Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish courses for Spanish degree
I feel bad about reviving an old thread, just wanted to share this lil nugget for anyone that wants a cheap 2 credit online course on Mexican Literature taught in Spanish.

It is from the prestigious UNAM university, from a small campus in Polanco Mexico City. Course costs approx 150 USD. It starts next Friday and will last around a month. The UNAM has yet another one of these language campuses in Taxco Guerrero, haven't checked that website, so I don't know if they have any online offerings. But I am cery glad to have finally found 1 online course that offers this specific subject.

https://www.cepe.unam.mx/cursos/cultura-mexicana/391

Ooh, and there's more courses online, everything is taught in Spanish. Mexican cinema, mexican architecture, volcanos of Mexico, painting history from the Virreinal era, several history courses, mmm... politics, economy focusing on politics. Nice selection indeed.

https://escolar.cepe.unam.mx/registro/re...do_id=3999

And even more courses from the same school, including a Spanish to Japanese translation course.

https://escolar.cepe.unam.mx/registro/re...do_id=3998
Never feel bad about reviving an old thread if you've got new information to add. Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Are these all 2 credit and $150 each? Hmm, I'll just click the links and find out...

OK, nevermind, it requires me to sign in when clicking those 'more information' links to the classes
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Another part of the page is offering 6 credits (I suppose 3 courses?) For 4000 pesos, which is probably around 250 USD. If someone took a buttload of these courses, I will assume Spantran will certify them for 95 usd evaluation and 65 usd translation fee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avidreader's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-05-2023, 12:32 PM)Avidreader Wrote: Another part of the page is offering 6 credits (I suppose 3 courses?) For 4000 pesos, which is probably around 250 USD. If someone took a buttload of these courses, I will assume Spantran will certify them for 95 usd evaluation and 65 usd translation fee.

TESU has a BA in Foreign Language, and if you can find 6cr of "Major Writers/Masterpieces of Literature" and 3cr of "History of Civilization", and assuming that the ACTFL exmas get renewed through ACE, you can get this degree pretty easily for not a ton of money.  So this is a great find.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-05-2023, 11:18 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Are these all 2 credit and $150 each? Hmm, I'll just click the links and find out...

OK, nevermind, it requires me to sign in when clicking those 'more information' links to the classes

https://www.cepe.unam.mx/cursos/cultura-mexicana

This page has the prices of their current offering. They are offering 6 credits for 4000 pesos.

(08-06-2023, 01:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 12:32 PM)Avidreader Wrote: Another part of the page is offering 6 credits (I suppose 3 courses?) For 4000 pesos, which is probably around 250 USD. If someone took a buttload of these courses, I will assume Spantran will certify them for 95 usd evaluation and 65 usd translation fee.

TESU has a BA in Foreign Language, and if you can find 6cr of "Major Writers/Masterpieces of Literature" and 3cr of "History of Civilization", and assuming that the ACTFL exmas get renewed through ACE, you can get this degree pretty easily for not a ton of money.  So this is a great find.

I'm very happy to have found it. I knew the UNAM had literature courses because I have found ads for them in the past. What I would like to know is if I can find some onine courses for South American authors for people that want a more balanced curricula. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1 Chilean university has an acceptable course, albeit prices will be higher than these UNAM ones.

Mmm... looking at some Chilean universities. One of them offers online literature classes for credit for around 200 usd, but they don't have any Latin American offerings this semester.

However, they are offering an interesting Mapudungun introductory course for 350 usd.
https://filosofia.uchile.cl/cursos/17360...un-nivel-1

There is also a Creole class for 350 usd.
https://filosofia.uchile.cl/cursos/17812...le-nivel-1

https://eduabierta.org/plataforma/course/view.php?id=64

I found this free open acess Chilean literature course. Doesn't mention it will offer university credits, just a participation certificate. Bummer, course began 2 weeks ago.

Poh, what a nice find. This Chilean university offers a bunch of courses online for free. The next semeter courses won't be available until September, so I don't know if they repeat the same courses or chabge them. They offer courses on a whole array of subjects including science, politics and culture.

https://www.uar.cl/estudia-en-la-uar-cur...a-virtual/
Replying this thread, I just an email from the Chilean UAR Recoleta university that I passed one of their free online history courses, the college evaluated it as 24 hours, but it doesn't have a grade like their diplomados, just pass or fail. It took them a bit of a while to transcript the course (around 8 months), but I am happy nontheless. Great class and it was 100% free. Sharing a screenshot of what the course completion diploma looks like.

I also just completed and passed a UNAM CEPE history course, I think the transcript should be available in a few days. That was also a good course which I think will be graded.

Attached Files
.jpg   Screen_Recording_20240723_185452_Gallery_exported_0.jpg (Size: 124.42 KB / Downloads: 12)
Okay, I just got my transcript for the online Cepe history course. The good news is they give you a grade, the bad news is the transcript doesn't have any credits on it even though the website stated it is supposed to be worth 1 credit. Not sure if I should send an email and ask to be sure there isn't an error from their part.

Attached Files
.jpg   Screen_Recording_20240724_172737_Gallery_exported_0.jpg (Size: 54.43 KB / Downloads: 7)
Wow, looks good for both pictures... Nice, you got an A grade too!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-24-2024, 07:00 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, looks good for both pictures... Nice, you got an A grade too!
Thanks! I have no idea how an Acei evaluator would evaluate that Cepe course, transcript says it is worth 15 hours. It was a very fun course. One of the teachers told me my essay could be publishable if I did more research and expanded the topic, so that was cool.

The Chilean university always offers a few English language courses, usually centered around Big Data, Politics or Sociology. Those diplomado courses last a few weeks, they are kind of rigurous. A non Spansh speaker might be able to do their diplomados since most of the work is reading text. All of their class videos are on youtube, I recall always turning on the subtitles. Diplomados usually have a final essay and you have to grade 2 fellow students, might be the trickiest task for non Spanish speaking students but still doable using a robo translator.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 618 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,928 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 447 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,529 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,800 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,931 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,773 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,448 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 373 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger