Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia $149/yr promo is live again!
(12-17-2020, 01:28 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: How would you all rank Sophia compared to the other various platforms? I am tempted to jump on this, but it would be $596 for all four kids. Too bad there's no bulk discount.
Thanks in no small part to Sophia, I was finally able to earn my degree.  I have also introduced friends and family to Sophia.  I would describe their self-paced content delivery system as intuitive, exceptionally easy to learn and navigate, reasonably consistent, and surprisingly forgiving.  

Their online and phone support options are good, email less so.  There are no added costs and no nasty surprises...you won't find anguished posts from Sophia students on Reddit or the BBB screaming about how they worked on a course for months and got no credit because they submitted a paper the day after their $200 monthly subscription expired.

They're not perfect, for sure.  Sophia's biggest flaw is probably the limited course selection.  You can use them to bang out common gen eds, but not for anything even remotely specialized or upper level.

If the option to earn approximately 90 ACE-certified college credits for $149, all without leaving your home or invasive live proctoring isn't a "bulk discount", I don't know what is.
[-] The following 3 users Like ctcarl's post:
  • jch, rachel83az, ss20ts
I already contacted Sophia through chat.

https://www.sophia.org/profile/membership

They provided this link, which will show you the $149 option (at least it does right now).

If only I needed more of their classes... but I'll just go for Business Law, and the new courses: Principles of Finance, and Communication at Work.

Merry Christmas!
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
(12-15-2020, 03:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I checked and the email leads to: https://www.sophia.org/special-offer You can see this offer even if you aren't logged into a Sophia account. I would guess that you don't even need to have a paid membership to get this deal. It specifically says "When you join Sophia in December" and there is nothing about current/prior memberships.

I am now a member of sophia, and I have also received discounted emails. But my membership will not expire until January 4th next year. I tried to cancel the monthly membership to activate the annual membership, but there is no such option. I don’t have the option of annual fee when I enter from Sophia’s mail, but when I use a brand new mailbox to enter Sophia, I can see the option of annual feeSad

(12-25-2020, 09:51 PM)qiaoyiren Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 03:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I checked and the email leads to: https://www.sophia.org/special-offer You can see this offer even if you aren't logged into a Sophia account. I would guess that you don't even need to have a paid membership to get this deal. It specifically says "When you join Sophia in December" and there is nothing about current/prior memberships.

I am now a member of sophia, and I have also received discounted emails. But my membership will not expire until January 4th next year. I tried to cancel the monthly membership to activate the annual membership, but there is no such option. I don’t have the option of annual fee when I enter from Sophia’s mail, but when I use a brand new mailbox to enter Sophia, I can see the option of annual feeSad

Attached Files
.png   sophia.png (Size: 14.84 KB / Downloads: 19)

That sucks. I would try contacting them on Monday (via chat, not email) to see if they can help you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Reminder for those who need more than 3 months at Sophia; this deal is ending in a few days.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • doom
Does anyone know if this renews at $149/year, or some other annual cost?   Or does it transfer to the monthly plan after?   I'll probably be able to get what I need done within the year, but my wife also enrolled and definitely won't work through them as quickly so she may need more than the year.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits
(01-03-2021, 12:54 PM)NC Coach Wrote: Does anyone know if this renews at $149/year, or some other annual cost?   Or does it transfer to the monthly plan after?   I'll probably be able to get what I need done within the year, but my wife also enrolled and definitely won't work through them as quickly so she may need more than the year.

I don't know for sure but I would guess that it renews at the regular monthly rate.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English Composition I Sophia Touchstones homeschoolmom1 9 335 3 hours ago
Last Post: wow
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 162 98,295 6 hours ago
Last Post: achraf15
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 24 2,107 10-12-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia College Algebra dbrown2258 4 400 10-04-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Sophia Credits Question and updated plan MCMDF79 10 752 10-02-2024, 09:43 AM
  Does Sophia have any 300/400 level courses? ecomony 7 563 10-01-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: ecomony
  Scholarships for Sophia Learning students ArshveerCheema 1 482 09-21-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 573 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,827 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 436 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts