Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOPHIA----Opinions on courses???
Each person is different. I have a high affinity for science (except math), so I did Environmental Science in like 4 hours. That course was insanely easy for me.

Chemistry is trickier because I don't have such strong foundations. That course goes very well doing the lab at the same time.

Visual communications was easy for me. Did it in a few hours as well.

Sophia now requests written assignments in their History classes. My subscription ended right when my touchstone essay was returned ungraded. The proctor thought it was offtopic for some odd reason and I haven't renewed my subscription to repeat it.

I suggest taking Microeconomics first. It is the harder course and very graph heavy. But once you finish it, you will find Macroeconomics to be ridiculously easy and cruise through the course in a few days at the most.

Art history 1 and 2 was good. Lots of reading, but I had fun with them. No touchstones when I took them.

Greek Philosophers is a super fast course. Touchstone becomes graded in a few days.

Workplace Communication is also a fast course 

I had a fun time with US Government. The difficulty level was fine for me but other people unfamiliar with some rules such as Fillibusters will take longer. The touchstone was graded within 5-7 days.

Intro to Nutrition was semi easy for me. You might want to do chemistry first to brush up on Biochemistry. Nutrition repeats a lot of the same topics.

If you are still short on some social science requirements, Saylor might also be an option. I enjoed their Geography class a lot and felt the exam to be similar in dificulty to the practice test. The schools that are commonly talked about here will accept those credits. Saylor uses proctored exams though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avidreader's post:
  • midnite123
Thank you!
2nd monitor is a great idea!
I have a few laptops,so that should work!

(10-17-2023, 01:39 PM)Avidreader Wrote: Each person is different. I have a high affinity for science (except math), so I did Environmental Science in like 4 hours. That course was insanely easy for me.

Chemistry is trickier because I don't have such strong foundations. That course goes very well doing the lab at the same time.

Visual communications was easy for me. Did it in a few hours as well.

Sophia now requests written assignments in their History classes. My subscription ended right when my touchstone essay was returned ungraded. The proctor thought it was offtopic for some odd reason and I haven't renewed my subscription to repeat it.

I suggest taking Microeconomics first. It is the harder course and very graph heavy. But once you finish it, you will find Macroeconomics to be ridiculously easy and cruise through the course in a few days at the most.

Art history 1 and 2 was good. Lots of reading, but I had fun with them. No touchstones when I took them.

Greek Philosophers is a super fast course. Touchstone becomes graded in a few days.

Workplace Communication is also a fast course 

I had a fun time with US Government. The difficulty level was fine for me but other people unfamiliar with some rules such as Fillibusters will take longer. The touchstone was graded within 5-7 days.

Intro to Nutrition was semi easy for me. You might want to do chemistry first to brush up on Biochemistry. Nutrition repeats a lot of the same topics.

If you are still short on some social science requirements, Saylor might also be an option. I enjoed their Geography class a lot and felt the exam to be similar in dificulty to the practice test. The schools that are commonly talked about here will accept those credits. Saylor uses proctored exams though.

THANX for the great info!

I am just trying to pick out around 10 courses to knock out in 2 months max  
Jus looking for easy courses to get rolling!!!
Visual Communications and Art History 1 are the 2 easy ones I would start with from what I saw on your list.

Some of the classes you had listed, I have not taken.

Completed:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
SJC AAS Automotive Technology
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • midnite123
(10-18-2023, 05:47 PM)ltw900rr Wrote: Visual Communications and Art History 1 are the 2 easy ones I would start with from what I saw on your list.

Some of the classes you had listed, I have not taken.

Thank you!
I will take your advice!

I will be excited if I can knock out,
6-8+ courses in a month!
Really easy anything without a touchstone

Environmental science
Visual Communications
Workplace Communications
Intro. to Nutrition

I started Oct 11 and have completed 10 courses US Government and Intro. to Sociology have slowed down the momentum though because of the touchstones.
[-] The following 1 user Likes glammie83's post:
  • midnite123
(11-01-2023, 12:18 PM)glammie83 Wrote: Really easy anything without a touchstone

Environmental science
Visual Communications
Workplace Communications
Intro. to Nutrition

I started Oct 11 and have completed 10 courses US Government and Intro. to Sociology have slowed down the momentum though because of the touchstones.
Thank you very much!
Very helpful!
I am going to try to complete 10 courses,
 in a 30 day period.
I am definitely going to take the 4 courses you mentioned!
Do you have any other courses I should start with?
Smile Smile Smile
(11-01-2023, 08:27 PM)midnite123 Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 12:18 PM)glammie83 Wrote: Really easy anything without a touchstone

Environmental science
Visual Communications
Workplace Communications
Intro. to Nutrition

Thank you very much!
Very helpful!
I am going to try to complete 10 courses,
 in a 30 day period.
I am definitely going to take the 4 courses you mentioned!
Do you have any other courses I should start with?
Smile Smile Smile

Visual Communications will get you warmed up and make sure your doing ctrl f to find the answers or atleast the correct paragraph where the answer is located.  It breezing by because im not reading every single word of text.
[-] The following 1 user Likes glammie83's post:
  • midnite123
I understand you want to knock out the easiest courses first, but since you can take two courses at the same time, I do highly recommend starting at least one of the courses you need that has touchstones first, just in case they take a long time to grade. Then, you can still knock out a lot of the easy ones with the second open course. 

I'm doing U.S. Government right now, and my touchstone was graded within a day, but I know that isn't always the case.
Current Goal:
UMPI: B.L.S. with minors in English and Educational Studies

I'm 65% through my degree!

Earned:  84 credits total
RA: 3 credits
Sophia: 75 credits
Study.com: 6 credits

CLEP: 9 in progress...
UMPI: 6 in progress...
[-] The following 1 user Likes RachelB's post:
  • midnite123
That's right, it's best to work on the ones without a touchstone just to speed through them and also get the hang of things with Sophia.org, once you've got those done, you can then work on the ones with touchstones. It really depends on the student, you can maybe take a course with very less touchstones along with a course that doesn't have touchstones and work your way up... Just make sure to max your credits through transfer with Sophia.org and also take courses that overlap in content together...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • midnite123
Yeah some of my touchstones for history took 7 days..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Duneranger's post:
  • midnite123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 606 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,921 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,797 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,766 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 367 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,445 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 527 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 621 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,254 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader