Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SO nervous - Information Systems test
Hey, all,

I just registered for IC today and I've gone through the first two sections of IC for the Information Systems test.

I'm really nervous because in June 2007, I took the Information Systems test after reading through a For Dummies book (mistake, don't ever use these!) and just using my own knowledge. I got a 48. I needed a 49. It was devestating! I also took the Developmental Psychology test, which I passed with a few extra points than needed. But then last month, I took the American Government test, and I got a 49 when I needed a 50! I haven't had great luck with these tests and not studying very hard.

It woke me up and I realized I needed to be studying harder. I plan to get a total of 15-18 additional CLEP credits to the 3 I have now, between now and March (so one a month, basically.) On Wednesday, I am re-taking the Information Systems test.

I ordered this software I found on Amazon called Perfect Score Software, which gave me a few practice tests, all of which I got 68% on. And today I registered for IC after seeing such great reviews, so I am working on that. Can anyone give me any words of encouragement, what especially to study for, etc. The Perfect Score software seemed to be heavily focusing on different kinds of information systems like OIS, EIS, etc, which I don't remember being on the test the first time.

Also, I really want to know - can anyone link me to any free practice tests online for this CLEP test, please! I need anything I can get. I know I am pretty much studying last minute now!

Thanks for the help in advance, everyone. I am glad I found this place.
Hi,
I studied the IC flashcards for 2 weeks for the Info Systems exam and passed it with a 56. I would definitely recommend you also go over the MIS flashcards as well, I've heard the information on both exams overlap and that some of the info on the MIS will be on the Info Systems exam. I'm living proof that IC worked for me. I would also recommend you go over the "Specific Exam Feedback" section of this forum.
Good luck to you,
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
You can always get more extensive help in the Specific Exam Feedback thread. Here's the link directly to the CLEP Info Sys feedback.

Try not to compare yourself with others here on the forum. Some people may be able to take an exam with little or no preparation and pass. For some, it may be because they already work in the field, or because it is their hobby. For others, it is because they are excellent test takers (i.e., good guessers) and can make a little knowledge go a long way. And some other people on the forum, just as in real life, like to exaggerate their abilities. So comparing yourself to other test takers usually just ends up being discouraging.

My best advice to you would be to always respect the test. Don't rush and take it before you are ready. Always take the practice exam, if one is available. There is an official CLEP practice exam book for you can pick up. I found it invaluable.

Good luck!
Master of Management, Cambridge College, 2011. 4.00 GPA.
BS in Business Administration, Charter Oak State College, 2009. 75 semester credits earned by exam, 45 in the classroom. 3.91 GPA.
AS in General Studies, City University of Seattle, 1999. 50 quarter hours earned by exam, 40 in the classroom. 3.95 GPA.
Thanks for your responses!
Does no one have any links to practice tests for free on the web?
I was going to do Peterson's, but then I decided to come here instead, and I don't know if I want to get both, I'd love free.
I do also have the official CLEP practice book, but I know by heart most of the answers, I think!
Don't know if anyone will respond to this, but I paid for Peterson's three practice tests on this subject. I still have 3 more nights before the test, but I took two practices so far and on the first I got 81%, and on the second (which was much, much harder) I got a 51%. What's up with that? I used this practice book for the Management CLEP to convert raw score to actual score, and both times were passing scores (I think you need around 43% raw to fail, is that true? something less than 50%, it looked like). So with some more studying, you think I'll be ok? Can't fail it this time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 213 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Test score rogeryoung 4 474 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,146 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 645 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 424 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 2,003 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 762 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 2,114 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,025 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 1,104 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd