, I have never saw a code over the 200's used at a CC before.

That's what I was wondering about as well, I'm thinking that CC is a 4 year college in their local community. Either way, it duplicates.
The easiest option is to obtain a cheap alternative like $25 for the Saylor course. If the OP would like, they can try to appeal after looking at the course descriptions.
Try to indicate to TESU that you already have credit for COM330, you're looking for credit for MAN373. If you don't want to do Saylor, Davar is $70.

bjcheung77 Wrote:That's what I was wondering about as well, I'm thinking that CC is a 4 year college in their local community. Either way, it duplicates.
The easiest option is to obtain a cheap alternative like $25 for the Saylor course. If the OP would like, they can try to appeal after looking at the course descriptions.
Try to indicate to TESU that you already have credit for COM330, you're looking for credit for MAN373. If you don't want to do Saylor, Davar is $70.

That course was taken at a 4 year university. I had 70 credits from CC and 30 from a 4 year university. I just didnt want to finish the course at SL if it wont count for me and I can move it to a new class. I only need 1 more upper level in the AOS for BSBA in General Management. I have 3 other courses to fill plus the bus421 tecep and I am done. I just want to make sure I maximize time and can apply for graduation in June. Thank you all for your help
You might want to appeal the credit, and ask that it be classified as MAN-373. Then, you could finish the SL course and get credit for both.

In the meantime, it certainly can't hurt to finish the SL course while you wait to hear back. I would do it just in case they say yes.

If they end up saying no, then you can take the Saylor Corp Comm exam, which should be very easy for you to pass.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You might want to appeal the credit, and ask that it be classified as MAN-373. Then, you could finish the SL course and get credit for both.

In the meantime, it certainly can't hurt to finish the SL course while you wait to hear back. I would do it just in case they say yes.

If they end up saying no, then you can take the Saylor Corp Comm exam, which should be very easy for you to pass.

I asked and they said if straighterline comes in at Com300 and the university course comes in at Com300 they will duplicate.Sad
testchamp Wrote:I asked and they said if straighterline comes in at Com300 and the university course comes in at Com300 they will duplicate.Sad

Finish the Straighterline course, take the Saylor exam for $25 and get the 3 credits you need for MAN 373 Managerial Communications.
It is only $25 and you get the 3 UL credits in the MAN section of your AOS. That Straighterline course should prepare you for it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 411 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  SDC or Sophia - Managerial Communications Dosada 2 435 11-21-2023, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 3,125 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,409 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Can anyone share their experience with Edx Critical Business Skills course by SNHU? lorabel 7 1,498 03-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 620 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace busybee45 26 4,142 01-19-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Sophia’s Arizona Global Campus Course Equivalency: BUS 311 Business Law I basicunitoflife 4 835 12-29-2022, 12:09 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study.com Business 212 business statistics thepoetvd776 1 747 11-24-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Information New Sophia courses coming: Python and Business Communication! MNomadic 27 4,707 08-19-2022, 07:36 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle