Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaking my head
While I was talking about cruising through 14 classes in one session, I was really enjoying my courses and my professors. I completed 13 classes and never received a draft back that needed any changes. Until the very last one.....3 times already! After the second time, I went to the writing lab for assistance and they helped me change a few things. Got it back again today, she's asking for clarification on a few things. I'm shocked! Went back to the writing lab and asked for their assistance again. They are asking for her clarification of the rubric now. Not sure what to do at this point, besides wait until the person from the Writing Lab hears back from her. I won't say her name, as it's already been brought up on this site! 

Huh
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're able to get this resolved quickly.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I would contact Cody and Jessica.
That sucks, bud, but I'm not sure what options you have but to wait for the professor's clarification. That's one of the reasons I was hesitant about trying to bust through 30+ credits at UMPI for an English degree. The time you spend on a course could cost you another $1400. That would really, really upset me.

I'm actually kind of surprised we don't hear more about CBE schools doing that more to artificially slow down students progressing through their programs too quickly.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - 
BAAS General Studies
BAAS Organizational Leadership 

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
(03-08-2022, 05:53 PM)CCCC Wrote: While I was talking about cruising through 14 classes in one session, I was really enjoying my courses and my professors. I completed 13 classes and never received a draft back that needed any changes. Until the very last one.....3 times already! After the second time, I went to the writing lab for assistance and they helped me change a few things. Got it back again today, she's asking for clarification on a few things. I'm shocked! Went back to the writing lab and asked for their assistance again. They are asking for her clarification of the rubric now. Not sure what to do at this point, besides wait until the person from the Writing Lab hears back from her. I won't say her name, as it's already been brought up on this site! 

Huh
I had a similar experience. After the 2nd draft, I sent in my final and wrote her a 300-word email essentially laying out why I did everything and where I verified this was correct. Down to where the periods were, capitalization, everything. What made me most frustrated was in the rubric it named the Mayo Clinic as a reputable source so I referenced them in my paper. In her feedback, she said The Mayo Clinic should never be used and is not a reputable source because they have ads on their website. I asked her why The Mayo Clinic was listed on the rubric as a reputable source that could be used and she said "There are better sources." It felt like she hadn't read the rubric. I ended up with an A but I feel like I fought for it. I enjoyed every single class but this one. Congrats on finishing so many classes! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Msmith2708's post:
  • ss20ts
What class is this?
DBA Organization Leadership - South - Expected April 2024
BA Political Science and History - UMPI - 2022
MS Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - WGU - 2021
BS Computer Science - Park U - 2018
MBA Public Administration - CSU - 2016
BS Management - Park U - 2010
AAS Communications Technology - CCAF - 2008

CEH/CHFI/SEC+/NET+/Proj+/CISSP
[-] The following 2 users Like kidneysmasher's post: