Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Frustrated with TESC right now!
I got two automated responses when I sent an email asking if my CLEP test transcripts have been received and if not how long should I wait before paying for a second transcript to be sent.

No real response, just two super annoying automated responses.

I'm calling them tomorrow but in the mean time can someone please talk me down because my head is about to explode...

The second automated response was literally an "I'm not at my desk... " message telling me that one guy. One guy. Is going to be on vacation. For another two weeks. Another. Two. Weeks.

No, I didn't get an email saying "We're sorry it has been 20 days and you have not been notified that we received mail that was sent from North Jersey to Trenton, NJ... " I got automated nothingness that seems to be telling me that one guy who is already way behind is going to be on vacation for two more weeks.

I know the USPS can be slow but my last CLEP from the same location was marked as being received (even though I didn't get the email til later but thats ok...) as 9 days after I took the test. It's been 20 days now. It doesn't take 20 days for mail to travel from here to there. It takes 3 the most.

I need someone to tell me that tomorrow when I call I will speak to a reasonable adult human who will address my problem properly. I need someone to tell me that no, TESC doesn't really only have one guy doing this particular job.

(It's 60 miles. I just googled it. 60 miles from here, to there. )

Sorry I know you guys have more pressing and more important issues and I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I am so frustrated that it seems like I'm paying full time tuition for part time service. Is this going to continue to be a problem? What if I'm waiting on transcripts to graduate or something, and ... this guy... goes on vacation for weeks at a time again?
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
Are you able to log into WebAdvisor? There is a link where you can check 'Transcripts Received' which is more current than their email system.

I just got got an email today 8/22 telling me that they received my dsst score on 8/12 WebAdvisor showed it right away.
CLEP
Spanish Language 75
American Gov't 52
A&I Literature 66
Prin. Management 67

DSST
Substance Abuse 453
Prin. of Supervision 450
Organizational Beh. 63
Fund. of Counseling 61

8 FEMA credits
Sterling Archer Wrote:Are you able to log into WebAdvisor? There is a link where you can check 'Transcripts Received' which is more current than their email system.

I just got got an email today 8/22 telling me that they received my dsst score on 8/12 WebAdvisor showed it right away.

Thanks for responding. Smile

I check webadvisor approximately 500 times a day. lol.

Even after hours, even on weekends. lol.

ETA: That's where I see the previous CLEP I took at the same location listed as "received" 9 days after I took it, even though I know the email they sent telling me it was received came later.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

FEMA - 12 Credits
I was told that the CLEP headquarters is within spitting distance of TESC by someone at CLEP. They get the CLEPs fast. What takes so long is the processing.

Here's what you do. Wait 25 business days after you took the CLEP. If it's not on your transcript by then, open a polite help ticket pointing out that it's been more than 25 days, and they'll quickly get it taken care of (but if you try it before 25 business days, not much will happen).
Before you call TESC call
[h=3]College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)[/h] P.O. Box 6600
Princeton, NJ 08541-6600
Phone: 800-257-9558
Fax: 609-771-7088
E-mail: clep@collegeboard.org
Learn more about CLEP.

One time I had a problem so I called them and found out what date the results were mailed, then I called TESC and said look I could walk to Princeton and get the results and walk it to Trenton by now. I just want to know if you have it. They finally went through a pile and said oh yes we have it we just haven't logged it yet we are behind.

I know it is frustrating I used to live in Hunterdon County NJ and sometimes I felt I might get a better answer if I went down there in person. I have never heard of them not getting the results it just takes them forever to add them. It is only about 12 miles straight down route one from the ETS building to TESC.

If you get close to your graduation date and they have not acknowledged all of your credits call up and tell them you have a job interview and need the confirmation letter before you go they usually get things out faster then.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Sterling Archer Wrote:Are you able to log into WebAdvisor? There is a link where you can check 'Transcripts Received' which is more current than their email system.

I've found there's a delay between the time they post the transcript as received and send the email. I checked once to see if they got my DSSST transcript and they had. It was over a week later when I got an email saying they got it.

But yeah, check in WebAdviser as it's where you can not only see what transcripts they have but also your evaluation.
BA Psychology - TESC

CLEP Biology - 56
CLEP Human Growth and Development - 56
CLEP College Mathematics - 54
CLEP Educational Psychology - 58
CLEP Social Sciences and History - 70
CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 59
ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging -B
ECE Research Methods in Psychology - B
DSST Substance Abuse - 429
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling - 53
DSST Intro to World Religion - 458
JBtesc Wrote:Thanks for responding. Smile

I check webadvisor approximately 500 times a day. lol.

Even after hours, even on weekends. lol.

Oh, it can be frustrating for sure! Who are you calling / emailing? The handful of times that happened to me, I called the general Registrar line, and that always seemed to nudge the process along. I'm sure they do not have just one person assigned to all transcript receiving and entry, particularly if that person is on vacation.

Find out from CLEP exactly when the transcript mailed, then call the general Registrar line and explain that it should have arrived a few days after CLEP's send date, and request they check their records to be certain of receipt so you know if you need to have it re-sent. I'm not sure if you've been frustrated with them - it is understandable if you have been - but try to be nice when calling. Grandma always had that saying about catching flies, honey, vinegar, etc. One bit of experience I can relay about TESC...the times I called in an obvious state of annoyance, the call ended with even more of it. On the the other hand, when I bit my tongue and explained my situation politely, they tended to pretty promptly fix whatever was wrong.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
:iagree: The more desperate and frustrated I got the more I tried to sound sweet.The more I tried to sound sweet and helpless I sounded the faster I got result. TESC likes to help all the little lost souls, they don't care about the self confident ones.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thanks so much for everyone's responses!

I called TESC and they checked and couldn't find my transcript. So I called CLEP and they said they have record of me taking the test but that based on the test date (Aug. 3) and the "business date" they went out... which was way late like the 15th I think he said... he said its expected by the 29th, so if I call on the 29th and they still don't have it he will send out another one.

So, weird, but workable.

Thanks again for everyone's response and advice!

FEMA - 12 Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,868 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Which Penn Foster class = TESC Strategic management? Can219 18 4,734 03-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Bsba tesc Collegelady2 20 3,986 05-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Collegelady2
  Advice for degree plan TESC BA in Liberal Studies Vol 4 1,788 03-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Understanding the Physical & Natural World TESC requirement - Science course options? gremlinbrawler 21 3,608 03-27-2017, 05:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Software Idea from TESC grad doghouse42 2 1,133 12-29-2016, 03:41 PM
Last Post: doghouse42
  Grad credit in undergrad degree @ TESC cookderosa 7 1,549 10-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  How are the 3 NFA (FREE) courses (ACE recommended) transcribed by TESC/COSC/EC? Life Long Learning 8 1,922 09-24-2016, 07:20 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Frustrated with TESU & September's Graduation keymommy2000 4 1,079 08-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Last Post: davewill