Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish Degree??
(08-21-2022, 08:10 PM)dfrecore Wrote: FYI: I just updated that page, as there was incorrect info
 - Study.com does not have a 200-level Spanish course, Intermediate Spanish comes in as SPA-102 (so 2nd semester of Beginning Spanish)
 - ACTFL LPT & RPT exams are 100-level only

There is no where to put what courses come in as at TESU, but I happen to know the course equivalencies for the RPT, WPT & OPI/OPIc exams

Really? The SDC Transfer page says that Spanish 102: Intermediate Spanish transfers to TESU as SPA-201 Intermediate Spanish I. It's strange for the SDC page to get it so wrong.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Not sure if it helps, but SPAN 3010 Spanish for Health Care Professionals: Advanced (4 Credits) from SUNY came in as SPA-399: Special Topics in Spanish (UL). I don’t know the cost, as it was a class the the GF took before we were together, but I know what it was evaluated as at TESU. https://catalog.esc.edu/courses/span/
Old Salt w/ New Papers
Pierpont: AAS BOG BUSINESS FOCUS 8/5/22
Excelsior: BS NUCLEAR ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY 10/21/22
[-] The following 1 user Likes Insert Name's post:
  • rachel83az
(08-22-2022, 02:55 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(08-21-2022, 08:10 PM)dfrecore Wrote: FYI: I just updated that page, as there was incorrect info
 - Study.com does not have a 200-level Spanish course, Intermediate Spanish comes in as SPA-102 (so 2nd semester of Beginning Spanish)
 - ACTFL LPT & RPT exams are 100-level only

There is no where to put what courses come in as at TESU, but I happen to know the course equivalencies for the RPT, WPT & OPI/OPIc exams

Really? The SDC Transfer page says that Spanish 102: Intermediate Spanish transfers to TESU as SPA-201 Intermediate Spanish I. It's strange for the SDC page to get it so wrong.

Maybe they changed it, but I've seen people bring it in and they've been given credit for SPA-102 (I've seen the evals).  But I'll double check.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I think I vaguely remember seeing it as SPA-102 in the past, but it definitely now says SPA-201.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
My wife has basically completed everything except the SOS, Capstone and these 3 other requirements.

C: History & Civ 3SH[b] (Not started)[/b]
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better
For course options, please contact an Advisor
Course required to be at the 200, 300, or 400 level and related to the ONE Foreign Language selected for the area of study.

1 course needed

D: Mj Wrts of Lit 6SH [b](Not started)[/b]
*must earn grades of C/CR or better
Complete the following sequence of courses OR one of each course from a Foreign Language Department: Major Writers AND/OR Masterpieces of Literature
For course options, please contact an Advisor
Courses required to be at the 200, 300, or 400 level and related to the ONE Foreign Language selected for the area of study.

2 course needed

Obviously, TESU does not offer those classes.

So I need this Forum's guidance as to where I can find these 3 courses inexpensive. I have found several but at a high cost ($700 per credit).

FYI, We reside in Texas

Please Help.
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG CIS AOS
Bergen Community College - AS BA
Sophia - 15 Courses, InstantCert - 7 Courses, Study.com 1 Course
Coursera -  Google Digital Marketing
Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate
Coursera - Project Management
CSMLEARN
Clep -  Spanish, CIS, Analyzing Lit
Unfortunately, the Spanish degree is one of the more expensive ones. Have you looked at the suggestions on the wiki? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(01-16-2023, 07:19 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Unfortunately, the Spanish degree is one of the more expensive ones. Have you looked at the suggestions on the wiki? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Yeah, I remember me giving you the Sam Houston State info. I am just trying find it cheaper. They can be 200 Level courses.
In progress:
TESU or UMPI

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG CIS AOS
Bergen Community College - AS BA
Sophia - 15 Courses, InstantCert - 7 Courses, Study.com 1 Course
Coursera -  Google Digital Marketing
Coursera - Google IT Professional Certificate
Coursera - Project Management
CSMLEARN
Clep -  Spanish, CIS, Analyzing Lit
Have you checked local Texas CCs? I imagine some of them might have courses that work.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Also check out the New Mexico CCs - they are very affordable for out of state.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

If you do find anything better/cheaper, please let us know! I've done a lot of looking and the courses that are on the wiki are the cheapest ones I've found that should fit TESU's requirements.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 447 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,530 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,938 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,448 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,468 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,627 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 774 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  UNED Spanish online university Avidreader 5 790 07-03-2024, 08:29 AM
Last Post: inor
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,988 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema