Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody help. I'm new.
Hello my name is Priscilla and I'm trying to pursue a degree in criminal justice or paralegal studies. Either at Excelsior or Charter oak.
Please any one put me through on how they went on with their degree in these areas using Clep exams and dsst along side the universities own exam. I'm confused with all the information I'm getting on here: some are too advance for me since I'm a newbie in this topic.
A response will be greatly appreciated or even a direct link to answer my questions.
Thanks.
Welcome Priscilla, take a deep breath. There is a lot of info to digest, but probably the majority of people here have attended Excelsior, Charter Oak (or Thomas Edison) and were new once too. Spend a little time just reading- there is so much here, but it will all start to make sense and you'll be able to find your feet in no time. Welcome!
One might start here:

Degree Forum Wiki - Wikia
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Read, read, read Smile This forum is like a foreign language when you first start. Start reading through entire threads and it will make more sense. Once you have done that, then you can focus on your specific questions. You can do this!
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Priscilla - welcome! What the other folks said is true. You are in the right place. Breathe. Read. Post questions. Write out an action plan in pencil. You'll be revising it as you find new ways to finish your degree faster and for less money.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
I read for about 3 months before I even began to think about my plan. I have revised it about a million times over the last couple years, as new info has come in (free Ethics course, free TEEX courses, free Kaplan PLA course, etc.) or I found out what I do and don't enjoy (I realized that I don't LOVE to test, but I prefer an online course).

Read the post from Rebel100, that's a helpful way to start. Then start looking at posts as they come in, go to the beginning of them and read all the way through. Some are quite long, and refer back to "the olden days", and things have changed, but it's still good to get the lay of the land this way.

Then, once you feel comfortable, look again at the degree plans for both schools and create a preliminary plan for yourself and post it here. Lots of people will help you figure it out, but it's much easier if you get an idea of what the plan requirements are at each school, the differences at each school, what Humanities vs. Social Science vs. Applied Professional credits are, the different options for testing vs. online courses, etc.

There is a LOT to learn, but take your time and start going through it, and things WILL start to make sense over time. We were all newbies once!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA