Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help
(04-06-2024, 05:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
huiwh1998 Wrote:I've send you a pm bro, please check it

I've read through it, you've got a few things going on and that's why it seems complex, it's actually just completing 'blocks' of credits and transfer them in.  You can do things differently, apply to both Pierpont and UMPI, send in transcripts towards both institutions, you can send Sophia.org classes for transfer credit once you are done with the 15 gen eds for the Pierpont BOG AAS, you can get the Info System using the 5 Sophia.org IT related classes, in addition to what you are bringing in from transfers.

For UMPI, you want to get more credit, it does require 40 technical credits, 15 are coming from the Sophia.org IT related ones, more can come through with the cheap monthly subscriptions for Coursera/Google Certificates that generate ACE credit.  These are recommended for extra IT credits and certs/experience, you should do all the Sophia.org classes that transfer, then a subscription of Coursera to get those ACE options completed.  Lastly start your classes at UMPI... I'll get into more detail when I reply to your PM.

Okok…. That’s great thank you! Will try to get as many non touchstones from Sophia now after my ENEB essays Big Grin …by apply to both Pierpont and umpi together, how’s it possible since I don’t have the BOG AAS? Afaik, I’ll have to receive my BOG AAS diploma in order to register on UMPI BAS/AALS? If I do it simultaneously I can only do the BLS path with enough credits right ?( still I can get 3 certificates tho it might not be a bad thing )
This is what I mentioned in private message, you can change it slightly to this in red:
Pierpont BOG AAS, 1 RA, 60+ Alternative Credits, might be easier to skip the UK transfer credits
1) Sophia.org - 15 Gen Ed, 15 credits (Computer/IT)
2) ASU 1 RA + Coursera/Google/TEEX - 40+ ACE credits
3) Apply Pierpont & Transfer credits (skip International UK credits for now)
**Apply to UMPI before Pierpont BOG AAS confers, you'll know where your UK credits go!**

UMPI BAS 120 credits - Reuse 60+ from Pierpont BOG AAS
1) When Pierpont BOG AAS confers, Apply to UMPI BLS, send ASU, ACE, UK transcripts
2) UMPI change to BAS when accepted, add AALS freebie and forget it
3) Complete remaining residency credits (10 UMPI classes for 30 credits)
Note: WES is recommended, but you can email admissions, they should accept any NACES member
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • huiwh1998
(04-06-2024, 09:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: This is what I mentioned in private message, you can change it slightly to this in red:
Pierpont BOG AAS, 1 RA, 60+ Alternative Credits, might be easier to skip the UK transfer credits
1) Sophia.org - 15 Gen Ed, 15 credits (Computer/IT)
2) ASU 1 RA + Coursera/Google/TEEX - 40+ ACE credits
3) Apply Pierpont & Transfer credits (skip International UK credits for now)
**Apply to UMPI before Pierpont BOG AAS confers, you'll know where your UK credits go!**

UMPI BAS 120 credits - Reuse 60+ from Pierpont BOG AAS
1) When Pierpont BOG AAS confers, Apply to UMPI BLS, send ASU, ACE, UK transcripts
2) UMPI change to BAS when accepted, add AALS freebie and forget it
3) Complete remaining residency credits (10 UMPI classes for 30 credits)
Note: WES is recommended, but you can email admissions, they should accept any NACES member

ok ok, i guess ill have to digest the information coz there's too much info at the time... again, thanks for ur help. I'm getting things a bit more clear!
huiwh1998 Wrote:ok ok, i guess ill have to digest the information coz there's too much info at the time... again, thanks for ur help. I'm getting things a bit more clear!

That's great, you're very welcome... It'll be clear when you get one thing done at a time, work one provider at a time, don't have more than one subscription open. If you have more than one subscription open, you're not maximizing the time to do everything on one subscription... So, do Sophia.org first until you complete them, then start Coursera until they're done, and lastly work on UMPI classes. Basically, follow what I mentioned in post #12. Review the degree plans and complete the subjects for them, do Pierpont first, then work on the UMPI.

(04-05-2024, 05:13 PM)huiwh1998 Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 08:28 AM)rachel83az Wrote: May I ask why you're specifically interested in a BLS/BAS degree? I would strongly recommend a BABA vs. a BAS/BLS. The BAS/BLS might work for Hong Kong right now but, if you are even partially considering moving to another country, there are countries that don't know how to deal with a BAS/BLS degree. For immigration purposes, you might not even count as having a "full" degree. A BABA degree is much more portable, takes only slightly more effort, and is still very fast and inexpensive to obtain.

I just want a degree as fast as possible, as long as it is valid and real, it is fine for me. I know a baba is definitely better but I just want it to be as quick as possible so I choose the BAS/BLS route! I am already in another online institution (Uni of Essex Online, which cannot be accelerated) and I am studying business-related subjects, I don't want to repeat all the stuff again. A BAS with a MIS minor might be a good idea because I can get to know more in the IT field, and I might have more job opportunities as well...

Actually, doubling up on stuff you've already learned is a great way to accelerate. You can use what you already learned in your other classes to finish quickly at UMPI! Especially since the main classes you can take at UMPI for a speedy BLS/BAS are either Business or History. If you want to take mostly History, that's fine. But if you're already taking a bunch of Business classes anyway, you might as well benefit from the full BABA PM/MIS degree and not the BAS.

Also, the MIS isn't a "real" MIS degree. You're not going to learn much tech stuff. It's more "management" and less "information systems".
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hi there. Here’s my exact plan I did at UMPI. I actually chose to switch to BLS from BABA mid term here.

I just have PCJ 315 elective to finish. Everything else at UMPI I have already completed.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1U7CrSBg2...ype=msword
Katler Wrote:Hi there. Here’s my exact plan I did at UMPI. I actually chose to switch to BLS from BABA mid term here.

I just have PCJ 315 elective to finish. Everything else at UMPI I have already completed.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1U7CrSBg2...ype=msword

It's really a personal preference, BAS/BLS with a minor or BABA with PM & IS concentration will work for most individuals, they just need to decide which one is more of a fit for themselves. BTW, your file seems corrupted, I can only see the first page, the second page can't be viewed... Would you mind re-attaching the file and verify the link is working properly? Thanks for sharing your evaluation for people to review, it really helps with a 'picture' of what needs to be done and what transferred over...

(04-05-2024, 09:22 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
huiwh1998 Wrote:This is getting a bit confusing... I feel like I am totally confused. Is there by any chance you speak Cantonese or Chinese? Do you mind if I PM you to ask you more questions? Are there any degree plannings for that? Thanks bro.

Take your time, don't rush things... Pretty much what you just mentioned, you've got this as the following: Pierpont BOG AAS, 15 credits Sophia.org for General Education, 45 previous credits as electives.  UMPI BAS, 40 Gen Ed credits, 60-62 previous credits as electives, 18-20 in the minor, all the classes you take from Sophia.org/previous credits go from BOG AAS to the UMPI BAS as transfer credit, you just continue onwards with UMPI requirements.

Yeah, you can PM me to ask questions, I am better with Canto or English, my French & Mandarin is OK.  The only reason I suggest the BAS or even BLS, is the max transfer of your current credits as 60 can go into electives.  I linked you earlier to the degree plan sticky thread for the UMPI BAS and the person laddered that from the Pierpont BOG AAS.  You don't have to overthink every detail, review the Pierpont WIKI and UMPI BAS WIKI linked.
Brother, I messaged you privately and hope to get your help. I also speak Cantonese and Mandarin, and I am waiting for your reply. Thank you!
(08-25-2024, 03:26 AM)lyh Wrote: Brother, I messaged you privately and hope to get your help. I also speak Cantonese and Mandarin, and I am waiting for your reply. Thank you!

You're welcome... OK, I'm a little confused, what do you need help with?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 85 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 455 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 2 190 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 240 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 241 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 120 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 9 366 09-13-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Looking for advice on choosing a degree for a career change frankc 13 925 09-13-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Obrajnick
Question Help with Degree Planning Samhain408 5 280 09-12-2024, 11:14 PM
  Degree Advise/plan Wanted for a Canadian Student nbid 10 506 09-12-2024, 11:12 PM