Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline deactivate account
What all will I be able to see or do if I deactivate my account debating doing this because this month is almost up and I'm going back to work full time. I'm sure I will need more than a month to get my stats class done also have a couple other classes in my straighterline account. But also have guardian scholarship right now and need to keep working on these courses. Pretty proud just looked at my ace transcript I've obtained 32 credits over the last month between sophia, teex, study.com and straighterline. But have definitely been putting the time in often more than 12 hours a day. Oh yea also forgot the clep modular w/o essay i passed as well as another study.com test that I am about to take (american government) once I do that 38 credits in a little over a month!
You'll be able to see your grades and request transcripts but not access any courses.
[SIZE=6]Aurelius
[/SIZE]

BSBA – General Management (Completed)

Graduation – June 9, 2017
Commencement – September 23, 2017

Study.com – Labor Relations 89%; Principles of Supv 91%; HR Management 94%; Prin of Finance 83%; Globalization & Intl Mgt 87%; Pers Finance 88%; Prin of Marketing 87%; Digital Mkt & Adv 94%; Bus Comm 92%
StraighterLine – Acct I 90%; Acct II 83%; Macro 92%; Micro 92%; Intro to Religion 87%; American Govt 88%; Bus Law 86%; Fin Accounting 84%; Mgr Accounting 84%; Intro to Comm 93%; Prin of Mgt 89%; Intro to Env Science 92%; Intro to Nutrition 89%
ALEKS – Beg Algebra; Int Algebra; College Algebra; PreCalculus; Intro to Stats
The Institutes - Ethics and CPCU Code
Kaplan University - Doc Your Exp for College Credit
NFA – Comm Safety Educators; Fire Service Sprvn
TEEX – CS for Everyone; CS for Bus Prof; CS for IT Prof
University of South Florida (USF) – Comp 1 & 2; Various history and music courses
TESU - Comp Concepts and App – 87%; Strategic Management - 81%
Aurelius Wrote:You'll be able to see your grades and request transcripts but not access any courses.

I can confirm that my son's last activity on his account was 2012 and he reactivated his membership this week. One of his courses is still sitting at 50% and the others that were finished were there too!
cookderosa Wrote:I can confirm that my son's last activity on his account was 2012 and he reactivated his membership this week. One of his courses is still sitting at 50% and the others that were finished were there too!

Do you know if I will be able to see my ebook?
EDIT: yes your ebooks will be there
Collegelady2 Wrote:Do you know if I will be able to see my ebook?

Hmm conflicting answers, this is a tricky one, my answer is yes if you have a valid VitalSource account.
If you haven't set one up (like me), then no, as it won't let you into the courses to get into the ebook.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:Hmm conflicting answers, this is a tricky one, my answer is yes if you have a valid VitalSource account.
If you haven't set one up (like me), then no, as it won't let you into the courses to get into the ebook.

Maybe we are thinking of different things- I assumed she meant if she resumes her class will her ebooks be there (I checked in my son's after he deactivated then reactivated and his ebooks are there) but maybe I misunderstood the question. Do you mean seeing an ebook separate and apart from SL while your account is deactivated? If so, that I have no idea about.
I mean could I see my ebook while my account isn't active. Anyways my account expires tomorrow cancelled it tonight. So I guess I will see if I can access the books thru vital source. Registered tonight for vital source.
cookderosa Wrote:Maybe we are thinking of different things- I assumed she meant if she resumes her class will her ebooks be there (I checked in my son's after he deactivated then reactivated and his ebooks are there) but maybe I misunderstood the question. Do you mean seeing an ebook separate and apart from SL while your account is deactivated? If so, that I have no idea about.

If you have a valid subscription to Straighterline, you should sign up for the VitalSource account and it will allow you to review your ebooks.
Otherwise, there's no option to get into the course ebook as it's within the courser itself, the menu/hyperlink for the ebooks are in the course.

Collegelady2 Wrote:I mean could I see my ebook while my account isn't active. Anyways my account expires tomorrow cancelled it tonight. So I guess I will see if I can access the books thru vital source. Registered tonight for vital source.

As long as you've got your VitalSource account setup, you'll be golden as when it expires, the course (you won't be able to log onto it).
But, there's always a "sly workaround" and it's available only for "Acrobatiq" courses. I won't elaborate as there's nothing to tell...
OK, I lied, for anyone who has their account membership, you can still access Acrobatiq courses and "finish" them! Haha, that system rocks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline Open Book Finals cookiecandle 15 10,771 09-16-2024, 12:24 AM
Last Post: VanillaBean
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 496,683 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  SDC: Pausing Account before Final Grade legenwait4itdary 9 399 09-12-2024, 06:59 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question re: Straighterline ACC150 ExcellentPhoto 3 315 08-16-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  StraighterLine Spam Emails... bjcheung77 2 281 07-16-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Straighterline TESU Pre Health Classes Melispheric 5 493 06-21-2024, 10:35 AM
  Columbia Southern University and StraighterLine - Saving on my degree Bpreli 11 3,320 05-28-2024, 10:44 PM
  Straighterline Spanish 1 yc1981 4 506 04-26-2024, 03:11 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 850 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 466 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM