Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Academy expanding their offerings
sanantone - this is just a forum and you are not a friend of any sorts, so calling me stupid doesn't matter but I would really suggest thinking it through more prior to such talk. There seems to be a really heavy concern for you feeling smart and all-knowing in this thread and that seems sad more than anything. My original comment & question was harmless but it is obvious you have a focused need for a specific outcome by how aggressive you continue to post.

Hopefully, you have it or it comes soon enough.
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(11-16-2017, 11:24 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: sanantone - this is just a forum and you are not a friend of any sorts, so calling me stupid doesn't matter but I would really suggest thinking it through more prior to such talk. There seems to be a really heavy concern for you feeling smart and all-knowing in this thread and that seems sad more than anything. My original comment & question was harmless but it is obvious you have a focused need for a specific outcome by how aggressive you continue to post.

Hopefully, you have it or it comes soon enough.

Where did I call you stupid? Point it out.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(11-16-2017, 11:43 PM)sanantone Wrote: Where did I call you stupid? Point it out.
(11-16-2017, 11:43 PM)sanantone Wrote: That's a stupid question.

I am sure we can play semantics and claim saying something is a stupid question is not calling someone stupid but that would be such a lazy take. Again, we don't have a connection, so it is fine but I felt it was worth calling out for a value share.

It's closed on this end but I wanted to at least respond to your question.

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
(11-16-2017, 11:53 PM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 11:43 PM)sanantone Wrote: Where did I call you stupid? Point it out.
(11-16-2017, 11:43 PM)sanantone Wrote: That's a stupid question.

I am sure we can play semantics and claim saying something is a stupid question is not calling someone stupid but that would be such a lazy take. Again, we don't have a connection, so it is fine but I felt it was worth calling out for a value share.

It's closed on this end but I wanted to at least respond to your question.

It's not semantics; it's English. Calling something a stupid question is definitely not the same as calling someone stupid. Calling someone's book terrible is not the same as calling the author a terrible person. Calling someone's car ugly is not the same as calling the owner ugly. This just further proves my point that you've been misreading things.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
If 'stupid' gave you confirmation, there is too much irony for me to get in the way of this being the close Smile

(11-17-2017, 12:02 AM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: If 'stupid' gave you confirmation, there is too much irony for me to get in the way of this being the close Smile

The irony is that you implied that what I said was stupid when others didn't misread like you did. The irony is that you implied that my "strong position" was stupid, and you're now complaining about me calling your question stupid. Maybe you get away with insulting others in your life without a response, but I am not those people. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(11-17-2017, 12:10 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(11-17-2017, 12:02 AM)RANSOMSOUL Wrote: If 'stupid' gave you confirmation, there is too much irony for me to get in the way of this being the close Smile
Maybe you get away with insulting others in your life without a response, but I am not those people. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

The entertainment my kids are getting from this thread is awesome. They told me I better watch my back, sanantone sounds gangsta! Wink

Ok - Saylor UL Business at $25 we all agree are needed but UL forgetting about the savings are no longer needed in business. I can agree with that & anything else in-between was just fun dialog while watching the Boston/Golden State game.

Best wishes for an Epic Friday!

Confused 
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • teacher2, ttower
Yikes. Well, I agree that although you can't get an entire BSBA through Saylor (acutally you can't get ANY degree entirely through Saylor), it sure would be nice for some OTHER degrees to have more inexpensive options. There are PLENTY of BSBA options for most of the AOS's (Accounting $900; CIS $800; Finance $774; GM $225; HR $750; Marketing $656).

I think that we're all a little spoiled here, with all of our cheap options. It used to be that we were happy to find courses for $100, but now, to expect to get EVERY course in EVERY BSBA AOS for $25 is a little nuts to me; adding that you'd like to get them all without having to do anything except testing (no projects) is just...I can't even say it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • sanantone, ttower
Well that escalated quickly. :/
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Toastmaster's post:
  • teacher2

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gandhi-King Global Academy - United States Institute of Peace Charles Fout 3 439 06-13-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: villagetunic
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 55 9,575 05-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,518 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  IMG Academy sold for $1.25 billion! bjcheung77 0 358 10-16-2023, 05:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 2,171 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Vermont Academy and Mount Snow Academy Announce a Merger bjcheung77 0 267 08-22-2023, 06:37 PM
  Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) Offerings bjcheung77 1 625 05-18-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Anglia Ruskin, Brunel, Coventry Universities - FutureLearn Offerings bjcheung77 0 620 03-25-2023, 08:59 PM
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,893 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Zovio dissolves, trying to sell Fullstack Academy bjcheung77 7 1,133 11-02-2022, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Johann