Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
SOPHIA Questions
Greetings everyone, 
I'm new to this forum and to SOPHIA....
I have two questions.

1) When submitting your transcripts to your university for ACE credit, which transcript do you send (ACENET or SOPHIA)?

2) If you send the SOPHIA transcript, do universities frown over courses that might have been completed in 1-2 days. For example, I was able to start/ finish a 3-CR course in a matter of one day. Therefore, on the transcript it says START DATE 4/16/2020- It also says END DATE 4/17/2020. However, the content was really easy and I scored a 98% in the class. I think my university will need this number so that they will know what grade to give me on my transcript when the ACE credits come in..

Can anyone advise on how this actually works when the credits are transferred in?
Oh, I guess you missed my How-To post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts?
1) Sophia.org doesn't have a transcript option or button, it always goes through ACE
2) No, these are pass/fail courses, they won't care if you got 71% or 99%, it's a pass either way.
3) Oh yeah, read the link above... Just make sure your school accepts them and the number of credit limits they have.
Some schools allow up to 30 credits, others allow 60, and even less allow up to 90 credits total.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
It depends on where you go to school. If school is one of the 27 on this list: https://www.sophia.org/online-courses-fo...tners-link
Then your school for sure accepts Sophia. They might not accept all of the courses, but at least some sophia courses are guaranteed at these 27 schools.

If you University is NOT in this list: http://www2.acenet.edu/crm/cup/
Then that means they won't accept Sophia at all.

If your University IS on the list above, then there is a chance they may accept Sophia, but you have to contact the school and see. You may have to provide a syllabus or other information. Some make you do PLA to accept it. It may or may not be a complicated process. I will say if it is brick and mortar school then you will probably have a more difficult time getting it accepted than an online school.
I just finished a few Sophia courses recently and they had two options for transcripts. Directly from Sophia via Parchment. Or instructions to go through ACE. I used ACE for TESU. It worked fine to get many sophia and other ace providers and send one transcript to tesu. Haven't heard of others using parchment for sophia so I didn't go that path.
So far, with TESU that has not been an issue about start/finish. I am not seeing on sample ACE or on my account with start dates. But it could show up. ???
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

I received this email from Sophia today

Re: Congratulations on your recent Sophia course completion!
Apr 17 at 1:45 PM

PrintRaw message
[Image: photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A...rmat=image]learning coach <learningcoach@sophiau.com>
To: (Name removed by Longroad)>
You should request your official Sophia transcript through Parchment.   Charter Oak will accept an official transcript through Parchment.

[Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%...rZipLQ--~C]The Sophia Learning Coaches
email: learningcoach@sophia.org
Phone: 800-341-0327
www.sophia.org
Does COSC post a grade for the direct Sophia transcript?
The ACE transcript does not show the start and end date.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-17-2020, 05:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The ACE transcript does not show the start and end date.

confused. I don't see it with start date. But I thought it shows the completion date.On the tesu eval of ACE courses, the "term completed" (in tesu terms) matches completion dates of sophia courses. How else would TESU know the end date? confused?
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • ss20ts
(04-17-2020, 02:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh, I guess you missed my How-To post here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ranscripts?
1) Sophia.org doesn't have a transcript option or button, it always goes through ACE
2) No, these are pass/fail courses, they won't care if you got 71% or 99%, it's a pass either way.
3) Oh yeah, read the link above... Just make sure your school accepts them and the number of credit limits they have.
Some schools allow up to 30 credits, others allow 60, and even less allow up to 90 credits total.

This is partially true, COSC took my project management directly without ace involvement
(04-17-2020, 06:36 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 05:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The ACE transcript does not show the start and end date.

confused. I don't see it with start date. But I thought it shows the completion date.On the tesu eval of ACE courses, the "term completed" (in tesu terms) matches completion dates of sophia courses.  How else would TESU know the end date? confused?

I meant that it doesn't show BOTH the start and end date.  It just shows the end date.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed of Completion of Sophia.org Courses colonelcamp 1 72 9 hours ago
Last Post: Vle045
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 119 62,600 Yesterday, 02:58 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 477 04-24-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 916 04-23-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 135 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 539 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,463 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 768 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,014 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 268 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77